My Take After 7 Games

UknowWhat

Senior
We are average.. We have a long way to go... I'm confident we will get better. There is a serious conflict of interest with the offense our staff wants to run and the personnel we have to execute it. Our defense is ok...probably 10 times better than what we have had in the last few years but still just ok. My expectations are unrealistically high.. I need to adjust and place emphasis on improvements. It is easier said than done and extremely frustrating to take that approach. I would like to see our O be more aggressive... Play like its 5 minutes in the game and we are down by 14. I would like to see our D stop giving up 3rd and longs and stop missing tackles. Again I'm confident we have the right staff in place and this thing will straighten itself out...God grant me the patience to endure...before all my hair is as white as Sebastian's feathers

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Advertisement
We are average.. We have a long way to go... I'm confident we will get better. There is a serious conflict of interest with the offense our staff wants to run and the personnel we have to execute it. Our defense is ok...probably 10 times better than what we have had in the last few years but still just ok. My expectations are unrealistically high.. I need to adjust and place emphasis on improvements. It is easier said than done and extremely frustrating to take that approach. I would like to see our O be more aggressive... Play like its 5 minutes in the game and we are down by 14. I would like to see our D stop giving up 3rd and longs and stop missing tackles. Again I'm confident we have the right staff in place and this thing will straighten itself out...God grant me the patience to endure...before all my hair is as white as Sebastian's feathers

No such thing as having too high expectations at the U. Lowering our expectations is why we got to this point! Great great game for your boy last night.

the vision and anticipation your son showed on that reverse was impressive, ESPN guys were raving about him

I don't post much, but I give your son a big thumbs up. The young man is a beast. And I can see improvement every game. My family and I flew down from Chattanooga to watch the North Carolina game. And I enjoy his style of play. I coach youth football here and often show film of what I'm trying to teach. And for once in a long time I can show them film of a Miami defense especially your son.

Advertisement
the vision and anticipation your son showed on that reverse was impressive, ESPN guys were raving about him
Yes he is doing good... but i think he could do better he is responsible for some of the missed tackles i mentioned...that brace has his left hand about 2 inches shorter ...but like i told him after the game last night ... that is still is no excuse. Can't remember but VaTech's or UNC MLB was wearing the same contraption... Don't get me wrong i can't express with words of how proud of him... i promised we will talk about the good times a little now..but will focus on what need to be fixed now...and when he hang up the cleats we will have a nothing but a good thing party from Pop Warner to Canton

Yes he is doing good... but i think he could do better he is responsible for some of the missed tackles i mentioned...that brace has his left hand about 2 inches shorter ...but like i told him after the game last night ... that is still is no excuse. Can't remember but VaTech's or UNC MLB was wearing the same contraption... Don't get me wrong i can't express with words of how proud of him... i promised we will talk about the good times a little now..but will focus on what need to be fixed now...and when he hang up the cleats we will have a nothing but a good thing party from Pop Warner to Canton

Good stuff, that front 7 is the truth, wait till he gets a year or 2 in the weight room, he is going to demolish people

I don't post much, but I give your son a big thumbs up. The young man is a beast. And I can see improvement every game. My family and I flew down from Chattanooga to watch the North Carolina game. And I enjoy his style of play. I coach youth football here and often show film of what I'm trying to teach. And for once in a long time I can show them film of a Miami defense especially your son.
Thanks

Good stuff, that front 7 is the truth, wait till he gets a year or 2 in the weight room, he is going to demolish people
Gus is building muscle endurance but i honestly believe if he was under his HS strength guy he would be a lot stronger today...but not sure if he would have the endurance he would need today...

Advertisement
Your kid played well yesterday, not perfect, but you should be proud. D still has a lot of improvement to make, but they are light years ahead of this offense.

Thank you for your perspective. I hope the kids have in in them to "gut check" for 2016. There is still a lot to play for even if it's not what everybody hoped. Very impressed with the corrections your son seems to make. He isn't supposed to play perfectly right now. Missed steps are expected, and VT's misdirection had to be particularly difficult for a true freshman MLB. The whole world was impressed with how he came out in the second half reading and reacting to the VT misdirection. Are you sure he's not really 27???

This team lacks talent plain and simple. Look at our roster top to bottom on offense and defense. We have ONE Elite player on this team and that's Corn. ONE

Our OL and DB's ( besides Corn ) are the worst in the ACC and it's not even close. Our DL is good but we can't handle injuries and carrying the worst Offense UM has ever thrown on the field. We need a MINIMUM of 2 Elite recruiting classes to be even close to competing again.

That's actually my primary question to you: how is your son's shoulder? I imagine the long-term prognosis is ok if you're all letting him play on it.

Advertisement
Thank you for your perspective. I hope the kids have in in them to "gut check" for 2016. There is still a lot to play for even if it's not what everybody hoped. Very impressed with the corrections your son seems to make. He isn't supposed to play perfectly right now. Missed steps are expected, and VT's misdirection had to be particularly difficult for a true freshman MLB. The whole world was impressed with how he came out in the second half reading and reacting to the VT misdirection. Are you sure he's not really 27???
Sure...lol he turns 19 in a couple of weeks and he is the old guy in our LB Trio

Sure...lol he turns 19 in a couple of weeks and he is the old guy in our LB Trio

This true freshman class (especially the trio) makes watching Miami lose a little easier...

What a special group. So much fun to watch.

Advertisement

Good stuff. Thanks for sharing. Really appreciate your views on the offensive struggles. Unfortunately, we are all too familiar with coaches trying to jam square pegs in round holes - Al Golden did this a lot. Coaches really need to tailor the offense around the players, not the other way around.

That's actually my primary question to you: how is your son's shoulder? I imagine the long-term prognosis is ok if you're all letting him play on it.
Not a bad tear.. actually the brace causes more discomfort... but he couldn't stand the pain without it

Advertisement
Back