My Post Game Recap - UNC

Advertisement
This Defense played with no pride, no honor, no respect & no dignity.
And no game plan, I guess they watched no film this week of the ND/UNC where ND decided to shut down their run game or even the FSU/UNC film where FSU decided to blitz and put lots of pressure on Howell.
This game was sickening to watch.

Let's all take a realistic view of what happened Tonite, whoever is mad or disappointed, if you expected mack brown to lose to a diaz coached team, you're all smoking dope. This one was not hard to figure out, this lost was squarely on coach diaz, blake baker and rhett lashlee, and King always gets a brain lock whenever the competition we go against is stepped up a notch.

First off, mack brown already knows coach diaz's defensive philosophy like the back of his hand, and the very reason he fired coach diaz once again revealed itself. I was looking for more screen plays & throwbacks from UNC, but the deep handoffs and traps worked just the same.

We got beat by basic football tonite, if coach diaz and baker want to keep telling the defensive ends to keep firing up field, no problem, same trap play, basically no stunts or slants from the d-linemen. The linebackers have been set-up for failure all year long, nothing new, our elementary defensive alignments were comical. These boys gave maximum effort but they were let down by their coordinators. For some reason rhett lashlee still thinks having more offensive plays than the next team is the key, ROFL, I been saying it all season, it's not about the amount of plays, it's about who executes the most plays at a high level. That's why I luv when they put that stat of showing both, us and UNC had run 45 offensive plays at a certain point but the stats were real lopsided

We said going into the game, let's seeing blake baker's situational football knowledge had increased, we all definitely know the answer. When all the qb has to do is keep handing the ball off for trap and off tackle runs all night long cause we still got our defensive ends just flying up field.

This was a lost that if coach diaz, is smart, he'll say and come out to the media that this lost falls sqaurely on the coaching staff. Don't even mention the players, should've put perry in the game, while King is solid, against the better defenses, he gets punished. They know he cant see if you rush em a certain way.

if coach diaz says anything negative about the players, that'll be a sign he's lost, these players didn't come out here to get embarrassed, blake baker and diaz so he'll bent on "not giving up the big play" that they refuse to use the safeties in the run game by bringing them up. The d-co is who he is, if coach diaz wants to tie his fate at the hands of blake baker that's on him. Loosing with the same simple running play was comical to watch and showed just how brain locked both diaz and baker are, it was comical watching mack brown remind coach diaz why he fired em in the 1st place, lol, mack brown was like, ok, keep sending your defensive ends up field, we'll just wait for them to vacate and run right behind them, lol, that **** was comical. When 2 backs get over 200yrds rushing in one game and I don't think we loaded up at the line of scrimmage not one time, that's all on coaching.

While rhett lashlee is an upgrade over dumb enos already, that **** needs guidance to in game as well, in short yardage situations, that **** gets brain locked as well. This game like the Clemson game, the offensive philosophy that rhett lashlee has will continue to back-fire. Instead of limiting those 2 teams possessions, by at least trying to establish a legit running game, King is not that good in the read option, the funny thing is, rosier would've thrived under rhett lashlee like he did under coach richt in 17.

I've never been a fan of that read option crap, it's nothing more than a kind of standstill option offense. When you got all these copy-cat coaches, basically doing the same thing every week, you gone get what we got Saturday. On the bright side, we got 26points, UNC got 62, all they did was just flip the numbers!

I don't get upset about these type of loses because they expose and highlight who the real culprits are.

What about the PENALTIES? SAME OLD SAME OLD.

Hire Hugh Frieze! Someone with a pulse.

Thanks for the recap, @Liberty City El . Dreadful read, because every word is true. How could our kids literally quit mentally with a NY6 birth on the line? How is that possible?!? You know what our Canes looked like last night? A bunch of straight up losers. Every one of them. I hate to say that because I bleed this ******* team, but it's a true statement. They genuinely looked like they had quit before we even got out of the 1st quarter. Fact. The couple that maybe had some fire left going into the 2nd quarter had that put out the next time a UNC RB trucked right over them or went 80yds untouched. Absolutely disgraceful performance, all around. This was no better than 0-45 vs UVA. This was no better than 0-58 Clemson. Literally. Both true. I am embarrassed; this was an absolute disgrace.

You hit it on the head right here, El...

"I don't care who doesn't comeback, I actually hope they all leave early, this team needs an infusion of talent & continuing to hide behind slow upperclassmen will only leave us exactly where we are, which is a team that can't compete with any other team that has legitimate talent. We can beat up on the lesser teams, but get our *** whooped every time we play a good team. We're a paper Tiger."

That's it right there. Period. We were welcome to blow through all the Jergens we wanted that we were 8-1 and top 10 blah blah blah, but you know why no one was really talking about us in the bigger discussions? Because those who have eyes and a football brain knew we were werent any good, saw us as the paper tiger we were. Let's not forget this is a Miami team that really could have lost 4 of its last five games. We were down to uva, nc state and VT. We are a 5-5 or 6-4 team not an 8-2 team. WE ARE THE SAME MEDIOCRE *** FOOTBALL PRODUCT WE'VE BEEN FOR ALMOST TWO DECADES NOW!! I am disgusted.

You know what I feel like this morning? I feel like Dan Sileo on September 11, 2012...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Let's all take a realistic view of what happened Tonite, whoever is mad or disappointed, if you expected mack brown to lose to a diaz coached team, you're all smoking dope. This one was not hard to figure out, this lost was squarely on coach diaz, blake baker and rhett lashlee, and King always gets a brain lock whenever the competition we go against is stepped up a notch.

First off, mack brown already knows coach diaz's defensive philosophy like the back of his hand, and the very reason he fired coach diaz once again revealed itself. I was looking for more screen plays & throwbacks from UNC, but the deep handoffs and traps worked just the same.

We got beat by basic football tonite, if coach diaz and baker want to keep telling the defensive ends to keep firing up field, no problem, same trap play, basically no stunts or slants from the d-linemen. The linebackers have been set-up for failure all year long, nothing new, our elementary defensive alignments were comical. These boys gave maximum effort but they were let down by their coordinators. For some reason rhett lashlee still thinks having more offensive plays than the next team is the key, ROFL, I been saying it all season, it's not about the amount of plays, it's about who executes the most plays at a high level. That's why I luv when they put that stat of showing both, us and UNC had run 45 offensive plays at a certain point but the stats were real lopsided

We said going into the game, let's seeing blake baker's situational football knowledge had increased, we all definitely know the answer. When all the qb has to do is keep handing the ball off for trap and off tackle runs all night long cause we still got our defensive ends just flying up field.

This was a lost that if coach diaz, is smart, he'll say and come out to the media that this lost falls sqaurely on the coaching staff. Don't even mention the players, should've put perry in the game, while King is solid, against the better defenses, he gets punished. They know he cant see if you rush em a certain way.

if coach diaz says anything negative about the players, that'll be a sign he's lost, these players didn't come out here to get embarrassed, blake baker and diaz so he'll bent on "not giving up the big play" that they refuse to use the safeties in the run game by bringing them up. The d-co is who he is, if coach diaz wants to tie his fate at the hands of blake baker that's on him. Loosing with the same simple running play was comical to watch and showed just how brain locked both diaz and baker are, it was comical watching mack brown remind coach diaz why he fired em in the 1st place, lol, mack brown was like, ok, keep sending your defensive ends up field, we'll just wait for them to vacate and run right behind them, lol, that **** was comical. When 2 backs get over 200yrds rushing in one game and I don't think we loaded up at the line of scrimmage not one time, that's all on coaching.

While rhett lashlee is an upgrade over dumb enos already, that **** needs guidance to in game as well, in short yardage situations, that **** gets brain locked as well. This game like the Clemson game, the offensive philosophy that rhett lashlee has will continue to back-fire. Instead of limiting those 2 teams possessions, by at least trying to establish a legit running game, King is not that good in the read option, the funny thing is, rosier would've thrived under rhett lashlee like he did under coach richt in 17.

I've never been a fan of that read option crap, it's nothing more than a kind of standstill option offense. When you got all these copy-cat coaches, basically doing the same thing every week, you gone get what we got Saturday. On the bright side, we got 26points, UNC got 62, all they did was just flip the numbers!

I don't get upset about these type of loses because they expose and highlight who the real culprits are.
Solid analysis. Many good points. But how in the world can you watch that same four quarters of football that I did and post the words "These boys gave maximum effort". There is plenty of blame to go around but what I saw last night was literally the exact opposite of that. They quit. Every last one of them. Most of them before halftime, some before we got out of the 1st. Facts.

Offense:

Gaynor & the entire OL got completely overwhelmed, UNC's front 7 had them on skates all game. Zion, Scaife, Gaynor, Clark & Jarrid were pedestrian.

Wiggins got bullied by an 18 year old True Freshman who was supposed to be still in High School right. Tony Grimes was the #1 ranked 2021 CB in this year's class, but he reclassified & enrolled at UNC in August while he was still 17 years old & he absolutely just snatched the ball from Wiggs who has no strength whatsoever. Wiggins is a total waste of size, he's 6'3 but plays like he's 5'8, has no physicality at all & has no explosion or athleticism, he never plays the ball in the air & every time he makes a catch (on the rare occasions when he does) he's fighting the ball & it takes a miracle from Heaven just for him to hang onto it. Completely useless WR.

D'Eriq King, Brevin Jordan & Mike Harley were the only players on this team who had any cajones, who played with any heart & actually cared, everybody else just quit.

Defense:

Defense gave up a staggering 778 yards of total offense & 554 yards of rushing. We allowed a 300 yard rusher & gave up the most yards by 2 RB's on the same time in FBS HISTORY. Smfh. I also think that was the most yards allowed by a Miami Defense in school history.

DJ Ivey is a not a Miami caliber CB, he wouldn't start at FIU, **** he wouldn't start at Bethune Cookman, in fact there are CB's at Keiser & St. Thomas University that would play better than him. He's slow AF, stiff hipped, colossally bad eye discipline, plays with no physicality, doesn't know how to leverage to the sideline, gives up inside leverage more than any corner I've seen, opens the gate (meaning opens his hips too early) & can't cover down field at all. He's the WORST CB in coverage I've ever seen in my life. If he arbitrarily starts next year, whoever is in charge of that decision is a ****** idiot, put him on the bench & leave him there.

Amari Carter took an awful angle on the 65yd TD run by Michael Carter. And took terrible angles on just about every TD that was scored by UNC, he was just as bad as he's ever been in his career. Regardless of my personal feelings about off the field, on the field he's just not a good player & never needs to take another snap at this program again.

Zach McCloud is horrendous, BJ Jennings is horrible. The entire LB corps is slow & undisciplined, they play with no gap integrity & they look like a bunch of JV FCS players. The LB group is Baker's unit & this group along with the CB group plays like pure garbage against any offenses with any team speed.

Gurvan Hall looked completely silly on the 2nd TD run by Michael Carter.

FIRE BLAKE BAKER & MIKE RUMPH! There's no justifiable reason to keep either one of them on staff. They are the two biggest liabilities both on the field & on the recruiting trail, they have no redeemable qualities & they've both made themselves expendable for horrible Defensive performances this season in games like Louisville, Clemson, NC St & UNC. If Diaz doesn't wanna go out like Al Folden, he better pull his head out of his *** & get rid of the bums on his Corching staff. Blake Baker is worse than Mark D'Onfrio, he has the charisma of a broken statue, he's gonna go down as the worst DC in Miami history & that's really saying something because we've had some really bad ones over the years.

This Defense was completely EMBARRASSED, Run Defense was ATROCIOUS, they were lifeless, they played like a bunch of kids who have never even played the game of football before. Every single player on the Defense took God awful angles & they just quit. The entire Defense played as if they forgot their was a game today, they looked slow, sluggish & completely lethargic, they had no fight whatsoever, they got hit in the mouth & folded up like a lawn chair. This was worse than the 2015 UNC beat down.

Every time this team makes any progress they get too big headed & get smacked back to reality, it's 1 step forward & 2 steps back. This was as bad as a performance as Diaz had when he was DC at Texas & BYU gashed them for over 600yds & Mack Brown fired him.

I don't care who doesn't comeback, I actually hope they all leave early, this team needs an infusion of talent & continuing to hide behind slow upperclassmen will only leave us exactly where we are, which is a team that can't compete with any other team that has legitimate talent. We can beat up on the lesser teams, but get our *** whooped every time we play a good team. We're a paper Tiger.

Any & all leeway that Diaz had bought himself up until this point is completely lost, obviously the administration won't fire him up after this year, but he's gonna end up like Al Folden & eventually get shîtcanned because he's too stubborn to make changes to the Defense.

The refusal to recruit Corners has caught up to this team & it will only get worse come next year, change this ****** Defense around & or the 2021 season will be just like the 2018 season following the 10 win 2017 season. What a horrible ****** way to end the season, extremely disappointing & more of the same nonsense that has plagued this program for the last 17 years, Diaz you're on the clock, either fix this shît ASAP on you're going down in flames just like all your predecessors.

Oh & I'm almost certain whoever we get in whichever Bowl game we get is going to beat our asses too, because it's beyond obvious this Defense just wants to go home. We just killed whatever recruiting momentum we had with this shît show performance, same old Canes on that same old bullshît Smfh.

What a ****** disgrace smh.
Well said as always LCE. Obvious that defensive staff needs to be **** canned. Unfortunately I think it is still even deeper than this. Realistically without King, we are still a .500 team.

Worst performance worst than the Clemson loss, our LBs were non existent McCloud and Jennings need to graduate move on. Its Brooks and Flagg time along with freshman and transfers. Also our corner back room needs to be rebuilt as Ivey isn't fluid enough or has that second gear to keep up with fast receivers, we need transfers there.
Manny needs to tell McCloud he can't come back. Same with some other dead weight like Wiggins. I still can't believe they play them so much after being sooooooooo bad all year. It has to be a directive from Manny on playing the older players no matter what because there's no way Likens, Baker, and Justice would all leave better talent on the sideline this long on their own.

Advertisement
I will also briefly comment on Wiggins. I don’t understand why he gets so many snaps. He hasn’t done a thing since he got here. WR is a position where freshman can excel. Baffling that Wiggins starts.
Has to be Manny's call imo. Rivers doesn't play on the o-line, Keyshawn & Washington don't play at receiver, and the young linebackers barely play....no way each position coach is this dumb.

Has to be Manny's call imo. Rivers doesn't play on the o-line, Keyshawn & Washington don't play at receiver, and the young linebackers barely play....no way each position coach is this dumb.
Where the **** is X?! Yeah, he dropped a few punts... TRYING TO MAKE A PLAY. Get that dude on the field ASAP.

Where the **** is X?! Yeah, he dropped a few punts... TRYING TO MAKE A PLAY. Get that dude on the field ASAP.
Haha, I forgot his name but wanted to include him too. He has done multiple dumb things this year (he ran into the receiver in a punt last night) but he lit it up all preseason and still doesn't get a chance to show what he can do. It's just insane.

I'm really not as worried about the offense because we're only a year removed from being a complete ****show. By and large its the same cast of characters on the O line and receiving corps. The biggest problem is defense.

We've seen it before where a particular offensive or defensive strategy works great then once one person figures it out, it's completely exposed. I wonder if that's exactly what happened here. It's not like the players who've been really good all year decided to suddenly suck. They were schemed around and humiliated. The question is whether Manny responds and adjusts by getting a new DC.

Advertisement
And no game plan, I guess they watched no film this week of the ND/UNC where ND decided to shut down their run game or even the FSU/UNC film where FSU decided to blitz and put lots of pressure on Howell.
This game was sickening to watch.
Correct. I was thinking the same thing wait for them to adjust as per ND or FSU NOTHING !!! NC was having a bonanza on the edge the whole day . !!!! So **** off !!

Believe it or not, the individuals who think a blow up is going to lead to results that are drastically different than what we have today, are even more delusional. Smh
What a total cuck failure of a response. you sound like a guy who knows his wife is taking it from the neighbor, but he’s afraid to speak up because he’s worried she’ll come home with a biker gang next time.

If it ain’t working, fix it. If you’re not up for fixing it, quit and let someone else try. Quitting and accepting failure is a lot more unforgivable than continuing to try.

Said it after the Clemson game. I already knew unc would out coach Miami. Its just a matter of time before fsu does the same maybe even early as next year despite being horribly undermanned. unc took advantage of mismatches the same way LaSalle didn't do. Dude is no where near ready to a HC lmao. Most of the time he's just calling plays. Periodically he'll string together some play calls but you rarely see him create any mismatches or expose a weak player on defense. That's the siogn of an below avg staff and shifty people in the booth.

Nom point in piling on baker on the defense I already knew trhye would get ate up but I expected more out of lashleee and he was ***** trash.

Advertisement
30-24 FIU
14-0 Louisiana Tech
62-26 UNC

He owns some of the worst losses in program history. Any respectable program would have never hired him in the first place, let alone given him a second chance.
One word “Temple”

Solid analysis. Many good points. But how in the world can you watch that same four quarters of football that I did and post the words "These boys gave maximum effort". There is plenty of blame to go around but what I saw last night was literally the exact opposite of that. They quit. Every last one of them. Most of them before halftime, some before we got out of the 1st. Facts.
The effort was their all game, in boxing, if everytime you throw a jab and I keep catching you with a pull-counter, or even start hooking you off the jab, the likely hood of you continuing to throw your jab is going to go way down, you didn't quit fighting, you just made the adjustment.

Well yesterday what you saw were players executing at a high level what they were being asked to do all year, the problem was when they went back to the corner after round 1, they got know help from their trainers, both coordinators were dog doo-doo yesterday and neither coordinator has nor are they running any fundamentally sound systems.

I never see a football game where a team got beat by the same running play like that over and over again. It's no way, our linebackers have been lined up wrong since coach diaz has gotten here. I could to on, but the bottom line, the only thing that needs to be coming out of coach diaz's mouth is "this lost was on me, and as coaches we have to do a better job". Nothing about the players, he'd be an idiot to have a team with only one loss and all of a sudden it's what they not doing, lol, hopefully he doesn't say the stupid **** about " we're learning how to win" needs to only be about addressing the coaching, and not scapegoating either.

He chose to bring in enos, baker and now rhett, you can't be a headcoach and not give your coordinators guidance. Neither coordinator have no championship proof they can point to that their systems work at an elite level. Many of our players were champions before they got to UM which goes back to the ultimate problem, the championship environment got destroyed when skelator was allowed to fire institutional cornerstone assistant coaches, the Kumbya sidelines atmosphere on the team now by most of these coaches led by diaz is not gone get it done at UM.

****'s will stop wasting their time when they see the coaches don't know what they doing tho!

I'm really not as worried about the offense because we're only a year removed from being a complete ****show. By and large its the same cast of characters on the O line and receiving corps. The biggest problem is defense.

We've seen it before where a particular offensive or defensive strategy works great then once one person figures it out, it's completely exposed. I wonder if that's exactly what happened here. It's not like the players who've been really good all year decided to suddenly suck. They were schemed around and humiliated. The question is whether Manny responds and adjusts by getting a new DC.
Coach Diaz built his defense the way he wanted it. It's easy for him to point the finger at the Offense because it's "those guys over there." Him changing the D would be him admitting failure and he ain't man enough to do that

Coach Diaz built his defense the way he wanted it. It's easy for him to point the finger at the Offense because it's "those guys over there." Him changing the D would be him admitting failure and he ain't man enough to do that
I hope you're wrong because that would mean another 2-4 years of mediocrity. But it does say a lot about him if he replaces his defense because a wise man knows when to change.

Advertisement
Back