My reasons why the D coaches are to blame

AL CANE

Freshman
My turn to add to the **** show this board has become. In no particular order:

1. Regression of our most talented players. Chick, Pierre, Perryman, Bush, Jenkins, Porter all looked like future studs as freshman. They have all regressed plus a few more not named.

2. Lack of depth due to poor recruiting on the defensive side of the ball. No DL depth or talent and Golden ran off all our our LB depth (EJ and Paul).

3. Players don't know how to shed blocks. At all levels of the D. Guys consistently stick to and get swallowed by blocks not even attempting to disengage.

4. Consistently late substitutions leads to the next point.

5. Failure to line up quickly. How often do we see guys switching side on the DL and CBs sprinting from one side of the field to the other per snap?

6. Failure to adjust to how teams are attacking us. Leaving 6 in the box vs the read option and not adjusting. Newsflash: 5 OL + 1 RB + 1 QB > 4 DL + 2 LBs

7. No disguising of pressure packages. When we blitz it is so obvious that we are manning up we get smoked every time. See Cornelius getting smoked on the wheel route last night. Leads me to my next point.

8. No disguising coverages.

Feel free to add more or neg away.

Advertisement
It's amazing to see errors such as not being lined up at the snap of the ball or players not knowing what their assignment is when a player goes in motion and have some of our fans attribute that to a lack of talent when it is clearly a coaching issue. As is most of our issues on defense.

AL CANE,
I think most thinking fans see what you are seeing. I know I do and I can barely think on weekends. :)

For me, the crux of the issue are numbers 4-8 on your OP. I made it to the Va Tech game. So many times I would see Va tech's O break the huddle and get lined up while our defense was staring at the coaches on the sidelines. It often looked like a sea of blank stares.

The inability to adjust to whats happening is just so maddening to me. Seeing the Va Tech game live (my first live game of the golden era) told me so much. On 3rd and 4 our DB's are 4 yards off the line. On 3rd and 7 they are 7 yards off the line. On 3rd and 12 they were 10+ yards off the line. Coach Dorito coaches like a politician IMO. He's always looking for plausible deniability. That way it can never be his fault. SERIOUS problem IMO. I cannot tell you how many times yesterday (against Dook) that I was screaming at my TV, "come the **** up!!!" IT WAS MADDENING!!! On 3rd and 8 we had 5 of our 11 defenders completely out of the TV screen. On a 2nd and goal from the 4 we had 5 of our 11 defenders IN THE END ZONE. while EVERYONE knew their running QB was going to keep it.

Its very simple. For years now, below average offenses have been ripping through our defense and having record days. These same teams play other defenses that are not more talented and get shutdown. No further analysis needed.

Advertisement
My first eye opener was when Luther Rubinson had a pretty good game against BC week 1 last year. Later to find out he was reprimanded for getting into the backfield making plays, when apparently he should have been hugging it out with the guards holding his lane.

My first eye opener was when Luther Rubinson had a pretty good game against BC week 1 last year. Later to find out he was reprimanded for getting into the backfield making plays, when apparently he should have been hugging it out with the guards holding his lane.

First time in my life I ever ******* heard the phrase "too disruptive"

I had hoped it was all pure BS because of the drama going on

If that's true about Luther Robinson then there's the key to Miami's lack of progress. They look like they are lacking fire and aggression and it's because it is being drummed out of them. Miami will be a perennial 8 and 9 game winner as long as Golden is our head coach. with Blandy it was incompetence and his players lost faith and quit. With Al it's purposeful.
Dumbo, Muschump, Flubberneck and Foster, no one we played this year coaches like that.
This will not end well.

This is absolutely true!

Advertisement
SMFH

Luther was making too many plays.

SMFH

Luther was making too many plays.
that was the first ***** of the armour for me...as Luther was prettuy muc h a bust before that and i was just excited to see him play and actually be disruptive...only to realize it wasnt his "job" lol...i was like ...."thats wierd"...im thinking maybe Luther blew some assignments that got us gashed....nope...then i realized i had a similar dc in high school that played linebacker and he wanted to funnel everything or the backers to make plays and pretty much cared less about the dl and they were exactly what we have ""two gappers" which basically means hug the olineman and bump and grind.

No Frio HAS to go..just has to..dude has to break away from Golden for awhile and build up his own sh*t...FAU has an opening...should of took the temple gig. Its pretty obvious No Frio doesnt mesh with the kids down here...and h will never win the an base over....because his p*s*y philosophy doesnt jive with miami fans...we dont believe in bend but dont break defense.

Advertisement
Back