My Post Game Recap

I called him a champ in his 1st couple of fights. Everybody jumps on the bandwagon and I start looking for people to whoop him and anybody that comes on hot like him. He’s popped that **** about Jon Jones, I’d like to see him jump on that
Check the old UFC threads I used to start whenever he fought, I was the only one on the board giving him his props & telling yall this dude was gonna be legendary. I knew about him because he trained in the same discipline as me & was a phenemonal Kickboxer, he was a battle tested Warrior with well over a 100 fights in Kickboxing & Boxing before he ever set foot in an octagon.

He talks shìt because he can back it up, everyone assumes because he's skinny that he has no power, but Whittaker & Costa had to find out the hard way that that's not the case.

Jones is moving up to Heavyweight so I don't see that fight happening for another few years, at least until Jones runs outta money lol.

If they do ever fight at 205 Adesanya beats him handily. Jones has lost all his power & just uses his wrestling to win all his fights, he's not gonna withstand the tactical striking & high fight IQ that Stylebender has.

Advertisement
@Liberty City El I thought we called a much better game on defense tonight. I could be wrong but it looked to me like we kept it relatively vanilla and sound UNTIL IT WAS THE RIGHT TIME to gamble. We weren't just out there rolling the dice every play. I saw tighter coverage most of the night. On Bolden's INT we were in Cover-1 with Bolden at the single-high Safety spot, which was nice for a change. I don't recall seeing the blitzes from 18 yards away either.

I gotta watch the condensed version of the game but it almost seemed like they re-evaluated **** after the first couple games and approached tonight with less gimmicks.

Check the old UFC threads I used to start whenever he fought, I was the only one on the board giving him his props & telling yall this dude was gonna be legendary. I knew about him because he trained in the same discipline as me & was a phenemonal Kickboxer, he was a battle tested Warrior with well over a 100 fights in Kickboxing & Boxing before he ever set foot in an octagon.

He talks shìt because he can back it up, everyone assumes because he's skinny that he has no power, but Whittaker & Costa had to find out the hard way that that's not the case.

Jones is moving up to Heavyweight so I don't see that fight happening for another few years, at least until Jones runs outta money lol.

If they do ever fight at 205 Adesanya beats him handily. Jones has lost all his power & just uses his wrestling to win all his fights, he's not gonna withstand the tactical striking & high fight IQ that Stylebender has.

Anyone that didn’t think he has power because he’s skinny is stupid. The old threads you speak of, I was probably still at Gru sport mainly. But I knew the 1st time I saw him in the ufc he was coming for the belt in a hurry.

Last edited:
Advertisement
@Liberty City El ....On Bolden's INT we were in Cover-1 with Bolden at the single-high Safety spot, which was nice for a change. ...

You’re the D coach, not me, but it seems we’ve been in this coverage several times... I’ve peeped back there a few times this week, and I think last week, and saw him. At least a few times. I don’t map out the plays. I don’t watch the formations that close. Am I wrong?

@Liberty City El I thought we called a much better game on defense tonight. I could be wrong but it looked to me like we kept it relatively vanilla and sound UNTIL IT WAS THE RIGHT TIME to gamble. We weren't just out there rolling the dice every play. I saw tighter coverage most of the night. On Bolden's INT we were in Cover-1 with Bolden at the single-high Safety spot, which was nice for a change. I don't recall seeing the blitzes from 18 yards away either.

I gotta watch the condensed version of the game but it almost seemed like they re-evaluated **** after the first couple games and approached tonight with less gimmicks.
Facts.

After the first drive we pretty much sat back & dropped 6/7 in coverage for most of the night, we recognized that Blackman couldn't beat us with his eyes or his legs so we forced him to sit in the pocket & sped up his progressions.

We were winning the L.O.S. battle with the front 4 so we didn't have to dial up too many unnecessary Blitzes, we did Blitz early on with Keontra, but he came up closer to the line on pre-snap & was able to get home & hit Blackman. We also had a couple nice overload Blitzes with McCloud on his sack & we sent Bolden from the Strong side on his sack as well. We did exactly what we been calling for, disguised looks & played with much better spacing on pre-snap alignment from the Backers.

We did have one CB Blitz from Blades but he was short side of the field & closer to the hashes than normal.

Baker played mainly Cover 1, 2 & some Cover 4 in the 2nd half, but you can tell we liked our matchups on the front 7 so he was more comfortable just playing regular vanilla Defense, FSU has no speed on the outside whatsoever, so we didn't need to compensate for the Deep ball.

The only success they had was with Jordan Travis on those designed QB runs & on the quick Bubble screens, one of those runs they got away with a blatant hold on McCloud & on the others, if our CB's could learn how to hand fight & disengage with their blocker we could've cut most of those runs short. Fighting off blocks needs to be emphasized in practice all next week, our Corners were getting hemmed up lol.

But yeah overall, the Baker man called a good game, he did the same thing last year, so he pretty much has FSU's personnel & play sequences mapped out easy.

He's gonna have his hands full vs Clemson though, because they will take advantage of every weakness we have on Defense.

We having fun yet? Biggest game this program has had in years coming up. No we’re not favored. No we’re not supposed to win but man go out, play hard, play sound, leave it out there, don’t back down, and let’s see where the chips fall.

If this game was in Miami with normal attendance, I'd be confident saying we'd win.

Advertisement
I’ve been a fan for 34 years from ny...I live and die every fall Saturday. Maybe I haven’t experienced the **** up close like you...but ask my wife how much this means to me.

she took my daughter to sleep at her parents...

That's not the issue.

The issue is one solid year of bragging rights or being ripped on relentlessly. Thank god I had left South Florida by the time FSU had their streak. I would've murdered someone.

Macho, am I wrong, but are we out-leveraged on the flanks on certain plays. Because we seem to lose contain a lot for a team with athletic DEnds...

BTW, our backers are still slow. Get the young pups in!!

You’re the D coach, not me, but it seems we’ve been in this coverage several times... I’ve peeped back there a few times this week, and I think last week, and saw him. At least a few times. I don’t map out the plays. I don’t watch the formations that close. Am I wrong?
Nah you could be right, but I don't recall us playing actual Cover-1 man very much. Maybe another version of single-high Safety coverage.
I'll have to look further.

Advertisement
How tall are yous both?
I'm 6 ft 1 ..... @JBCanes-NC is 5 ft 8

Give me some anadrol 50 and I'll bench it more times than that baby blue juicer

0F4FB1E6-43A1-4C3A-B40A-AF0F2EDD4561.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back