My Post Game Recap

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium
image.jpg

Boom!

First let me start off by saying **** of a game for our Canes, they never gave up, stayed resilient & did what they had to do.

On Offense: 337yds Total on 73 plays, 7/17 on 3rd Down & only 83yds rushing
- Rosier was 19/44 245yds 3TD's 1INT with 14 carries for 29yds rushing.
- Berrios 8rec 90yds 2TD's & a huge PR that gave us great field position for the first TD of the game.
He was the MVP of this game, the hands down best player on the field for both teams & just absolutely refused to lose. He could not be covered by any of their High ranking 4/5-star DB's. His best performance ever as a Hurricane.
- Ahmmon Richards 4rec 68yds & had a huge 3rd & 20 catch.
- Chris Herndon 3rec 55yds with some clutch plays down the stretch.

1st half was terrible for the Offense, Rosier was rattled early on overthrowing guys left & right, Cager played like ****, Ahmmon had a bad drop & the OL couldn't block for ****. I don't so much blame it all on playcalling, but Richt wasn't too spectacular either.

2nd half was better, we still struggled moving the ball in certain spots, but we went more uptempo & Berrios just went the **** off! Couldn't run the ball at all, but OL stepped up and got some solid protection in the 3rd/4th quarter. (Hope Donaldson is healthy). But Gaynor stepped up huge in his absence.

That was a phenomenal final drive by Richt, the two run calls with Homer were excellent because their Defense didn't expect it at all.

Berrios made a great play getting us in the Red Zone with his catch & 1st down & Langham made the catch of his career!

image.jpg

On Defense: Gave up 406yds total on 71 plays, 203yds rushing, had 4sacks & 9TFL's.

- Jaquan Johnson 12tcks
- Shaquille Quarterman 6tcks
- Dee Delaney 6tcks 1INT
- Michael Pinckney 5tcks .05TFL
- Malek Young 5tcks .05TFL
- Demetrius Jackson 4tcks 1sack 2TFL's
- Trent Harris 4tcks 1sack 2TFL's
- Joe Jackson 4tcks 1sack 1TFL
- Chad Thomas 3tcks 1TFL
- Kendrick Norton 1sack 1TFL

Defense played great for the first 3 quarters, Defensive Line was getting after Blackman & our Secondary was holding up well. Delaney played a great game and has been a lot more physical since Toledo.

Our Run Defense was horrendous! Idk what the **** is wrong with our Tackling, but waaaay too many runs by Patrick & Akers where if our guys stick & wrap up, wouldn't have gone for big gains.

Idk WTF Diaz is teaching in practice, but we need a ****** Tackling seminar, too many times this season our guys have had **** poor Tackling & guess what... We got GTech coming, better tighten that **** up pronto!

McCloud has not played well all year, he was the guy everyone said was going to be the best LB out of the trio but hasn't taken that next step yet. Took a **** ton of bad angles & couldn't tackle a Pop warner RB, he missed so many Tackles this game, he needs to step it up.

Aside from the awful Run Defense, the DLine played a great game, Chad, JJack, DJack, Norton & the boys were routinely held all game and were still disruptive. Got some nice batted balls at the LOS, and had Blackman looking like a scared Gazelle in the 1st half.

The Secondary was up & down, played good early on & tailed off late. Mike Jack had a bad penalty but redeemed himself with the INT. Get. Knowles. The. ****. Outta. Here. Now!!! Basically gave up the game winning TD because he ran completely out of the play, I don't put that last TD on Delaney, that was 100% on Knowles, he blew the assignment.

Overall, we need to really reexamine what we're doing week to week Tackling, that **** is killing us in the run game. Our Safety play is suspect & hopefully Red gets back healthy because we need him. Get. Knowles. The. ****. Outta. Here. Seriously!

Wasn't a perfect a win by any means, but we handled our business and did what we needed to do, we finally beat them **** Noles! Do we need to tweak playcalling? Yes. Do we need to sure up the Defense? **** yes. But did we win? ***** yeah!

Congrats to Coach Richt & staff for breaking the streak!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Solid.

Only thing I would add by way of observation is it felt like our ends were too aggressive crashing in on run plays and not maintaining the edge. Thus, giving wide open lanes for Patrick/Akers all day.

That “thud” in practice is rearing it’s ugly head in the games. can’t do that if we are going to miss all of these **** tackles

That “thud” in practice is rearing it’s ugly head in the games. can’t do that if we are going to miss all of these **** tackles
I said the same thing after Toledo & hoped we would've fixed that by now.

Those missed Tackles are literally killing us. If we wrapped up, neither Patrick or Akers would've had a big game.

Advertisement
Solid.

Only thing I would add by way of observation is it felt like our ends were too aggressive crashing in on run plays and not maintaining the edge. Thus, giving wide open lanes for Patrick/Akers all day.

Its ok if you crash down inside all the time, but you need to then have someone waiting outside. "Gap exchange" or "spilling".

Problem is Diaz is so **** blitz happy theres nobody to spill the ball to. Diaz defense is aggressive but wildly unsound in many areas. I think blitz first teams develop bad habits. We dont look fundamentally sound outside of our DL play.

Diaz needs to give the db's a taxi to makeup for the 20 yards they're off when blitzing. His zone blitzes are awful, they're late , too far back and make reads so easy. This is a reason why we're so awful on third downs.

Dude thinks he's Jim Johnson / **** Lebeau, but hes more of a **** Johnson

We need to replace Darling with Gaynor. Also, Knowles gave up BOTH TDs. Wasn't Delany's fault at all like you said EL. Right needs to go up tempo from the start of the game. Seems like that is when we get rolling. And I don't mind having the pass set up the run...seems like CMR just wants to pound the rock to set up the pass, but our team this year isn't built for that. I also don't know why it took CMR and the staff so long to get Homer in the game?!? Walton is a stud, but he wasn't right out there. Lastly, Cager is not right out there either...his knee isn't completely healed yet...why not go with Langham earlier in the game?!?

I love CMR who tried to throw some screens and quick passes, but HOMER sure could have did just as good in the first half over an injured Walton. Great way Rosier called his own number in a few occasions.

Advertisement
Hot/Cold Malik was back again lol.

He was freezing cold in the 1st half, heated up in the 3rd quarter, then threw a pick & cooled right down, then was scorching hot on the final drive lol.

Would have like to see Richt move the pocket for him when he was struggling, get him out on the run instead of just sitting back there while the OL is getting Jail Blitzed.

I did like some of the runs called to keep the Defense off balance, FSU's Defense can't stop running QB's we should've used it much earlier to open things up. But, I'm glad the Offense made the proper adjustments.

We seemed to be really confident on the final drive, nobody panicked or looked overwhelmed, it seemed like we knew it would come down to this.

Could barely move the ball all game, but with 1:25 left on the clock & we drove right up the field with pure ease lol.

We need to replace Darling with Gaynor. Also, Knowles gave up BOTH TDs. Wasn't Delany's fault at all like you said EL. Right needs to go up tempo from the start of the game. Seems like that is when we get rolling. And I don't mind having the pass set up the run...seems like CMR just wants to pound the rock to set up the pass, but our team this year isn't built for that. I also don't know why it took CMR and the staff so long to get Homer in the game?!? Walton is a stud, but he wasn't right out there. Lastly, Cager is not right out there either...his knee isn't completely healed yet...why not go with Langham earlier in the game?!?
You're right he did give up both TD's.

The pass to Izzo was on him too, but I wished Shaq would Covered him as well even though that wasn't the call.

Hot/Cold Malik was back again lol.

He was freezing cold in the 1st half, heated up in the 3rd quarter, then threw a pick & cooled right down, then was scorching hot on the final drive lol.

Would have like to see Richt move the pocket for him when he was struggling, get him out on the run instead of just sitting back there while the OL is getting Jail Blitzed.

I did like some of the runs called to keep the Defense off balance, FSU's Defense can't stop running QB's we should've used it much earlier to open things up. But, I'm glad the Offense made the proper adjustments.

We seemed to be really confident on the final drive, nobody panicked or looked overwhelmed, it seemed like we knew it would come down to this.

Could barely move the ball all game, but with 1:25 left on the clock & we drove right up the field with pure ease lol.

I actually said in the game thread the only positive e was he's due for a big second half. Since he's Jeckyl Hyde so much

The refs missed some calls against FSU too. In the first half, one of the fsu online was clearly holding one of miami's dlineman.

Advertisement
Hey Liberty what I told u about knowles 3 years ago?!!! His own coach at Edison told me he wasn't Miami caliber and I was an AP there... Mccloid and Jaquan Johnson omg missed many tackles... mccloid dam near cost us the game.... might need to look at D Owens
IMG_2286.jpg coming back from the game!! One of best feelings I've had in a while!! This pic is for [MENTION=7203]OriginalCanesCanesCanes[/MENTION]

Can I get a break for a week?

Last edited:
Ok. I don't care how we won this game in particular. My critiques are only for the next game. We were constantly jumping out of our gaps on our run plays, which was stupid af. Many players did it, including Shaq and Pinck. And tackling was bad like OP mentioned.

As for the O, I blame it on Richt, sorry this shotgun offense with no motion is not going to work too many times. It's pathetic and we need to run from different formations. Our **** is way too easy to defend. I gave him the benefit of the doubt last season, No I seen enough. No creativity. He needs to make Brown call the plays. More plays from Ace back n
And I.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Cager needs to be low man on the totem ball. The guy finds a reason not to make plays. Same old story with him.

Sure it is great summary, Liberty, but I just finished the last of my 1L private barrel bourbon I saved for this win. I will read it closer tomorrow. Tonight is just for smiling and feeling warm all over. I'm having a little trouble typing mow but I got tired of calling all the noles I know to rub it in and I wanted to join my friends at CIS. This win feels like some of the old goodies. The two teams might not be the two best in the nation like the old days, but the game felt like those. It may be the booze talking but **** I feel good. Can you hear it coming in the air tonight!!!!!!!

Advertisement
Back