My thing with the Transfer Portal.

TheChosenOne

Senior
I think Miami will benefit from the portal but I don't want us to be to reliant on it. Also for guys who failed else where and has disrespected or trolled Miami during their recruiting process, like a Jobe or that slow *** LB that threw Miami's cap that went to South Car, or that Nolan kid who continuously has our d*ck in his throat don't take those guys back. It will make us look weak as a program taking kids who disrespected us in the past.

Do not, and I mean DO NOT turn this portal thing into a plan B for Florida kids who spurn Miami the first time and think they can just come back later, especially if they mediocre and hold no valve.

Also I don't want our coaches to get lazy as recruiters. Instead of recruiting guys with potential out of HS or losing out on a HS kid their backup plan is always the transfer portal.

My $0.02

Advertisement
Recruiting is the bread and butter. The meat and potatoes. The other various food metaphors.

But the Transfer Portal, that’s the unexpected dessert cart. We’re not going to overly rely on it, but when a prime Tiramisu Martell shows up you snatch that shlt.

Another bonus is hopefully we can get these guys at a post-bag discount.

This is probably just a one time thing to offset the terrible recruiting class of this season. I doubt Manny will be overly relying on transfers too much in the near future.

The portal is going to be the new norm. No awkward conversations with head coaches who try and control where a kid goes. Immediately reopens recruiting so players can speak to any prospective new team. Grad transfers can make themselves more marketable.

Advertisement
We've picked up so far a nice RB since we whiiffed

A plug and play OL which might be starting day one at LT

A big time borderline 5 star from 2 years back who was starting and the USCw boards hated him leaving and think he is a star waiting to happen

And now digging up some QBs who might have their head on better and will bring real competition instead of who isnt suspended this week

Nope dont mind it at all! **** find me another Willis/Tito for DT depth! thanks lol

This is why we cant have nice things.

Our team is lacking depth severly & our coaches need to be turning over every rock looking for able bodies.

This is a great resource we need to use. If being transfer []_[] is the catalyst that Manny needs to get this engine turning again so be it. No matter how long the lease get talented kids & fans like OP who are obsessed with kids who spurned us can kick rocks. We aren't in a position to deny talent at the moment. If they can play bring them in & let them compete.

Last edited:
I'm perfectly fine with taking any and all transfers that want to come here. If they're better than what we have, play them. If not, they'll sit.

Also, if we're able to coach them up and get them in the league, it makes us look better.

Welcome to U Rehab.

Advertisement
We should prioritize high school recruiting but I wouldn't refuse anyone who could help us win more games.

Absolutely win at all costs. Some of our fans care about social media way too much.

These are dumbašs 17 & 18s year olds pulling this shït for the most part.

Well except for Kaindoh's Kuck. That dude is like 25.

I think Miami will benefit from the portal but I don't want us to be to reliant on it. Also for guys who failed else where and has disrespected or trolled Miami during their recruiting process, like a Jobe or that slow *** LB that threw Miami's cap that went to South Car, or that Nolan kid who continuously has our d*ck in his throat don't take those guys back. It will make us look weak as a program taking kids who disrespected us in the past.

Do not, and I mean DO NOT turn this portal thing into a plan B for Florida kids who spurn Miami the first time and think they can just come back later, especially if they mediocre and hold no valve.

Also I don't want our coaches to get lazy as recruiters. Instead of recruiting guys with potential out of HS or losing out on a HS kid their backup plan is always the transfer portal.

My $0.02

well said

Transfers should not be the primary focus, but they're an important part of the roster management equation. And with the more relaxed transfer environment, they're only going to become a bigger factor. Transfers are a great place to fill in holes from attrition, recruiting misses, unexpected injuries, or kid's unexpectedly leaving early. Also, they're a great spot to grab quality depth (or even a starter) in places where the talent in place has underwhelmed. But to me, transfers should always be more of a supplement or a compliment to standard recruiting.

I also agree the door should be forever closed on a kid that openly clowns or disrespects UM in any fashion. But if a local kid respectfully went about his business and made a different choice that he has come to regret, and that kid has talent to make an impact on the football field at UM, I'm open to at least bringing him in for a conversation and discussing the possibility.

Advertisement
We've picked up so far a nice RB since we whiiffed

A plug and play OL which might be starting day one at LT

A big time borderline 5 star from 2 years back who was starting and the USCw boards hated him leaving and think he is a star waiting to happen

And now digging up some QBs who might have their head on better and will bring real competition instead of who isnt suspended this week

Nope dont mind it at all! **** find me another Willis/Tito for DT depth! thanks lol

couldn't agree more

Transfer portal is just a method by which we can patch over the holes on our roster and get competitive again very quickly. IF we hire the right coaches AND find the right transfers, we can and should be competitive right away. Without significant transfers, our roster numbers would be WAY down.

HS recruiting could and should be our bread and butter, but until we can find a way to get to 85 scholarships, we are going to need transfers. Even if/when we get the roster filled up, this transfer thing is not going away. The programs that best capitalize on it will be in the best position to win big.

We're not Bama or Clemson. If a kid doesn't pick us and then wants to come home a year or 2 later, if he is an upgrade over what we already have or are recruiting, then you take him. Build up the program to be a 10-win a year team and then you can tell kids "You won't get a 2nd chance to play at home." We don't have the luxury to be that prideful if we want to get back on track quickly.

Advertisement
I just want the best players and the best fits at any and every time. If it's by recruiting, by the portal or by gunpoint then it's all kewl by me.

Obviously only a moron would become completely reliant on transfers but we certainly could become THE school for the good ones.

You don’t have to take every transfers but they are/will be multiple who can help the team especially with the new transfer rules

I agree with you in principle, but right now after this year. JUST WIN BABY

Get the depth right, get talent that got away for some reason, win games and build de the culture from there.
I don't want to take trolls and divas that embarassed Miami either, but if the coaches think that is what it takes to re-build right now, so it's

Advertisement
Back