My thing with the Transfer Portal.

We've picked up so far a nice RB since we whiiffed

A plug and play OL which might be starting day one at LT

A big time borderline 5 star from 2 years back who was starting and the USCw boards hated him leaving and think he is a star waiting to happen

And now digging up some QBs who might have their head on better and will bring real competition instead of who isnt suspended this week

Nope dont mind it at all! **** find me another Willis/Tito for DT depth! thanks lol

who’s the OT. must have missed it?

Advertisement
It is a supplement. Our bread and butter will always be local recruiting, but the transfer portal is our greatest weapon against the Bagman right now.

OP do you realize Miami has the #33 recruiting class....We are fortunate to get some top talent to compensate our losses.....Bolden for Tyrique is a good start....we need to stack while it's there....

Advertisement
The tranfer portal is the new JUCO and every big time team goes to JUCO for guys who are talented but needed a better situation and UM much like many other schools will benefit from it. The foundation is recruiting but the portal will be big

Recruiting is the bread and butter. The meat and potatoes. The other various food metaphors.

But the Transfer Portal, that’s the unexpected dessert cart. We’re not going to overly rely on it, but when a prime Tiramisu Martell shows up you snatch that shlt.

Another bonus is hopefully we can get these guys at a post-bag discount.
This is it flat out . Especially in our position it is great as we have a ton of talent but we just need a few better QB a few better OL and a player here and there who can play and that is what the transfer portal is great for . YOu don't build teams with transfers but you improve them with it .

With a plethora of our players not staying for their senior year, it is a welcome change. We haven't had a full roster in forever.

I wouldn't refuse anyone who could help us win more games.
Agreed. If they knocked our hat on the ground or trashed us, I'd like a public apology first.

Real tears would help. Ugly cry. All is forgiven.

Advertisement
Doesn’t matter to me in the least which route the players use to get here. **** it. Let’s win!

Not taking a kid cause he chose to go to another school first Makes no sense.

This team has holes, and they have to be filled. One way or another.

I never liked the one and done transfers, because they can cause havoc with the players waiting for their turn, but we need help desperately.

Advertisement
Recruiting is the bread and butter. The meat and potatoes. The other various food metaphors.

But the Transfer Portal, that’s the unexpected dessert cart. We’re not going to overly rely on it, but when a prime Tiramisu Martell shows up you snatch that shlt.

Another bonus is hopefully we can get these guys at a post-bag discount.
The portal bag game will eventually evolve

I'd let it be known publicly that Miami has an open door for high profile recruits, especially ones from south Florida. Give bag school coaches something else to plan for. Add having to bag kids to get there and then to stay there. Put a strain on those budgets and undermine the system

Advertisement
The portal is going to be the new norm. No awkward conversations with head coaches who try and control where a kid goes. Immediately reopens recruiting so players can speak to any prospective new team. Grad transfers can make themselves more marketable.

Agreed. I think filling a roster this way is the new norm. But I also agree with OP (& some others) in that if UM is openly disrespected and played, we should not pursue that kid.

It’ll be interesting to see how this new transfer game all plays out.

Get use to it. Once we benefit, all of college ball will follow us. Whoever our guy on staff that reels these guys in will be bought by Bama(the NCAA) in a couple of years...

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Back