Malik Rosier - 12/23 170yds 1INT 52%cmp, 5att 19yds 1TD
N'Kosi Perry - 3/6 20yds 2INT's
Travis Homer - 8att 95yds, 3rec 50yds
Deejay Dallas - 10att 24yds, 1rec 11yds
Lawrence Cager - 3rec 58yds
Brevin Jordan - 3rec 34yds
Choc Gray - 4att 8yds, 2rec 16yds
Dee Wiggins - 2rec 16yds

339yds total offense, 4/12 on 3rd down, 3 turnovers & lost the time of possession battle 28:04 to 31:56

SMFH I don't even know what to say...

This offense is just pedestrian, it's completely boom or bust. I said it after LSU but I wanted to give Richt one more chance after that game, but no more. WE NEED AN OC!!! We simply do not play to the level of our talent on Offense.

In today's era of college football, you can literally manufacture offensive productivity with scheme & pace, we do neither. We don't utilize our weapons & put them in the best position possible to exploit the weaknesses of opposing Defenses. We neutralize our own speed advantage on the outside by running nothing but 4 vert routes all day. Our route combinations are extremely simplistic, not enough quick slants, no sluggos, rarely ever shallow cross, quick outs, back shoulders & the fact we hardly ever give JT reverses is criminal.

This loss falls squarely on Richt for not having an Offensive game plan to deal with UVA. I give the players all the credit for fighting hard all game, they came close to bailing Richt out at the end. Perry made 2 very bad throws for INT's, Idk if pulling him that early was the right call or not, but he was not put in position to make easy throws to get him settled & in rhythm.

The fact is there were multiple passes of Malik's that should've been picked, there was at least 3 dropped INT's, it took us until late in the 4th quarter to get Brevin & Homer more integrated in the offense & we couldn't get our best offensive weapon the ball, JT only had 1 **** catch & every other throw to him was **** near a pick.

ONSIDE KICK BY RICHT HAS TO BE THE WORST ****** CALL HE'S MADE IN HIS TENURE HERE!!! WTF WAS THAT?!?!? DIDN'T HE LEARN HIS LESSON WHEN HE TRIED THAT SH*T LAST YEAR VS GTECH?!?!?

Our Defense had been dominant all game, we cut the lead down to 3 points with 3:10 left in the 4th with 3 timeouts, plus we had a 15yd penalty on the kickoff which would've guaranteed they start the drive deep in their own territory on the 25yd line & Richt makes the stupidest fckin call since Halfback pass in the Snow during a Blizzard in Texas in the Sun Bowl.

Put all the pressure on the Defense having to defend a short field & completely putting them at a disadvantage. AND THE DEFENSE STILL MADE THE STOP. It was really stupid of Tito to get that penalty but I don't blame that whole scenario on him, he shouldn't have even been put in that situation if Richt doesn't make that stupid ****** call. Smfh Good lord Richt WTF man???? You literally just kicked our fckin season away with that nonsense!!!

I've never once called Richt a Corch since he's been here, but that was pure CORCHING 101!

I give props to Homer for playing well, he was tough & had some really nice runs, it's a **** shame he plays for an OC that has no fckin clue how to use him when we need him the most.

Absolutely ****** pathetic by Richt.

Defense:
- Michael Pinckney 12tcks 2.5TFL's 1.5sacks
- Jaquan Johnson 12tcks Bandy 2INT's
- Shaquille Quarterman 8tcks 2.5TFL's 1sack
- Gerald Willis 8tcks 0.5TFL's
- Joe Jackson 7tcks 1.5TFL
- Zach McCloud 4tcks
- Jonathan Garvin 3tcks 1.5TFL's 1.5sacks
- Trajan Bandy 3tcks 2INT's
- Sheldrick Redwine 3tcks 1INT .05TFL's

Defense held UVA to just 92yds passing while forcing 3INT's, 9TFL's & 4 sacks, holding them to just 3/11 on 3rd down.

Defense was beyond stout, arguably their best performance along with UNC, Diaz deserves all the credit for keeping this game close. They were completely exhausted & worn down in the 3rd quarter & beginning of the 4th. 16 play drive & STILL kept them out of the End Zone. I spoke on it earlier, but that really stupid undisciplined penalty by Tito did not cost us this game, RICHT DID!

Bandy, Redwine & Pinckney, were all great this game, they absolutely played their hearts out & had this game ripped away from them, this sh*t is just plane sad man.

The players deserved to win this game, they did everything they were supposed to do, ALL THE GOT **** OFFENSE HAD TO DO WAS SCORE POINTS OFF THOSE TURNOVERS & WE WIN THIS GAME GOING AWAY.

I don't know if we're mathematically out of it for the Coastal, but I have zero faith even if we are still in it that we can pull it off & won't drop another game or 2 this season. This sh*t is a disgrace in all honesty & the worst part is there's really nothing that can be done about it because we prematurely gave Richt an extension smh.

I don't even know what else to expect the rest of the way, @ BC, Duke, @ GTech & @ Va Tech, none of these games are gimmes by any standard & now we don't know WTF we're doing with the QB situation. Unfckinbelievable smh smh.

It's not a question of did you learn your lesson on the offside kick. It is simple. You have 3 minutes on the clock and all 3 timeouts. You are down by 3 points and your defense has given up 79 yards in the second half. You have momentum and you need to make a stop. You play field position.

I'm not overly concerned about the contract extension because I've got no clue what the buyout is. I think Richt is more likely to resign. Alumnus or not, Miami is more unforgiving and much less patient than Georgia. Don't think he wants to go through this again and he is now on the clock. Even last Miami was getting somehow savaged about his playcalling on WQAM. This Monday he is going to get hammered deservingly so.

I do disagree with most. I think the administration and Board of Directors want to win. All you have to do is be at Hard Rock last Saturday or Virginia Tech or Notre Dame the year before. Big time football exposes the University and last year was the most applications and the largest freshmen class in school history.

Tito lost his head no doubt, it was one moment. As much as I hated it, it doesn't account for the other 59 minutes of that debacle

Tito

Same kid who picked up a flag and threw it at the referee at Illinois last year. The kid is obviously a hot head and not very bright or disciplined.

You only say that bc the kick was perfect. That is a 1 in 10 kick and Richt lucked out. The decision to onside was bad because 1) you have 3 timeouts left and 3 minutes left on the clock down by 3, 2) requires a great kick, 3) falls on a unit (STs) that is poorly coached, 4) if you lose the ball, the defense is on a short field and on their heels, 5) it’s deflating to lose an onside kick

FIFY

Advertisement
LCE I don't give a **** what the ******* situation is, unless Perry was injured, pulling him is the stupidest and *****yest decision Richt has made here. What the **** man. Straight idiotic to put that ******* bum back in the game. Idgaf what any of yall say, Rosier is ******* trash.

Jon Richt needs to be straight up fired and a QB coach with some ******* balls and play calling creativeness needs to be brought in. I like Thomas Brown, but what the **** is he getting paid extra money as a CoOC for? Dude needs to be a RB coach and nothing else. If he doesn't like that he can ******* leave and try to be an OC somewhere else. Then Hartley needs to be ******* taken off ST immediately. No ******* next year for that bs. This **** is retarded. I've never seen ******* worse STs at Miami. I like him as a recruiter and TE coach, but that dude needs to never go near ST again. In his place we need to fire Patke and hire someone who can coach ST AND LB or something else.

I love your use of **** while also continuously swearing, that was awesome to read lol

No ****, richt calls the plays, but its a collaborative effort of putting an entire offensive game plan together. Oh wait, they didn't teach you that when you played Thanksgiving day football with Uncle Goober and cousin Ray?
Bro Richt is the OC and you saying he isn’t is a joke, every oc in the country has a staff that works under him but that doesn’t mean he isn’t the oc. Make no mistake this is Richts offense, the implemented plays are of Richts design and the plays put into the game plan are by his decision. Do you think that Dugans comes up and says we need x play in the game plan and richt disagrees that the play gets added? Your crazy if you don’t think he is the one signing off on every single play that gets added. Then the plays that are getting called during the games are coming strait out of his mouth.

With this team. I can't look past the next game. It's a crap shoot on what will transpire week to week.

We never do what we "Suppose" to do. It's like a **** show/hold your breath moment EVERY play and I be like wowwwww you only see this **** when The U is playing. For example we get the stop at the end of the game and what do we do, get a ******* personal foul late push. Then we get another stop with a lil glimmer of hope and rough the kicker. And all this comes after a badly executed onside kick that almost gets housed where we have THREE timeouts and a defense that's been bailing us out the past two years. I can't make this **** up.

Advertisement
Tito lost his head no doubt, it was one moment. As much as I hated it, it doesn't account for the other 59 minutes of that debacle

Tito
Had Rick and his colostomy bag offense done anything in that game we wouldn’t have needed Tito to avoid being a brain dead selfish piece of garbage.

Man CMR should not have yanked Perry for Rosier period!!! Now the team has 2 weeks to stew in this lost with players knowing CMR is to blame! This doesn’t Bode well for the rest of the season! I guess DJ’s pep talk didn’t work on that sorry excuse of an Oline! I agree with the other poster on saying we should hire OC from the Big 12 we have the playmakers for it!

Even Nicky Saban changed up his offensive philosophy and look at the way they are just destroying teams! Then look at the 2 SEC schools in UGA and Aub they stink for lack of innovation! As much as it pains me to say this them **** Gators look good they just don’t have a QB!

Under no circumstance should Richt continue play calling duties I’d rather be let Diganta and Brown do it for the rest of the season!

If Perry needs to be treated with kid gloves, he shouldn't be out there.\

UVA was pressing the WRs. You couldn't run screens/slants vs that.

They dared Perry to throw intermediate/deep because they knew he couldnt
I think you're confusing Perry with Malik

Not to mention their DBs were playing 7-10 yards of the line pretty much the entire game. That is a strange way to dare any QB to throw a deep ball of the they think that they can’t. Rather it seems that they were trying to take away those throws and force the QB into bad decisions or at the least take the short game and force the offense to sustain drives. But hey...what do I know...I just have eyes :unsure::unsure::unsure:

IIRC he had play calling taken away from him at UGA by their administration because of how mediocre their offense was.

I doubt James & Frenk would ever force him to hire an OC & I completely doubt Richt would give up his play calling to someone else.

With that said, I hope something drastic happens to force the action, we need a dedicated X's & O's lab technician OC up in the booth to completely take over this Offense & get it out of Richt's hands until he retires, otherwise we can expect 2-3 L's like this every season of his tenure.

We need something cause I'm tired 9f seeing hand offs to the RB in shotgun for tfl

Advertisement
My only disagreement with OP and some other posters is Tito. Two wrongs dont make a right, for a 5th year senior to make such a stupid play is inexcusable.

every one is screaming to play kosi or williams. guys it doesn't matter who is the qb we ain't gonna produce on offense. i don't mind richt simple play calls but you MUST disguise it. Every play should look completely different. Every motion and shift must have a purpose. Defenses will be switching coverages and getting new alignments. You can't just line up and hike anymore. Most college teams are running simple sh*t after motioning and etc. Richt makes every def look good.

Advertisement
@Liberty City El it's selfish on Coach Richt's part to continue as the offensive coordinator and with his son as the QB coach with our lack of offensive production. Early in the season, I thought the problem was a combination of Rosier and his play calling, but over the past few games I've moved off of that entirely. Richt has to step down as OC or be replaced, and he has to entirely turnover the offense to someone who is much more innovative and can make adjustments based on what the defense is willing to give up.

No point in further rehashing what so many are already saying about the offense, but for those who think putting Jaren in will save us (and I think Jarren is the most talented QB we have), you are sadly mistaken. Let me repeat, no QB is going to be successful with an OC who is as predictable and unimaginative as Mark Richt. He makes playing QB much more difficult than it should be by the predictable system he runs, the unimaginative way he calls plays, and his unwillingness to attack the weaknesses of defenses. Instead, he does the opposite by playing to the strength of opposing defenses.

But alas we are stuck for several reasons. One of those reasons is his son. His son's one professional qualification for being here is that he knows his father's offense, all else is nepotism. A new OC from outside of the current staff would likely want to bring in his own QB coach, which is part of the reason why we are stuck as we are - putzing along on offense against historically bad ACC opponents and squandering a very good defense this season and for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
@Liberty City El it's selfish on Coach Richt's part to continue as the offensive coordinator and with his son as the QB coach with our lack of offensive production. Early in the season, I thought the problem was a combination of Rosier and his play calling, but over the past few games I've moved off of that entirely. Richt has to step down as OC or be replaced, and he has to entirely turnover the offense to someone who is much more innovative and can make adjustments based on what the defense is willing to give up.

No point in further rehashing what so many are already saying about the offense, but for those who think putting Jaren in will save us (and I think Jarren is the most talented QB we have), you are sadly mistaken. Let me repeat, no QB is going to be successful with an OC who is as predictable and unimaginative as Mark Richt. He makes playing QB much more difficult that it should be by the predictable system he runs, the unimaginative way he calls plays, and his unwillingness to attack the weaknesses of defenses. Instead, he does the opposite by playing to the strength of the defense.

But alas we are stuck for several reasons. One of those reasons is his son. His son's one professional qualification for being here is that he knows his father's offense, all else is nepotism. A new OC from outside of the current staff would likely want to bring in his own QB coach, which is part of the reason why we will are stuck as we are - putzing along on offense against historically bad ACC opponents and squandering a very good defense this season and for the foreseeable future.

No point in further rehashing what so many are already saying about the offense, but for those who think putting Jaren in will save us (and I think Jarren is the most talented QB we have), you are sadly mistaken. Let me repeat, no QB is going to be successful with an OC who is as predictable and unimaginative as Mark Richt. He makes playing QB much more difficult that it should be by the predictable system he runs, the unimaginative way he calls plays, and his unwillingness to attack the weaknesses of defenses. Instead, he does the opposite by playing to the strength of the defense.

But alas we are stuck for several reasons. One of those reasons is his son. His son's one professional qualification for being here is that he knows his father's offense, all else is nepotism. A new OC from outside of the current staff would likely want to bring in his own QB coach, which is part of the reason why we will are stuck as we are - putzing along on offense against historically bad ACC opponents and squandering a very good defense this season and for the foreseeable future.

great post, dont disagree with a single word

Great post OP. Richt was so concerned about time left when he chose to kick the onside kick, but took his time calling the plays in the drive before. We easily could of had 4 minutes left in the game.

Yeah, we're stuck with Fredo Richt as our QB 'corch'(which means we'll have QBs who are well conditioned - as he has them do more gassers and fumble recovery drills than actual passing drills)

Advertisement
Back