My Post game recap

Advertisement
Naw OP you not gonna let Perry off the hook that easy
How is a red shirt freshman qb with richt training wheels on the hook?? Richtdidnt let him do **** against UNC! Did well overall against FSU, then gets pulled after 2 deep picks for Rosier!! Anyone who knows anything knows **** well Richt has the roll with Perry the rest of year unless injured!!

LCE I don't give a **** what the ******* situation is, unless Perry was injured, pulling him is the stupidest and *****yest decision Richt has made here. What the **** man. Straight idiotic to put that ******* bum back in the game. Idgaf what any of yall say, Rosier is ******* trash.

Jon Richt needs to be straight up fired and a QB coach with some ******* balls and play calling creativeness needs to be brought in. I like Thomas Brown, but what the **** is he getting paid extra money as a CoOC for? Dude needs to be a RB coach and nothing else. If he doesn't like that he can ******* leave and try to be an OC somewhere else. Then Hartley needs to be ******* taken off ST immediately. No ******* next year for that bs. This **** is retarded. I've never seen ******* worse STs at Miami. I like him as a recruiter and TE coach, but that dude needs to never go near ST again. In his place we need to fire Patke and hire someone who can coach ST AND LB or something else.
Straight up you’ve been saying this during spring

Advertisement
After running the football over 40 times per game in the last four games, Mark Richt remembered he was Mark Richt and stopped running the football. Compounded his failures with doubling down on Malik Rosier the second NKosi Perry finally looked like a freshman.

Mark Richt was at his worst today. Beyond his own faults as a playcaller, his team was undisciplined and unprepared. It really was an embarrassing loss.

@Liberty City El everything you say is true, this was a miserable performance, but we know for certain that Richt is going to be the HC here for a long time.

The offensive side of the ball needs a complete overhaul, he has to see that, but the question is, does he believe he's the guy to do it? It's time for him to work that Rolodex of all the guys who supposedly wanted to work for him and get a dedicated OC with play-calling experience.

The mere fact that he wanted to call plays again as a condition of taking the job means this remains a pipe dream.
IIRC he had play calling taken away from him at UGA by their administration because of how mediocre their offense was.

I doubt James & Frenk would ever force him to hire an OC & I completely doubt Richt would give up his play calling to someone else.

With that said, I hope something drastic happens to force the action, we need a dedicated X's & O's lab technician OC up in the booth to completely take over this Offense & get it out of Richt's hands until he retires, otherwise we can expect 2-3 L's like this every season of his tenure.

According to football reference win probability calculator ...
4th Quarter, 3:04 remaining, leading by 3, ball at team 15, 1st down & 10 to go ... UVA 85.23 win probability

4th Quarter, 3:04 remaining, leading by 3, ball at team 25, 1st down & 10 to go ... UVA 87.14 win probability

4th Quarter, 3:04 remaining, leading by 3, ball at team 40, 1st down & 10 to go ... UVA 89.86 win probability

4th Quarter, 3:04 remaining, leading by 3, ball at opp 27, 1st down & 10 to go ... UVA 93.94 win probability (what really happened)

4th Quarter, 3:04 remaining, trailing by 3, ball at opp 40, 1st down & 10 to go ... MIA 54.38% win probability

Advertisement
Save GT and perhaps UNC, I would take any other coastal conference coaching staff over ours. We landed a dud and he’s not going anywhere anytime soon. It sucks because this **** is going to be agonizing to witness over the next few years.

IIRC he had play calling taken away from him at UGA by their administration because of how mediocre their offense was.

I doubt James & Frenk would ever force him to hire an OC & I completely doubt Richt would give up his play calling to someone else.

With that said, I hope something drastic happens to force the action, we need a dedicated X's & O's lab technician OC up in the booth to completely take over this Offense & get it out of Richt's hands until he retires, otherwise we can expect 2-3 L's like this every season of his tenure.
What if the fan base *****ed enough? Do you think that would force Richt's hand?

Advertisement

It's just so difficult to understand what's happening. You have defenses who are 100% in tune to what's coming, daring you to try something different and you play right into their hands.

How many times in a row are we running that FB dive on 4th and 1? Where was the PA off that when they showed you on the prior attempt they are going to slant into that play and completely disregard the fact you have eligible receivers on the field?

When DBs are bailing out against your constant vertical routes, where are the shallow crosses?

It's completely broken.

It was terrible play calling especially the 4 down dive plays. But he called a Different game when rosier came in rather than perry. He opened it more and made it less predictable. When perry was in the first few drives it was run on 1st, run 2nd and throw on 3rd and everyone knows it was coming

Advertisement
You can't expect a young QB making his 1st start on the road to be successful. If you don't scheme too help him. Perry needed plays to get the ball out of his hands fast.

He needed all those screens that 12 got along with some quick slants. Richt set him up to fail and yanked the rug out from under him.

I agree wit you completely; even if Perry made bad mistakes you have to play the long game, hes our starer going forward, you cant pull him when the going gets tough. Richt has to get him in rythym . Let Perry figure it out in his first road start. Aside from that we also know that his ceiling is way higher than malik's. He should've stayed in

Agree with everything you're saying bro.

In my recap after the LSU debacle I said we need an OC, a ST's coach & QB coach, I thought I might've overreacted because it was right after the loss, but here were are... Exact same sh*t, OC, QB & ST.

And I was never on board with hiring Patke, back when every other team was hiring their 10th coach most programs actually used it to upgrade their on the field play with experienced coaches who had been elsewhere really none of them elevated GA staff from within. ****, even Bama went & hired a guy who had coached for Southern Miss & UTEP on their staff.

That was a complete missed opportunity by Richt to upgrade the staff with someone who has legit experience & can bring their own wisdom to the practice field & meeting rooms.

El … you speak truth. With the exception of Dugans at WR, Harley at TE's, this offensive coaching staff is weak.

My old head coach at Yale was once asked, what was his strategy for putting together a staff, and his answer was perfect:

"I make sure every coach I hire is a better coach than I am"

can we say the same here?

Advertisement
Back