My thoughts on Olsen's Spring Game

Advertisement
make no mistake...both of these guys are horrible from an X's and O's standpoint.

I think Coach D is a decent DC. He usually makes good (as possible) adjustments at halftime & seems to always know what calls he wants to run. Granted his D gets raped but 80% is due to an outdated scheme. (with the other being lack of talent)

Don't you do it!!! :drevil:

Seriously though, how 'bout that Kevin Olsen? What a guy!

Advertisement
Olsen has to know this is his one and only chance to lock down the #1 QB spot.

We will know how serious he is come first summer practices.

Can't judge a coach based off 3 years of data but we are going to judge Olsen based on a spring game.

Someone blow this board up.

Enjoyed the read so far. Kudos to all for keeping it Olsen, if you know what I mean. Not sure if I prefer Ryan (expecting him to be more poised at managing the O) vs Olsen ramping up in the opener against a Louisville D that feels like they have our number.

Advertisement
I feel like if we're going to move forward as a team, it should be with the young gun sooner than later - growing pains aside, we'll be a much better team in the long term.

I honestly think Olsen has left the door wide open for Kaaya to come in and pull off the upset.

Either way...I wouldn't go cementing Olsen's name in the starting lineup yet. No matter what we're going to be extremely green at the position.

True indeed JMC, but if we're gonna Go Green let's do it now - I'd rather ride with Olsen/Kaaya, take our lumps, and move forward.

make no mistake...both of these guys are horrible from an X's and O's standpoint.

I think Coach D is a decent DC. He usually makes good (as possible) adjustments at halftime & seems to always know what calls he wants to run. Granted his D gets raped but 80% is due to an outdated scheme. (with the other being lack of talent)

The 'ol banana in the tailpipe.

Advertisement
Kaaya is as good as right now as Manning was in His junior year at UT>.

Man, that is a very biased opinion.

My question would be, how do you know?

Peyton looked lost his freshman year. I thought Todd Helton was actually the better freshman qb at Tennessee, but comparing a HS qb to Peyton in his 3rd year in college when he was a consensus All American is ludicrous.

When I see Kaaya, I see Vinny Testaverde as a freshman.
Their physical skills are very comparable.

What we don't know, and won't know until fall practice is if Kaaya has a clue.

Going to be interesting to see.

"We learned a lot about our team today."

That's what Golden said and I'll follow that up, Olsen will never be a difference maker here. If he's the guy for the next several years, we're mediocre at that position. He didn't show anything special in 30 something snaps. There wasn't one wow, look at that moment.

There's a lot of people dancing around itright now while trying to buy and sell hopes and dreams. Sorry, but that's the hard truth of it.

Advertisement
Having a healthy Duke Johnson and Joe Yearby in the backfield will make this offense look totally different next year.

Not surprised by the OP's thoughts. Remember Williams was getting the bulk of the first team reps. I remember people going crazy the one practice where Kevin led the first team to start. Add in nerves and really vanilla play calling with out the simple deep routes called. Hopefully he goes to work this summer. I do think everyone should temper their expectations for the QB position whether it's Olsen, Kaaya, Rosier or even by some miracle Williams makes it back.

Advertisement
Back