My thoughts on Olsen's Spring Game

Yearby hasn't even taken a snap yet and I don't know why people keep penciling him in as the backup. He'll probably be the 3rd or 4th RB off the bench.

Advertisement
"We learned a lot about our team today."

That's what Golden said and I'll follow that up, Olsen will never be a difference maker here. If he's the guy for the next several years, we're mediocre at that position. He didn't show anything special in 30 something snaps. There wasn't one wow, look at that moment.

There's a lot of people dancing around itright now while trying to buy and sell hopes and dreams. Sorry, but that's the hard truth of it.

" He didn't show anything special in 30 something snaps"

So 30 snaps determine the worth of an entire career?
I don't buy that.
I don't know if Olsen will be a good one or a bad one or something in between.
I do know that 30 snaps and one scrimmage won't tell either way.

Bama, auburn, fsu all offered Olsen.
"A technician, Olsen has a very clean, quick release and is very accurate with the ball whether going deep or throwing underneath. He put good touch on his passes, rarely trying to overthrow. Olsen is a good athlete with excellent footwork. He is a good scrambler and throws well on the run. He'll continue to get bigger and strong as he matures. He has an excellent frame. One of the best pure passers in the nation" - Scott Kennedy

I think he will limit turnovers and manage the game. Lville away is a tough game for any new QB but I think he'll be solid if our rungame is straight.

"We learned a lot about our team today."

That's what Golden said and I'll follow that up, Olsen will never be a difference maker here. If he's the guy for the next several years, we're mediocre at that position. He didn't show anything special in 30 something snaps. There wasn't one wow, look at that moment.

There's a lot of people dancing around itright now while trying to buy and sell hopes and dreams. Sorry, but that's the hard truth of it.

" He didn't show anything special in 30 something snaps"

So 30 snaps determine the worth of an entire career?
I don't buy that.
I don't know if Olsen will be a good one or a bad one or something in between.
I do know that 30 snaps and one scrimmage won't tell either way.

It isn't just these 30 snaps, but everything I've seen from the guy. He was missing throws out there today that many high school QB's could make. Put him in a game when he can get his block knocked off, he'll be in a world of trouble. Heck, Crow was just as productive and that's really saying something.

Advertisement
Back