My Post Game Recap - UNC

This is the post I was waiting for...had some friends over and didn’t get a chance to read it until now...you know how put my emotions into words better than I do...100%...nah...1000% SPOT ON!!!!!

Advertisement
Offense:

Gaynor & the entire OL got completely overwhelmed, UNC's front 7 had them on skates all game. Zion, Scaife, Gaynor, Clark & Jarrid were pedestrian.

Wiggins got bullied by an 18 year old True Freshman who was supposed to be still in High School right. Tony Grimes was the #1 ranked 2021 CB in this year's class, but he reclassified & enrolled at UNC in August while he was still 17 years old & he absolutely just snatched the ball from Wiggs who has no strength whatsoever. Wiggins is a total waste of size, he's 6'3 but plays like he's 5'8, has no physicality at all & has no explosion or athleticism, he never plays the ball in the air & every time he makes a catch (on the rare occasions when he does) he's fighting the ball & it takes a miracle from Heaven just for him to hang onto it. Completely useless WR.

D'Eriq King, Brevin Jordan & Mike Harley were the only players on this team who had any cajones, who played with any heart & actually cared, everybody else just quit.

Defense:

Defense gave up a staggering 778 yards of total offense & 554 yards of rushing. We allowed a 300 yard rusher & gave up the most yards by 2 RB's on the same time in FBS HISTORY. Smfh. I also think that was the most yards allowed by a Miami Defense in school history.

DJ Ivey is a not a Miami caliber CB, he wouldn't start at FIU, **** he wouldn't start at Bethune Cookman, in fact there are CB's at Keiser & St. Thomas University that would play better than him. He's slow AF, stiff hipped, colossally bad eye discipline, plays with no physicality, doesn't know how to leverage to the sideline, gives up inside leverage more than any corner I've seen, opens the gate (meaning opens his hips too early) & can't cover down field at all. He's the WORST CB in coverage I've ever seen in my life. If he arbitrarily starts next year, whoever is in charge of that decision is a ****** idiot, put him on the bench & leave him there.

Amari Carter took an awful angle on the 65yd TD run by Michael Carter. And took terrible angles on just about every TD that was scored by UNC, he was just as bad as he's ever been in his career. Regardless of my personal feelings about off the field, on the field he's just not a good player & never needs to take another snap at this program again.

Zach McCloud is horrendous, BJ Jennings is horrible. The entire LB corps is slow & undisciplined, they play with no gap integrity & they look like a bunch of JV FCS players. The LB group is Baker's unit & this group along with the CB group plays like pure garbage against any offenses with any team speed.

Gurvan Hall looked completely silly on the 2nd TD run by Michael Carter.

FIRE BLAKE BAKER & MIKE RUMPH! There's no justifiable reason to keep either one of them on staff. They are the two biggest liabilities both on the field & on the recruiting trail, they have no redeemable qualities & they've both made themselves expendable for horrible Defensive performances this season in games like Louisville, Clemson, NC St & UNC. If Diaz doesn't wanna go out like Al Folden, he better pull his head out of his *** & get rid of the bums on his Corching staff. Blake Baker is worse than Mark D'Onfrio, he has the charisma of a broken statue, he's gonna go down as the worst DC in Miami history & that's really saying something because we've had some really bad ones over the years.

This Defense was completely EMBARRASSED, Run Defense was ATROCIOUS, they were lifeless, they played like a bunch of kids who have never even played the game of football before. Every single player on the Defense took God awful angles & they just quit. The entire Defense played as if they forgot their was a game today, they looked slow, sluggish & completely lethargic, they had no fight whatsoever, they got hit in the mouth & folded up like a lawn chair. This was worse than the 2015 UNC beat down.

Every time this team makes any progress they get too big headed & get smacked back to reality, it's 1 step forward & 2 steps back. This was as bad as a performance as Diaz had when he was DC at Texas & BYU gashed them for over 600yds & Mack Brown fired him.

I don't care who doesn't comeback, I actually hope they all leave early, this team needs an infusion of talent & continuing to hide behind slow upperclassmen will only leave us exactly where we are, which is a team that can't compete with any other team that has legitimate talent. We can beat up on the lesser teams, but get our *** whooped every time we play a good team. We're a paper Tiger.

Any & all leeway that Diaz had bought himself up until this point is completely lost, obviously the administration won't fire him up after this year, but he's gonna end up like Al Folden & eventually get shîtcanned because he's too stubborn to make changes to the Defense.

The refusal to recruit Corners has caught up to this team & it will only get worse come next year, change this ****** Defense around & or the 2021 season will be just like the 2018 season following the 10 win 2017 season. What a horrible ****** way to end the season, extremely disappointing & more of the same nonsense that has plagued this program for the last 17 years, Diaz you're on the clock, either fix this shît ASAP on you're going down in flames just like all your predecessors.

Oh & I'm almost certain whoever we get in whichever Bowl game we get is going to beat our asses too, because it's beyond obvious this Defense just wants to go home. We just killed whatever recruiting momentum we had with this shît show performance, same old Canes on that same old bullshît Smfh.

What a ****** disgrace smh.
I appreciate everything you bring but if that play that mr grimes made on the interception wasn't pass interference then i dont know a thing about football no matter how horrible wiggins is

Offense:

Gaynor & the entire OL got completely overwhelmed, UNC's front 7 had them on skates all game. Zion, Scaife, Gaynor, Clark & Jarrid were pedestrian.

Wiggins got bullied by an 18 year old True Freshman who was supposed to be still in High School right. Tony Grimes was the #1 ranked 2021 CB in this year's class, but he reclassified & enrolled at UNC in August while he was still 17 years old & he absolutely just snatched the ball from Wiggs who has no strength whatsoever. Wiggins is a total waste of size, he's 6'3 but plays like he's 5'8, has no physicality at all & has no explosion or athleticism, he never plays the ball in the air & every time he makes a catch (on the rare occasions when he does) he's fighting the ball & it takes a miracle from Heaven just for him to hang onto it. Completely useless WR.

D'Eriq King, Brevin Jordan & Mike Harley were the only players on this team who had any cajones, who played with any heart & actually cared, everybody else just quit.

Defense:

Defense gave up a staggering 778 yards of total offense & 554 yards of rushing. We allowed a 300 yard rusher & gave up the most yards by 2 RB's on the same time in FBS HISTORY. Smfh. I also think that was the most yards allowed by a Miami Defense in school history.

DJ Ivey is a not a Miami caliber CB, he wouldn't start at FIU, **** he wouldn't start at Bethune Cookman, in fact there are CB's at Keiser & St. Thomas University that would play better than him. He's slow AF, stiff hipped, colossally bad eye discipline, plays with no physicality, doesn't know how to leverage to the sideline, gives up inside leverage more than any corner I've seen, opens the gate (meaning opens his hips too early) & can't cover down field at all. He's the WORST CB in coverage I've ever seen in my life. If he arbitrarily starts next year, whoever is in charge of that decision is a ****** idiot, put him on the bench & leave him there.

Amari Carter took an awful angle on the 65yd TD run by Michael Carter. And took terrible angles on just about every TD that was scored by UNC, he was just as bad as he's ever been in his career. Regardless of my personal feelings about off the field, on the field he's just not a good player & never needs to take another snap at this program again.

Zach McCloud is horrendous, BJ Jennings is horrible. The entire LB corps is slow & undisciplined, they play with no gap integrity & they look like a bunch of JV FCS players. The LB group is Baker's unit & this group along with the CB group plays like pure garbage against any offenses with any team speed.

FIRE BLAKE BAKER & MIKE RUMPH! There's no justifiable reason to keep either one of them on staff. They are the two biggest liabilities both on the field & on the recruiting trail, they have no redeemable qualities & they've both made themselves expendable for horrible Defensive performances this season in games like Louisville, Clemson, NC St & UNC. If Diaz doesn't wanna go out like Al Folden, he better pull his head out of his *** & get rid of the bums on his Corching staff. Blake Baker is worse than Mark D'Onfrio, he has the charisma of a broken statue, he's gonna go down as the worst DC in Miami history & that's really saying something because we've had some really bad ones over the years.

This Defense was completely EMBARRASSED, Run Defense was ATROCIOUS, they were lifeless, they played like a bunch of kids who have never even played the game of football before. Every single player on the Defense took God awful angles & they just quit. The entire Defense played as if they forgot their was a game today, they looked slow, sluggish & completely lethargic, they had no fight whatsoever, they got hit in the mouth & folded up like a lawn chair. This was worse than the 2015 UNC beat down.

Every time this team makes any progress they get too big headed & get smacked back to reality, it's 1 step forward & 2 steps back. This was as bad as a performance as Diaz had when he was DC at Texas & BYU gashed them for over 600yds & Mack Brown fired him.

I don't care who doesn't comeback, I actually hope they all leave early, this team needs an infusion of talent & continuing to hide behind slow upperclassmen will only leave us exactly where we are, which is a team that can't compete with any other team that has legitimate talent. We can beat up on the lesser teams, but get our *** whooped every time we play a good team. We're a paper Tiger.

Any & all leeway that Diaz had bought himself up until this point is completely lost, obviously the administration won't fire him up after this year, but he's gonna end up like Al Folden & eventually get shîtcanned because he's too stubborn to make changes to the Defense.

The refusal to recruit Corners has caught up to this team & it will only get worse come next year, change this ****** Defense around & or the 2021 season will be just like the 2018 season following the 10 win 2017 season. What a horrible ****** way to end the season, extremely disappointing & more of the same nonsense that has plagued this program for the last 17 years, Diaz you're on the clock, either fix this shît ASAP on you're going down in flames just like all your predecessors.

Oh & I'm almost certain whoever we get in whichever Bowl game we get is going to beat our asses too, because it's beyond obvious this Defense just wants to go home. We just killed whatever recruiting momentum we had with this shît show performance, same old Canes on that same old bullshît Smfh.

WR, OL, LB, CB.

Been having a lot of discussions around those spots recently and over time.

Agree with your comments. We evaluate WR, OL and LB terribly, IMO, and have for ages. CB we just recruit terribly.

Our DC is awful but let's be honest, this is Manny's gimmicky d. There's a reason Mack Brown fired him years back in the middle of the season, and it was put on display for everyone to see today.

Manny's not even a good DC, and he's a terrible leader and hence HC, IMO.

This program, admin, team, culture, all needs a blow it up and start over. There ain't no way Manny can fix this and anyone who thinks he can, IMO, is delusional.

What happened man, this **** boggles the mind that we got beat this bad. I knew the defense was gonna get shredded but the offense also looked terrible. Something happened, a UVA offense that we held to 14 points balled out against this defense. How did this team come out so flat at home after not playing
there for like two months.

Advertisement
What happened man, this **** boggles the mind that we got beat this bad. I knew the defense was gonna get shredded but the offense also looked terrible. Something happened, a UVA offense that we held to 14 points balled out against this defense. How did this team come out so flat at home after not playing
there for like two months.
The same way they were dominated by FIU last year.No heart,no balls,no leaders.awful coaches.

Worst performance worst than the Clemson loss, our LBs were non existent McCloud and Jennings need to graduate move on. Its Brooks and Flagg time along with freshman and transfers. Also our corner back room needs to be rebuilt as Ivey isn't fluid enough or has that second gear to keep up with fast receivers, we need transfers there.

Sorry to say but Brooks was in on the play that Amari Carter got trucked and looked just as bad.lol

All of the LBS look bad...changing from the srs to the freshman back ups wont matter. The scheme for a LB just isnt right..what they are asked to do is complete b.s. and they are being corched up by guys that dont have a clue..(Manny included). There alignment are a MESS. Our LBs are SOOOOO easy to block.lol Stationary before snapped..lined up in the gaps and are hauling *** at the snap of the ball in one direction laterally.

By the 2nd drive i knew the route was coming. They are asking lbs that are slow mind you to get outside on a counter play..all the while the ends are not containing and are going inside of the pulling guard or tackle ..so im guessing the lb is suppose to get out there and turn it back in...problem is ..who was he turning it back into as...the other lb is usually pinned also or running the wrong direction first and being blocked...all we play is cover 3 and our low chromosome safety is 30 yards away trying to fill an alley..has 2 options. A. Dive at an ankle (Bolden) B. Get Trucked (Amari Carter).

I know people say to fire Blake Baker this n that. We should. But honestly this is the SAME defense we have ran since Manny has been here. I legit had the same concerns then...and Richt was the coach. Poor alignment, Stationary before snap, Blitz from Palm Beach Gardens that never reaches, DL slanting , giving up contain play after play ( and they are coached to do it to cause..HAVOC). The main issue this year is that the talent level at cb and LB have fallen so bad that its glaringly noticable and there's no way around it.

But if you follow recruiting YOU SAW THIS coming. We never recruited either position very good and they won with guys that Golden identified. Well there guys are now playing and they look like sh*t against competent offenses. The DL and Safety talent level are up there or up to par for um standards.

Advertisement
Offense:

Defense:

But Midlo and the other c0cksuckers told us Baker was one of the best up and coming DC’s in the nation.

There’s not another power 5 school that would hire Baker as a LB coach much less DC. This program has become a laughing stock at ALL levels. All you slurpers should admit you know NOTHING about football and delete your accounts

Cursed by an administration that is incompetent in every aspect, academics, athletics, and just plain common sense. School is the worst run university in the country by miles and miles.
Exactly. There’s no curse or bad luck, just a bunch of terrible hires that have nothing to do with the success of the football program. Other than Mark Richt every coaching hire here has been a joke since 2001.

Can anyone who was at the game and near the Miami sidelines see if Manny or Baker ever were demonstrative? They showed Manny gathering the defense at one point, but Baker seems like he just stands around. I recall Mullen absolutely lighting up his DC for something during a game, would Diaz ever do that to his buddy Blake? I get that Baker has no personality, but if you were ever going to show some fire this would have been the time.
When Manny was talking to the players, you can tell, he wasn’t mad nor yelling. There was no “fire” or accountability. Players were done. They quit. Which tells me, they don’t believe nor respect him enough.

Advertisement
When that sideline reporter said how shellshocked the defense was, they immediately showed Baker.

Theres a saying that you can see someones soul through his eyes. There was no soul with Baker. No fire, no grit. Just him being overwhelmed and shook. Because of a counter play.

No one gave a **** and no one cared. Absolutely no one.

Manny’s inability to defend counter plays is mind boggling. The scheme is amateur hour. This is why we struggle defending teams with a good QB and athletic players. In other words, we won’t be able to compete with elite programs on a consistent basis.

Remember, these are all Manny’s players on Defense. He recruited every single one. He played favorites and stuck with certain players who shouldn’t be on the field. We continue not to develop players, we see the same mistakes we saw week one and we don’t hold our coaches and players accountable.

Real recognizes real, and Manny isn’t real. Everything is smoke and mirrors with no substance. This isn’t a Miami Hurricanes program with good leadership. This is a gimmick scheme with no real substance nor credibility. Recruiting won’t save us from not being able to stop the counter under this system. Just pray, Diaz doesn’t get an extension.

Last edited:
Manny’s inability to defend counter plays is mind boggling. The scheme is amateur hour. This is why we struggle defending teams with a good QB and athletic players. In other words, we won’t be able to compete with elite programs on a consistent basis. This isn’t a Miami Hurricanes Defense. This is a gimmick scheme with no real substance or credibility. There is a reason why no one respects nor fears us.
I cant even see a scheme here. I only saw 11 clowns running around, not knowing what the **** to do.

Advertisement
WR, OL, LB, CB.

Been having a lot of discussions around those spots recently and over time.

Agree with your comments. We evaluate WR, OL and LB terribly, IMO, and have for ages. CB we just recruit terribly.

Our DC is awful but let's be honest, this is Manny's gimmicky d. There's a reason Mack Brown fired him years back in the middle of the season, and it was put on display for everyone to see today.

Manny's not even a good DC, and he's a terrible leader and hence HC, IMO.

This program, admin, team, culture, all needs a blow it up and start over. There ain't no way Manny can fix this and anyone who thinks he can, IMO, is delusional.

Believe it or not, the individuals who think a blow up is going to lead to results that are drastically different than what we have today, are even more delusional. Smh

The real f'd up part is that Manny has been in charge of this linebacker group and recruiting it since he got here 5 years ago.

This unit is the worst coached and least talented one on the field. What an indictment on him. Same thing goes for CB with Rumph, and while many of us have continued to warn everyone of Rumph's recruiting failures inevitably coming back to haunt us, we'd get shouted down that he's got "x amount of four stars on the roster Bro!" We miss on most top guys and completely miss on evaluations of the talented lower ranked local guys.

Again I'll beat this drum: as a legendary coach once said, recruiting misses have consequences. Well right now at LB/CB, Manny is paying full price for all those L's he's been stacking up on the trail. (Same goes for OL/WR)

Last edited:
30-24 FIU
14-0 Louisiana Tech
62-26 UNC

He owns some of the worst losses in program history. Any respectable program would have never hired him in the first place, let alone given him a second chance.
thank you for comment, CMD was a lazy hire by Blake and cost us a boatload of cash, why isn't he under scrutiny

They watched Notre Dame film and then shut UNC down for 3 straight quarters and said, “nah we are going to do something else.” Then never adjusted.

They made 2nd and 26 look like 2nd and inches 😂😂😂

We get into 2nd and 26 on offense and you should just send the punter out

Advertisement
Back