My Post Game Recap - Va Tech

Thanks Lance!

You'll definitely give a more detailed & intricate play by play when you put yours together, I just typically give a brief synopsis & overview of what I remember from right after the game.

I look forward to your breakdown of the LB play, they still made a lot of mistakes but I feel in the 3rd & 4th quarter they played a whole lot better than they usually do.

I thought Brooks was actually solid in coverage.
You two as a stand off is like Omar and Brother Mouzone(not saying this is a stand off)... @Lance Roffers might not get the reference, I seen your picture.....😉

thank you both for all you contribute here...sincere thanks.

Advertisement
The glaring OL issue is the problem. Vtech could run when they needed with a half *** QB. The UM secondary left guys wide open. Our WRs had to work. Why? Is it routes? King throws it late still.

My feeling is start playing Rivers now once
Covid is done. He’s the most talented OL.
The frosh WRs need more burn. Why wasn’t Redding and Smith getting shots?

Let’s face reality. Pope isn’t a natural WR. He barely held onto the pigskin on his TD. It was lucky. He’s due that because he’s been unlucky. It still doesn’t mean he’s coming into his own. He is what he is. A fast guy that can run but isn’t a true football player. Everything he does is akward.

Brooks is complete trash. He was lost out there. It’s like he smoked a spilff the size of Allen Bailey’s thigh Straight from Negril before he played tonight. I admit I was way wrong saying he’s a breakout guy this season.

The positives are Nesta, Couch, and Phillips. Those boys play every down like it’s their last. Heart and talent wins games. We need more of these guys. Gil is almost there but needs to stop the dancing until he starts making TDs.

There’s nobody who’s dominant on offense. Nobody is elite. The only guy I see with that potential is Chaney. He needs more snaps.

is this conjecture or do we know for sure?
You could tell! He had that play sheet
He had a bad missed tackle in the open field vs Jalen Holston on 3rd down in the 4th quarter iirc.

Good for him not getting thrown out though lol but he's just not played well enough, but I love him, his family & my Dad's side of the family in Riveria Beach are very close. He's really a good dude off the field, he just struggled playing Safety here.

Although, I will say the staff has been using him more at Backer on 3rd downs & sending him on Blitzes, which is actually what he's best at. He should've been converted to LB last year.
That was an awful miss and he took a terrible angle on the Hooker run in the 4th quarter. Agreed he should have been converted to LB but two years ago.

On 4th & 2 a fake FG is a dumb call, why? Because you have D'Eriq King at QB.

- You go for it & run a Zone Read with a pitch option
- You coulda ran a TE quick out with Brevin or run the same PA TE slip out we ran to get a first down in the red zone with Mallory on the first TD drive.
- Run a quick slant with Pope, or Harley, or even Payton
- Go 4-wide & slip Knighton out of the backfield for a quick HB out of the flats play
- Empty backfield 5-wide & run Harley on quick curl or hook route
- Could've even handed if off to Chaney on a HB Power
- Bubble Screen to Wiggins or Pope

There's several more options, but running a fake FG with a Kicker who's not fast, not used to running & didn't have any Blockers to far side of the hashes was just not a high probability play.

Again, we're talking about 4th & 2, we've had several 4th down plays earlier in the year where King & company converted it, you don't take the ball out of King's hands on a 4th & short & entrust to a Kicker who literally never runs that play lol.
I don't disagree that if you are gonna go for it, then go for it. I am simply saying it was a good spot for a fake fg.

Advertisement
At worst he gets moved to LB coach? I won't even get into what a terrible job Beeker has done with the LBs but I'll take that deal.
Our LBs are Bradley Jennings, Zach McCloud and Steed.... Brooks and Flagg can play but they are still very green and young. Coaching doesn't have much to do with the LB struggles. Honestly this is the least talented LB unit we have had at Miami in as long as I can remember

Our LBs are Bradley Jennings, Zach McCloud and Steed.... Brooks and Flagg can play but they are still very green and young. Coaching doesn't have much to do with the LB struggles. Honestly this is the least talented LB unit we have had at Miami in as long as I can remember
I absolutely agree with the point about this LB group lacking talent. However LB play has never been this staff's strong suit. Shaq and Pink were here 4 years and never got any better.

And another thing....Seeing how this veteran group of LBs McCloud, Jennings, and Steed are the worst LB group we have had at Miami in 25 years I don't understand how Avery Huff and/or Tirek Austin Cave don't even get a look. Makes no sense. It's not like our system is complicated.

Last edited:
The best thing about this game, perhaps even better than the win, is Manny called a better defensive game with the same personnel -- actually diminished by Covid -- than Baker. He now has undeniable proof that is coaching, not just talent. And he has to know that he has the wrong DC and needs to replace him. ... Don't even worry about Patke and Rumph. Get the right DC and he'll figure it out.

As far as the playmakers of the game-- Couch!, Phillips, Gil and Silvera on the defense, King, Pope, Mallory and Wiggins, with Cam as honorable mention. I also loved Chaney's rushes in the 4th, which opened up the passing game when we most needed it.

You two as a stand off is like Omar and Brother Mouzone(not saying this is a stand off)... @Lance Roffers might not get the reference, I seen your picture.....😉

thank you both for all you contribute here...sincere thanks.
tumblr_niqnuiFXFm1sr2dx2o1_250.gif

Advertisement
The best thing about this game, perhaps even better than the win, is Manny called a better defensive game with the same personnel -- actually diminished by Covid -- than Baker. He now has undeniable proof that is coaching, not just talent. And he has to know that he has the wrong DC and needs to replace him. ... Don't even worry about Patke and Rumph. Get the right DC and he'll figure it out.

As far as the playmakers of the game-- Couch!, Phillips, Gil and Silvera on the defense, King, Pope, Mallory and Wiggins, with Cam as honorable mention. I also loved Chaney's rushes in the 4th, which opened up the passing game when we most needed it.
I guess I could have just hit the like button but you managed to sum it all up in 2 paragraphs. Well done!

I absolutely agree with the point about this LB group lacking talent. However LB play has never been this staff's strong suit. Shaq and Pink were here 4 years and never got any better.

And another thing....Seeing how this veteran group of LBs McCloud, Jennings, and Steed are the worst LB group we have had at Miami in 25 years I don't understand how Avery Huff and/or Tirek Austin Cave don't even get a look. Makes no sense. It's not like our system is complicated.
I don't think they understand the playbook enough

The glaring OL issue is the problem. Vtech could run when they needed with a half *** QB. The UM secondary left guys wide open. Our WRs had to work. Why? Is it routes? King throws it late still.

My feeling is start playing Rivers now once
Covid is done. He’s the most talented OL.
The frosh WRs need more burn. Why wasn’t Redding and Smith getting shots?

Let’s face reality. Pope isn’t a natural WR. He barely held onto the pigskin on his TD. It was lucky. He’s due that because he’s been unlucky. It still doesn’t mean he’s coming into his own. He is what he is. A fast guy that can run but isn’t a true football player. Everything he does is akward.

Brooks is complete trash. He was lost out there. It’s like he smoked a spilff the size of Allen Bailey’s thigh Straight from Negril before he played tonight. I admit I was way wrong saying he’s a breakout guy this season.

The positives are Nesta, Couch, and Phillips. Those boys play every down like it’s their last. Heart and talent wins games. We need more of these guys. Gil is almost there but needs to stop the dancing until he starts making TDs.

There’s nobody who’s dominant on offense. Nobody is elite. The only guy I see with that potential is Chaney. He needs more snaps.
I understand but Brooks is not complete trash. The kid had been playing hurt most of the year. I believe he will improve significantly from now to the beginning of next season.

Advertisement
It's good to be 7-1 and still have so much room to grow. But we really need a blowout win and GT provides that opportunity.

LCE is spot on that without King we are under .500. The whole receiving corr has looked better the last three games. They still have awful drops but are starting to make plays. The offensive line is very up and down. Let's see how they look when all the guys that are out get back. As for running back give me 2, 4, then 23 in that order. When Cam hits the hole hard he gets good gains but he's dancing to much and trying to always hit the big play instead of taking what he can get.

For as weak as the offensive line has been the defensive line has been the exact opposite. Phillips and Nesta played great today. Roche has his moments but makes some bad mistakes as well. Linebacker needs a talent infusion soooo bad. The secondary has slipped this year other than the ascension of Couch. I don't know what happened but guys that have showed talent in the past are playing awful.

If Manny does indeed make a DC switch (which he should) then Rumph, Banda, and Patke need to go as well. The back seven on defense outside of Couch and Frierson have played well below what they can play. It's time for new direction back there.
Agree except Banda is a great recruiter, he stays on that alone

View attachment 135643

Offense:

D'Eriq King - 24/38 255yds 1TD 63%cmp & 18att 15yds & 1TD rushing
Cam'ron Harris - 14att 63yds 1TD
Dee Wiggins - 8rec 106yds
Mike Harley - 6rec 51yds
Mark Pope - 4rec 50yds 1TD
Jaylan Knighton - 7att 27yds
Don Chaney Jr - 8att 25yds
Brevin Jordan - 2rec 22yds
Will Mallory - 2rec 21yds

Gained 386yds total (255 passing & 131 rushing), off 86 plays, at 4.5 yards per play, 26 first downs, 6/17 on 3rd down & 32:36 in time of possession.

First drive was scripted well & setup perfect for King to go for it on 4th down, Idk who's decision it was to run a fake FG with Borregales but it was a dumb one, especially to the opposite side of the hashes where he literally had no blockers. On 4th down & short put the ball in Kings hands. There's a ton of options you can run in that scenario, Fake FG is probably dead last on the chart.

OL was horrid.

Scaife played absolutely awful, he got beat routinely on inside moves & gave Va Tech's interior rushers a fast track lane straight to the QB. Unfortunately, Jakai Clark, Cleveland Reed & Jalen Rivers were all out for the game, so basically we were stuck with having to play Scaife no matter what with no replacement backup because Traore had to start in place of Clark. We didn't even have the option of playing John Campbell at Guard.

Wiggins played his best game of the year, yeah he did have a bad hands drop earlier in the game & he still plays with no physicality, he cannot separate at the top of his routes, but his best route is the Deep out towards the sideline & the Bubble screen. He's still inconsistent with second level routes down the field but the last 2 games he's had 15 catches for 183yds, so just keep working & getting better.

Pope has found his comfort zone, he hasn't had the drops issues he had earlier in the year & has now become a legitimate playmaker. He's come into his own as the Flanker & has shown up more & more as a WR that can be trusted to move the chains in space & win his matchup.

The WR group overall is beginning to gel, with the loss of Spring reps it was clear in the first half of the season they were not on the same page with King, but as they've continued to gain confidence & build continuity they've become a productive trio of Harley, Pope & Wiggins. Obviously, still tons of room to grow & still need more consistency, but they're headed in the right direction down the last stretch of the season, the WR's are trending up.

The run game is still an uphill battle, much like the Pitt game, we managed to rush for over 130yds as a team but averaged 2.7 yards per carry, obviously the sacks bring the average down quite a bit, but even without them it's still Death by a thousand paper cuts. Our RB's haven't had a 100yd rusher since Louisville, but Harris was solid on a couple runs & Chaney/Knighton are always good for some tough runs on key drives every game. Gotta keep working to improve the run game, but our Interior OL is the source of the problem there.

Terrific play calls on the drive for the go ahead TD off the RPO Slant. We kept them off balance with some tough runs from Chaney & quick passes to Wiggins, Harley & culminating with a TD to Pope.

On the first 2pt conversion try, if King actually just throws it to Harley peeling off on Flag route he would've caught it easy, I don't get throwing it to Zion Nelson in that situation. On the 2nd 2pt try, it wasn't a bad play call, just probably should've run it with Knighton instead of Chaney. But otherwise, I didn't have issue with Lashlee's play calling, especially considering how bad the OL was today, he did a great job going tempo when necessary & orchestrated multiple methodical drives for TD's. He identified Va Tech's inability to keep with the RPO plays & utilized their soft zones against them hitting with Bubble screens frequently to give us manageable short yardage downs. The only time we would get behind the sticks was primarily in the 3rd quarter when the OL was hemorrhaging & couldn't stop Hewitt. Lash has been a Godsend of this team as an OC, with Enox this team wouldn't score 1/16th the amount of points we do nor get anywhere near the offensive output we gain every game. By far the best OC we've had since Chudzinski.

King carries this team on his back, he's literally our best player by a country mile & without him we would be a below .500 team. He's been absolutely dialed in & elevated his play since the loss to Clemson, he's the unquestioned leader of this team & is by far the best QB we've had in decades. All hail the King! 👑

Defense:

Gilbert Frierson - 8tcks 2TFL's 2 sacks
Jaelan Phillips - 8tcks 4.5TFL's & 2 sacks
Sam Brooks - 7tcks 1TFL & 1 sack
Gurvan Hall - 7tcks 0.5TFL's
Amari Carter - 7tcks
Jon Ford - 6tcks
Te'Cory Couch - 5tcks 3TFL's 1 sack 1INT & 1PBU
DJ Ivey - 5tcks
Nesta Silvera - 4tcks 1TFL 2 hurries
Quincy Roche - 4tcks 1TFL
Bradley Jennings Jr - 4tcks 0.5TFL & 1PBU

Gave up 362 total yards on Defense, but had 11TFL's, 6 sacks & 1 turnover.

Defense did a horrible job on the 53yd run by Hooker, the LB's got sealed off in the alley & Bolden got completely sucked into the hole over pursuing, took a bad angle & couldn't recover.

Bubba Bolden with a boneheaded penalty after Phillips gets a huge sack & gives them a fresh set of downs instead of a potential 2nd/3rd & long. Once again the undisciplined nature of this team shoots us in the foot any time we start to get positive plays going for the Defense.

Jaelan Phillips played his best game since FSU, he gave Va Tech's OT's fits & did a great job wrapping up on Hooker & getting him down, he came up with 3 sacks on crucial downs & helped changed the complexion of the game in the 2nd half.

Nesta Silvera played a terrific game as well, he was disruptive all game long, he was routinely held by VA Tech's OG's but still was able to make a big impact taking Hooker off his mark in the 2nd half.

Gilbert Frierson played great as well, his football IQ is off the charts, he made a great read on the key sack he got late & has developed into the quintessential Striker. He's good in coverage & great against the run, he's been the most imrooved player of the year on the Defense.

That was a great pick by Couch, he played great all game, he was active in the backfield getting home on his Blitzes & he had a great day tackling, he has emerged as clearly the best DB in our secondary, props to @ajone228 for calling it. Couch & Phillips were the co-MVP's of the game on Defense.

The LB's are still just not very good, Brooks played well IMO, Jennings made the best play he's made all year with a dropped INT, but the LB group needs a serious infusion of talent. Although I will say, they looked much better without McCloud.

This Defense played bad in the first half per usual, but was able to make 2nd half adjustments.

After giving up the TD to start the 3rd quarter, the Defense hunkered down & played good ball getting off the field. After the TD, on 6 possessions Va Tech went, FG, Punt, Punt, INT, Punt & turnover on downs. Miami Boa constricted VTech in the 4th quarter & held them to 0 scores.

Diaz called this game today & you can tell the glaring difference between a Diaz called & a Baker abomination called, 2nd half adjustments has been Diaz's forte since he's been at Miami & showed today. At season's end he will do himself a huge service by replacing Baker & finding a competent DC that he doesn't have to babysit & micromanage. This game just proved how worthless Baker really is.

Overall, another tough gritty nail biter win, not pretty & pristine like we'd all like but good teams win ugly & winning is the name of the game. This team is of course flawed & still has depth issues & needs a good 2 recruiting classes with an infusion of talent at all levels before it should be looked at as a true contender, however, what matters above all is stack W's & parlaying that into success on the recruiting trail. We didn't play perfect by any stretch of the imagination but we did what we had to do in order to win & I'll take it.

We're still an overl penalized team, with 8 penalties for 77 yards, but at this point, that's who this team is, just an undisciplined laundry magnet for these horrendous ACC refs. At best, as long as we can keep our penalties under 10 for less than a 100yds we should be good lol. (All jokes aside, ACC officiating crews are highly litigious, but I honestly believe they are told to be extra flag happy against us because we're an overly chirpy team that essentially begs for them to fck with us).

Next week vs GTech is revenge time & we should win that game more comfortably than we have these last 2 weeks, either way just keep trekking ahead & finding ways to win, we got 2 more potential shootouts left with Wake & UNC, 10-1 is a very real possibility this season.

Go Canes!.

good write up. i will say the unsportsmanlike conduct flag on Lou right before the half was ridiculous. just swallow the flag right before half esp if its just dudes chirping

Advertisement
Good write up El. One thing I wanted to say but not thread worthy is, I think we slide to 11 tomorrow in the Polls. Indiana is 10 and Oregon is 11. Though we’ve played more games, both those teams are hot right now. If we stay at 9 I would be excitingly surprised. Because we all know we aren’t the #9 team in the country and it’s showing.

On 4th & 2 a fake FG is a dumb call, why? Because you have D'Eriq King at QB.

- You go for it & run a Zone Read with a pitch option
- You coulda ran a TE quick out with Brevin or run the same PA TE slip out we ran to get a first down in the red zone with Mallory on the first TD drive.
- Run a quick slant with Pope, or Harley, or even Payton
- Go 4-wide & slip Knighton out of the backfield for a quick HB out of the flats play
- Empty backfield 5-wide & run Harley on quick curl or hook route
- Could've even handed if off to Chaney on a HB Power
- Bubble Screen to Wiggins or Pope

There's several more options, but running a fake FG with a Kicker who's not fast, not used to running & didn't have any Blockers to far side of the hashes was just not a high probability play.

Again, we're talking about 4th & 2, we've had several 4th down plays earlier in the year where King & company converted it, you don't take the ball out of King's hands on a 4th & short & entrust to a Kicker who literally never runs that play lol.
I didn’t get that or the throw behind the LOS to Zion Nelson.

View attachment 135643

Offense:

D'Eriq King - 24/38 255yds 1TD 63%cmp & 18att 15yds & 1TD rushing
Cam'ron Harris - 14att 63yds 1TD
Dee Wiggins - 8rec 106yds
Mike Harley - 6rec 51yds
Mark Pope - 4rec 50yds 1TD
Jaylan Knighton - 7att 27yds
Don Chaney Jr - 8att 25yds
Brevin Jordan - 2rec 22yds
Will Mallory - 2rec 21yds

Gained 386yds total (255 passing & 131 rushing), off 86 plays, at 4.5 yards per play, 26 first downs, 6/17 on 3rd down & 32:36 in time of possession.

First drive was scripted well & setup perfect for King to go for it on 4th down, Idk who's decision it was to run a fake FG with Borregales but it was a dumb one, especially to the opposite side of the hashes where he literally had no blockers. On 4th down & short put the ball in Kings hands. There's a ton of options you can run in that scenario, Fake FG is probably dead last on the chart.

OL was horrid.

Scaife played absolutely awful, he got beat routinely on inside moves & gave Va Tech's interior rushers a fast track lane straight to the QB. Unfortunately, Jakai Clark, Cleveland Reed & Jalen Rivers were all out for the game, so basically we were stuck with having to play Scaife no matter what with no replacement backup because Traore had to start in place of Clark. We didn't even have the option of playing John Campbell at Guard.

Wiggins played his best game of the year, yeah he did have a bad hands drop earlier in the game & he still plays with no physicality, he cannot separate at the top of his routes, but his best route is the Deep out towards the sideline & the Bubble screen. He's still inconsistent with second level routes down the field but the last 2 games he's had 15 catches for 183yds, so just keep working & getting better.

Pope has found his comfort zone, he hasn't had the drops issues he had earlier in the year & has now become a legitimate playmaker. He's come into his own as the Flanker & has shown up more & more as a WR that can be trusted to move the chains in space & win his matchup.

The WR group overall is beginning to gel, with the loss of Spring reps it was clear in the first half of the season they were not on the same page with King, but as they've continued to gain confidence & build continuity they've become a productive trio of Harley, Pope & Wiggins. Obviously, still tons of room to grow & still need more consistency, but they're headed in the right direction down the last stretch of the season, the WR's are trending up.

The run game is still an uphill battle, much like the Pitt game, we managed to rush for over 130yds as a team but averaged 2.7 yards per carry, obviously the sacks bring the average down quite a bit, but even without them it's still Death by a thousand paper cuts. Our RB's haven't had a 100yd rusher since Louisville, but Harris was solid on a couple runs & Chaney/Knighton are always good for some tough runs on key drives every game. Gotta keep working to improve the run game, but our Interior OL is the source of the problem there.

Terrific play calls on the drive for the go ahead TD off the RPO Slant. We kept them off balance with some tough runs from Chaney & quick passes to Wiggins, Harley & culminating with a TD to Pope.

On the first 2pt conversion try, if King actually just throws it to Harley peeling off on Flag route he would've caught it easy, I don't get throwing it to Zion Nelson in that situation. On the 2nd 2pt try, it wasn't a bad play call, just probably should've run it with Knighton instead of Chaney. But otherwise, I didn't have issue with Lashlee's play calling, especially considering how bad the OL was today, he did a great job going tempo when necessary & orchestrated multiple methodical drives for TD's. He identified Va Tech's inability to keep with the RPO plays & utilized their soft zones against them hitting with Bubble screens frequently to give us manageable short yardage downs. The only time we would get behind the sticks was primarily in the 3rd quarter when the OL was hemorrhaging & couldn't stop Hewitt. Lash has been a Godsend of this team as an OC, with Enox this team wouldn't score 1/16th the amount of points we do nor get anywhere near the offensive output we gain every game. By far the best OC we've had since Chudzinski.

King carries this team on his back, he's literally our best player by a country mile & without him we would be a below .500 team. He's been absolutely dialed in & elevated his play since the loss to Clemson, he's the unquestioned leader of this team & is by far the best QB we've had in decades. All hail the King! 👑

Defense:

Gilbert Frierson - 8tcks 2TFL's 2 sacks
Jaelan Phillips - 8tcks 4.5TFL's & 2 sacks
Sam Brooks - 7tcks 1TFL & 1 sack
Gurvan Hall - 7tcks 0.5TFL's
Amari Carter - 7tcks
Jon Ford - 6tcks
Te'Cory Couch - 5tcks 3TFL's 1 sack 1INT & 1PBU
DJ Ivey - 5tcks
Nesta Silvera - 4tcks 1TFL 2 hurries
Quincy Roche - 4tcks 1TFL
Bradley Jennings Jr - 4tcks 0.5TFL & 1PBU

Gave up 362 total yards on Defense, but had 11TFL's, 6 sacks & 1 turnover.

Defense did a horrible job on the 53yd run by Hooker, the LB's got sealed off in the alley & Bolden got completely sucked into the hole over pursuing, took a bad angle & couldn't recover.

Bubba Bolden with a boneheaded penalty after Phillips gets a huge sack & gives them a fresh set of downs instead of a potential 2nd/3rd & long. Once again the undisciplined nature of this team shoots us in the foot any time we start to get positive plays going for the Defense.

Jaelan Phillips played his best game since FSU, he gave Va Tech's OT's fits & did a great job wrapping up on Hooker & getting him down, he came up with 3 sacks on crucial downs & helped changed the complexion of the game in the 2nd half.

Nesta Silvera played a terrific game as well, he was disruptive all game long, he was routinely held by VA Tech's OG's but still was able to make a big impact taking Hooker off his mark in the 2nd half.

Gilbert Frierson played great as well, his football IQ is off the charts, he made a great read on the key sack he got late & has developed into the quintessential Striker. He's good in coverage & great against the run, he's been the most imrooved player of the year on the Defense.

That was a great pick by Couch, he played great all game, he was active in the backfield getting home on his Blitzes & he had a great day tackling, he has emerged as clearly the best DB in our secondary, props to @ajone228 for calling it. Couch & Phillips were the co-MVP's of the game on Defense.

The LB's are still just not very good, Brooks played well IMO, Jennings made the best play he's made all year with a dropped INT, but the LB group needs a serious infusion of talent. Although I will say, they looked much better without McCloud.

This Defense played bad in the first half per usual, but was able to make 2nd half adjustments.

After giving up the TD to start the 3rd quarter, the Defense hunkered down & played good ball getting off the field. After the TD, on 6 possessions Va Tech went, FG, Punt, Punt, INT, Punt & turnover on downs. Miami Boa constricted VTech in the 4th quarter & held them to 0 scores.

Diaz called this game today & you can tell the glaring difference between a Diaz called & a Baker abomination called, 2nd half adjustments has been Diaz's forte since he's been at Miami & showed today. At season's end he will do himself a huge service by replacing Baker & finding a competent DC that he doesn't have to babysit & micromanage. This game just proved how worthless Baker really is.

Overall, another tough gritty nail biter win, not pretty & pristine like we'd all like but good teams win ugly & winning is the name of the game. This team is of course flawed & still has depth issues & needs a good 2 recruiting classes with an infusion of talent at all levels before it should be looked at as a true contender, however, what matters above all is stack W's & parlaying that into success on the recruiting trail. We didn't play perfect by any stretch of the imagination but we did what we had to do in order to win & I'll take it.

We're still an overl penalized team, with 8 penalties for 77 yards, but at this point, that's who this team is, just an undisciplined laundry magnet for these horrendous ACC refs. At best, as long as we can keep our penalties under 10 for less than a 100yds we should be good lol. (All jokes aside, ACC officiating crews are highly litigious, but I honestly believe they are told to be extra flag happy against us because we're an overly chirpy team that essentially begs for them to fck with us).

Next week vs GTech is revenge time & we should win that game more comfortably than we have these last 2 weeks, either way just keep trekking ahead & finding ways to win, we got 2 more potential shootouts left with Wake & UNC, 10-1 is a very real possibility this season.

Go Canes!.

You normally on point, but I gotta disagree with you about coach lashlee, that **** was confused all game. He made it to simple and easy for V-Tech to recognize our passing plays and a they did was pin their ears back, I normally don't pay attention the most commentators, but whoever that 1 guy was, he knew his football, was a former center, from a formations standpoint rhett kept putting our offensive li e at a disadvantage, no screen pass or qb draws to slow V-Techs pass rush up, rhett has been calling non-sense series all year long. His non-game plan against Clemson, like blake baker, both coordinators tendecies are obvious, I can t blame the o-line for most of the pressure, st some point the OC has to smarten up or the headcoach needs to intervene. Again, we got 2 possessions with under 7mins to go and still end up giving V-Tech the ball with almost 2mins left, WTF is that, couch gets the ball, and rhett comes out with a play-call that almost gave it right back.

The special teams call running the kicker was stupid but the play/pass to nelson was even worst. From a formations standpoint, we almost always have no-chance to convert 2 point conversions.

Also, even enos already said put some spect on his name:

And enos went up against a Made-Man and certified goon d-co in budlight foster( you know when your first and last name are the same as beers it's not his fault), rhett goes up against the replacement d-co and is getting confused flipping thru pages, alot of that **** he ran at smu not gone work in the ACC.

Also, they need to bench blondie a.k.a. bubba bolden and gurvan hall, either those 2 have hit a brick wall, or are just out their going thru the motions. I said this pre-game, that run by hooker was pathetic, a bolden had to do was keep running up the alley, instead he breaksdown, and gets smoked out the back gate.

Advertisement
Back