My Post game recap

Richt isn't the offensive coordinator. How stupid are you, you ******* moron. Thomas Brown is the OC. Get rid of Thomas Brown, is what you mean.
Shut your stupid *** up & GTFO of my thread with that Super fan bullsh*t.

Richt calls the plays, he's solely responsible for the Offense, Coach Brown has no say in play calling or game strategy.

I'm not going back & forth with you either, just don't say sh*t else to me about it, it's clear you're a Corch worshipper.

Advertisement
Shut your stupid *** up & GTFO of my thread with that Super fan bullsh*t.

Richt calls the plays, he's solely responsible for the Offense, Coach Brown has no say in play calling or game strategy.

I'm not going back & forth with you either, just don't say sh*t else to me about it, it's clear you're a Corch worshipper.
He's been band. So he won't ruin it any further.

I remember hearing a stat that Jeff Thomas only had like 18 catches all year. We do nothing to get our good players involved we just toss whoever is out there and call a play.

Richt needs to humble himself and understand he isn't a good play caller anymore. Also, he needs to fire Searels and demote his son and use that money to get a big 12 OC or something. They are easily the most useless coaches we have.

I don't want someone from the SEC or someone Richt use to work with. I want a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SCHEME AND PHILOSOPHY OFFENSIVELY in the building. I don't want someone who is going to come in and run Richt's system or playbook. I want someone who is going to run THEIR offensive system not Richt's. Richt's system is out dated. It like a windows 95 computer and no matter how much you try it CAN NOT produce or do the things modern computers can do. It just ain't going to happen because all of the core parts in that system aren't used anymore because they have been replaced with more faster and efficient parts .

Last edited:
Advertisement
Onside kick was the right call. Not teaching the team how to run it is on Richt, especially after GT last year.
Right call? You have 3 minutes and 3 time outs and a dominant D.
You pin them deep and put the pressure on thier for crap O.

You can't expect a young QB making his 1st start on the road to be successful. If you don't scheme too help him. Perry needed plays to get the ball out of his hands fast.

He needed all those screens that 12 got along with some quick slants. Richt set him up to fail and yanked the rug out from under him.

If Perry needs to be treated with kid gloves, he shouldn't be out there.\

UVA was pressing the WRs. You couldn't run screens/slants vs that.

They dared Perry to throw intermediate/deep because they knew he couldnt

Advertisement
If Perry needs to be treated with kid gloves, he shouldn't be out there.\

UVA was pressing the WRs. You couldn't run screens/slants vs that.

They dared Perry to throw intermediate/deep because they knew he couldnt
How did Rosier do doing the same thing?

Onside kick was the right call. Not teaching the team how to run it is on Richt, especially after GT last year.

No it was not. It's a 50/50 chance you get the ball and best case scenario if not recovered is they get the ball at the 35-38 yard line, worst case they run the f*ucker back like they almost did. Our special teams have been abysmal all year what makes you think we are capable of an onside kick.

The smart play is to squib and cover and you should be able to keep them inside the 25. Or Kick it out of the end zone and yea guarantee they are at the 25 and your defense takes the field with 3 timeouts. Absolutely not the right call at all. Its not like there was a minute left. It was almost 3 mins left.

Okay, I don't know much about college football, I admit it. But, if Thomas Brown is the "offensive coordinator", what exactly is his role? Is he just titled that so he can make more money??

Advertisement
Offense:

Malik Rosier - 12/23 170yds 1INT 52%cmp, 5att 19yds 1TD
N'Kosi Perry - 3/6 20yds 2INT's
Travis Homer - 8att 95yds, 3rec 50yds
Deejay Dallas - 10att 24yds, 1rec 11yds
Lawrence Cager - 3rec 58yds
Brevin Jordan - 3rec 34yds
Choc Gray - 4att 8yds, 2rec 16yds
Dee Wiggins - 2rec 16yds

339yds total offense, 4/12 on 3rd down, 3 turnovers & lost the time of possession battle 28:04 to 31:56

SMFH I don't even know what to say...

This offense is just pedestrian, it's completely boom or bust. I said it after LSU but I wanted to give Richt one more chance after that game, but no more. WE NEED AN OC!!! We simply do not play to the level of our talent on Offense.

In today's era of college football, you can literally manufacture offensive productivity with scheme & pace, we do neither. We don't utilize our weapons & put them in the best position possible to exploit the weaknesses of opposing Defenses. We neutralize our own speed advantage on the outside by running nothing but 4 vert routes all day. Our route combinations are extremely simplistic, not enough quick slants, no sluggos, rarely ever shallow cross, quick outs, back shoulders & the fact we hardly ever give JT reverses is criminal.

This loss falls squarely on Richt for not having an Offensive game plan to deal with UVA. I give the players all the credit for fighting hard all game, they came close to bailing Richt out at the end. Perry made 2 very bad throws for INT's, Idk if pulling him that early was the right call or not, but he was not put in position to make easy throws to get him settled & in rhythm.

The fact is there were multiple passes of Malik's that should've been picked, there was at least 3 dropped INT's, it took us until late in the 4th quarter to get Brevin & Homer more integrated in the offense & we couldn't get our best offensive weapon the ball, JT only had 1 **** catch & every other throw to him was **** near a pick.

ONSIDE KICK BY RICHT HAS TO BE THE WORST ****** CALL HE'S MADE IN HIS TENURE HERE!!! WTF WAS THAT?!?!? DIDN'T HE LEARN HIS LESSON WHEN HE TRIED THAT SH*T LAST YEAR VS GTECH?!?!?

Our Defense had been dominant all game, we cut the lead down to 3 points with 3:10 left in the 4th with 3 timeouts, plus we had a 15yd penalty on the kickoff which would've guaranteed they start the drive deep in their own territory on the 25yd line & Richt makes the stupidest fckin call since Halfback pass in the Snow during a Blizzard in Texas in the Sun Bowl.

Put all the pressure on the Defense having to defend a short field & completely putting them at a disadvantage. AND THE DEFENSE STILL MADE THE STOP. It was really stupid of Tito to get that penalty but I don't blame that whole scenario on him, he shouldn't have even been put in that situation if Richt doesn't make that stupid ****** call. Smfh Good lord Richt WTF man???? You literally just kicked our fckin season away with that nonsense!!!

I've never once called Richt a Corch since he's been here, but that was pure CORCHING 101!

I give props to Homer for playing well, he was tough & had some really nice runs, it's a **** shame he plays for an OC that has no fckin clue how to use him when we need him the most.

Absolutely ****** pathetic by Richt.

Defense:
- Michael Pinckney 12tcks 2.5TFL's 1.5sacks
- Jaquan Johnson 12tcks Bandy 2INT's
- Shaquille Quarterman 8tcks 2.5TFL's 1sack
- Gerald Willis 8tcks 0.5TFL's
- Joe Jackson 7tcks 1.5TFL
- Zach McCloud 4tcks
- Jonathan Garvin 3tcks 1.5TFL's 1.5sacks
- Trajan Bandy 3tcks 2INT's
- Sheldrick Redwine 3tcks 1INT .05TFL's

Defense held UVA to just 92yds passing while forcing 3INT's, 9TFL's & 4 sacks, holding them to just 3/11 on 3rd down.

Defense was beyond stout, arguably their best performance along with UNC, Diaz deserves all the credit for keeping this game close. They were completely exhausted & worn down in the 3rd quarter & beginning of the 4th. 16 play drive & STILL kept them out of the End Zone. I spoke on it earlier, but that really stupid undisciplined penalty by Tito did not cost us this game, RICHT DID!

Bandy, Redwine & Pinckney, were all great this game, they absolutely played their hearts out & had this game ripped away from them, this sh*t is just plane sad man.

The players deserved to win this game, they did everything they were supposed to do, ALL THE GOT **** OFFENSE HAD TO DO WAS SCORE POINTS OFF THOSE TURNOVERS & WE WIN THIS GAME GOING AWAY.

I don't know if we're mathematically out of it for the Coastal, but I have zero faith even if we are still in it that we can pull it off & won't drop another game or 2 this season. This sh*t is a disgrace in all honesty & the worst part is there's really nothing that can be done about it because we prematurely gave Richt an extension smh.

I don't even know what else to expect the rest of the way, @ BC, Duke, @ GTech & @ Va Tech, none of these games are gimmes by any standard & now we don't know WTF we're doing with the QB situation. Unfckinbelievable smh smh.
You absolutely nailed it buddy!! Hes costing a lot of these young men some money!! Highschool kids are gonna see this **** show and go elsewhere!! Once again great post!!

Advertisement
LCE I don't give a **** what the ******* situation is, unless Perry was injured, pulling him is the stupidest and *****yest decision Richt has made here. What the **** man. Straight idiotic to put that ******* bum back in the game. Idgaf what any of yall say, Rosier is ******* trash.

Jon Richt needs to be straight up fired and a QB coach with some ******* balls and play calling creativeness needs to be brought in. I like Thomas Brown, but what the **** is he getting paid extra money as a CoOC for? Dude needs to be a RB coach and nothing else. If he doesn't like that he can ******* leave and try to be an OC somewhere else. Then Hartley needs to be ******* taken off ST immediately. No ******* next year for that bs. This **** is retarded. I've never seen ******* worse STs at Miami. I like him as a recruiter and TE coach, but that dude needs to never go near ST again. In his place we need to fire Patke and hire someone who can coach ST AND LB or something else.

@Liberty City El everything you say is true, this was a miserable performance, but we know for certain that Richt is going to be the HC here for a long time.

The offensive side of the ball needs a complete overhaul, he has to see that, but the question is, does he believe he's the guy to do it? It's time for him to work that Rolodex of all the guys who supposedly wanted to work for him and get a dedicated OC with play-calling experience.

The mere fact that he wanted to call plays again as a condition of taking the job means this remains a pipe dream.

Advertisement
Back