My Take After 7 Games

Thank you for your perspective. I hope the kids have in in them to "gut check" for 2016. There is still a lot to play for even if it's not what everybody hoped. Very impressed with the corrections your son seems to make. He isn't supposed to play perfectly right now. Missed steps are expected, and VT's misdirection had to be particularly difficult for a true freshman MLB. The whole world was impressed with how he came out in the second half reading and reacting to the VT misdirection. Are you sure he's not really 27???
Sure...lol he turns 19 in a couple of weeks and he is the old guy in our LB Trio

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

All three of those kids are still 18 years old?

Wow!

That makes what they are doing more impressive, to me.

#Salute

Advertisement
the vision and anticipation your son showed on that reverse was impressive, ESPN guys were raving about him
Yes he is doing good... but i think he could do better he is responsible for some of the missed tackles i mentioned...that brace has his left hand about 2 inches shorter ...but like i told him after the game last night ... that is still is no excuse. Can't remember but VaTech's or UNC MLB was wearing the same contraption... Don't get me wrong i can't express with words of how proud of him... i promised we will talk about the good times a little now..but will focus on what need to be fixed now...and when he hang up the cleats we will have a nothing but a good thing party from Pop Warner to Canton

Good stuff, that front 7 is the truth, wait till he gets a year or 2 in the weight room, he is going to demolish people
Gus is building muscle endurance but i honestly believe if he was under his HS strength guy he would be a lot stronger today...but not sure if he would have the endurance he would need today...

Well, ****.

We are average.. We have a long way to go... I'm confident we will get better. There is a serious conflict of interest with the offense our staff wants to run and the personnel we have to execute it. Our defense is ok...probably 10 times better than what we have had in the last few years but still just ok. My expectations are unrealistically high.. I need to adjust and place emphasis on improvements. It is easier said than done and extremely frustrating to take that approach. I would like to see our O be more aggressive... Play like its 5 minutes in the game and we are down by 14. I would like to see our D stop giving up 3rd and longs and stop missing tackles. Again I'm confident we have the right staff in place and this thing will straighten itself out...God grant me the patience to endure...before all my hair is as white as Sebastian's feathers

Do you feel comfortable expounding on the conflict of interest on the offense? Are they looking for a more dual threat QB? Upgrades at RB & the obvious, along the OLine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Friend informed me that a member of his family has a cousin playing for the U now. The offensive line want big Gus in there to hammer away as he is a punisher and wears down defenses and can break tackles. He is not being used as the RB coach said he does not know the pass protection package fully. If true this is crazy. If he is in there to run what difference does pass protecting scheme have to do with pounding he ball.

Last edited:
Friend informed me that a member of his family has a cousing playing for the U now. The offensive line want big Gus in there to hammer away as he is a punisher and wears down defenses and can break tackles. he is not bein g used as the RB coach said he does not know the pass protection package fully. If true this is crazy. If he is in there to run what difference does pass protecting scheme have to do with pounding he ball.

because the other team watches tape and if every time he is in the game its a run they will know 100% run. its basic game day prep.

Advertisement
We are average.. We have a long way to go... I'm confident we will get better. There is a serious conflict of interest with the offense our staff wants to run and the personnel we have to execute it. Our defense is ok...probably 10 times better than what we have had in the last few years but still just ok. My expectations are unrealistically high.. I need to adjust and place emphasis on improvements. It is easier said than done and extremely frustrating to take that approach. I would like to see our O be more aggressive... Play like its 5 minutes in the game and we are down by 14. I would like to see our D stop giving up 3rd and longs and stop missing tackles. Again I'm confident we have the right staff in place and this thing will straighten itself out...God grant me the patience to endure...before all my hair is as white as Sebastian's feathers

Didn't mean to neg. on a plane

Go Canes

Friend informed me that a member of his family has a cousing playing for the U now. The offensive line want big Gus in there to hammer away as he is a punisher and wears down defenses and can break tackles. he is not bein g used as the RB coach said he does not know the pass protection package fully. If true this is crazy. If he is in there to run what difference does pass protecting scheme have to do with pounding he ball.

because the other team watches tape and if every time he is in the game its a run they will know 100% run. its basic game day prep.

what are we getting now with Yearby and Walton? Besides if you throw on first or second and short they cannot always say it will be a run-Play action will hold them if they expect him to run Team morale is suffering.

what are we getting now with Yearby and Walton? Besides if you throw on first or second and short they cannot always say it will be a run-Play action will hold them if they expect him to run Team morale is suffering.

gus cant block they will send the house every **** time. it makes no difference. the o line should figure out how to block before *****ing about the running backs. sounds like a bunch of whiny *****es to me.

Advertisement
the vision and anticipation your son showed on that reverse was impressive, ESPN guys were raving about him
Yes he is doing good... but i think he could do better he is responsible for some of the missed tackles i mentioned...that brace has his left hand about 2 inches shorter ...but like i told him after the game last night ... that is still is no excuse. Can't remember but VaTech's or UNC MLB was wearing the same contraption... Don't get me wrong i can't express with words of how proud of him... i promised we will talk about the good times a little now..but will focus on what need to be fixed now...and when he hang up the cleats we will have a nothing but a good thing party from Pop Warner to Canton

From Pop Warner to Canton- Really like that. Pulling for 55

Sure...lol he turns 19 in a couple of weeks and he is the old guy in our LB Trio

This true freshman class (especially the trio) makes watching Miami lose a little easier...

What a special group. So much fun to watch.

Joe Jackson is a freakshow.

Hey [MENTION=3]LuCane[/MENTION], did the NCAA pass a rule allowing OL to hold Joe Jackson? Cause I swear every time I see him he's getting around an OL only to be tackled with no penalty called.

This true freshman class (especially the trio) makes watching Miami lose a little easier...

If only the refs would throw a flag for the kid....he get's held every **** play

Didn't see your post. Completely agree. Its maddening.

My take on the last 3 games:

pileofcrap.gif

Advertisement
We need this to work. I see alot of flaws but if Richt doesn't work out, if may be 30 years before we are back to anything. He needs to change somethings that he's doing but kids wanna play for him so they'll improve. It's frustrating because we are so eager to be back to prominence but we can't do nothing but wait. Hounding the staff won't help anything. It sucks *** I know but we need them to fix it.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

And he got held, AGAIN last night. Straight take down. He's going to be a monster, like an unstoppable monster.

hes Aldon Smith hopefully with a noggin

Do you feel comfortable expounding on the conflict of interest on the offense? Are they looking for a more dual threat QB? Upgrades at RB & the obvious, along the OLine?

I think yes... RPO is most effective with a Dual Threat.. The conflict in my opinion is simple get a new block or find a new hole...Call plays that put Kayaa in the best situation...choice one. Or give Malek a shot and see if his legs make a difference...choice two...unfortunately practice will not provide a realistic picture.. only game time experience will provide a true test

Advertisement
We need this to work. I see alot of flaws but if Richt doesn't work out, if may be 30 years before we are back to anything. He needs to change somethings that he's doing but kids wanna play for him so they'll improve. It's frustrating because we are so eager to be back to prominence but we can't do nothing but wait. Hounding the staff won't help anything. It sucks *** I know but we need them to fix it.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk
Yeah I'm guilty along with a lot of others here....We want Rome built in a day...

gus cant block they will send the house every **** time. it makes no difference. the o line should figure out how to block before *****ing about the running backs. sounds like a bunch of whiny *****es to me.

Since when has Gus been a punishing back that wears down anything? I must've missed all the broken tackles as well.

Anyhow What, I get the we don't have the personnel to run what Richt wants, that much is obvious....at least on game day. My question about that though is if Kaaya is better at it all in practice, so we try it in games and the execution isn't there.

Either way, he's been given a lot of different sets and hasn't looked good at any of them this year.

Thank you for the perspective Poppa Shaq. We are all at a breaking point of frustration but it certainly hasn't been the fault of the D. I love watching those youngins flying around. That goal line stand against UNC was probably my favorite series of plays this season. Sucks about Shaq's shoulder, hopefully he is able to get it right ASAP.

Your son has been great

This freshman class should give us a LOT of hope for turning this around and maybe not too far away

Advertisement
Back