My Post Game Recap - NC State

I've tried to be as fair as I can, but the gloves are off now...

You know what I'm most ****ed at him about, it's not even necessarily his God awful play calling (even though that's more than enough), it's the fact he's from Houston & can't a recruit an incredibly talent region like Houston. Houston alone has 24 players in the NFL, that's just as much as Miami, actually more. Miami, Broward, PB, Tampa etc combined obviously have more, but Houston, Dallas & the East Texas region in general produce great talent annually & this ****head Corch has no access to any of them despite literally being from there & coaching there throughout his career.

Get him outta my face!
I Guess If You Say So GIF

Advertisement
I think your analysis of the D is off. Ageew firstbhalf, trash. Agree some players looked bad, agree Lbs stink. After 290 yards in first half, gave up 120 in the 2nd. Thats a big deal.

I wish that more of you had higher standards than being okay with eking out wins vs average teams and allowing 40+ points to backup QBs.
sadly the last 20 years of this football program tell you that you can't take night time road wins for granted regardless of how average the opponent. until proven otherwise i'm gladly taking the W in these situations. it isn't 2000 and it hasn't been for a long *** time

Advertisement
was he this bad at La Tech? I remember excitement because of they guy he had that was a sack machine. I guess what I’m asking was is this his MO or is this manny?
I personally think it's Baker.

When Manny was DC the 2017 & 2018 Defenses were actually good.

- In 2017 we were #1 in turnovers, sacks & TFL's
- In 2018 we were #1 Passing Defense & top 5 in about 5/6 different Defensive categories, I think we were legit #8 or #9 in Total Defense in 2018.

We didn't start getting this bad until Baker's weak *** showed up here in 2019, starting with UF game, 4th & 17 vs UNC & then the complete debacle of the first half of the Va Tech game, not to mention Ga Tech & Duke games here we got exposed bad on Defense as well.

I'm not saying that Manny is completely absolved from blame, because he's the HC & it's ultimately his responsibility, but I think Baker is really just a terrible terrible DC & he's brought what was a strong unit under Manny's tenure at DC down.

Last edited:
I've tried to be as fair as I can, but the gloves are off now...

You know what I'm most ****ed at him about, it's not even necessarily his God awful play calling (even though that's more than enough), it's the fact he's from Houston & can't a recruit an incredibly talent region like Houston. Houston alone has 24 players in the NFL, that's just as much as Miami, actually more. Miami, Broward, PB, Tampa etc combined obviously have more, but Houston, Dallas & the East Texas region in general produce great talent annually & this ****head Corch has no access to any of them despite literally being from there & coaching there throughout his career.

Get him outta my face!
Let me make you even sicker. My grandfather coached Blake baker at clear springs HS. On that staff also was d’eriq’s uncle lol and a couple of other coaches who went on to north shore and reestablished the culture. He has a in.. he just doesn’t come home

Advertisement

- I'm 2018 we were #1 Passing Defense & top 5 in about 5/6 different Defensive categories, I think we were legit #8 or #9 in Total Defense in 2018.

We didn't start getting this bad until Baker's weak *** showed up here in 2019, starting with UF game, 4th & 17 vs UNC & then the complete debacle of the first half of the Va Tech game, not to mention Ga Tech & Duke games here we got exposed bad on Defense as well.

I'm not saying that Manny is completely absolved from blame, because he's the HC & it's ultimately his responsibility, but I think Baker is really just a terrible terrible DC & he's brought what was a strong unit under Manny's tenure at DC down.

ugh, do you think manny parts ways? Do you believe the rumor that manny took over at the end?

Advertisement
Wiggins + Pope and our defenders generally chirp way too much on the field. Dudes catching penalties or slow to line up because they’re focused on talking **** about a downfield tackle or 10 yard catch
Nothing ****es me off more than when I see Bolden, or Blades, or one of the DB's running their mouth after giving up a 20yd gain on a run...

Like STFU & get yo *** back to the huddle dummy (even though we don't actually huddle, you know what I mean lol).

Phillips plays reckless too, he does a lot of talking, which I can understand from a DL's perspective you usually want your DLineman to be a little crazy & have a mean streak, but it needs to be intelligent crazy, not stupid detrimental to the team crazy.

It's called controlled chaos & the best Defensive players are calculated with their trash talk, not just out there bumping their gums while getting embarrassed by lesser talent.

You can't lose your matchup & then talk slick like you just did something, that's *** backwards smh lol.

Last edited:

- I'm 2018 we were #1 Passing Defense & top 5 in about 5/6 different Defensive categories, I think we were legit #8 or #9 in Total Defense in 2018.

I spied some stuff on the sidelines that makes me think Manny was seething with Baker. At least I hope he was.

I’m glad this happened tonight. If Manny doesn’t make some changes (obviously he can’t fire him mid season) for the upcoming games, we’re not getting the chances we got tonight.

I’m wondering if the rumor about Manny taking over the playcalling late in the game is true. I’m looking forward to the Georgia Tech game next week, I’m gonna have my eyes peeped right on the sidelines and Baker and Manny the whole game. Since I’m gonna be there I don’t have to depend on the cameraman

Advertisement
Baker, Patke, Rumph, Banda and the 94 year old DL coach are all JAG. We are elite at nothing. It’s hard to watch. And it starts with Manny.
I don't blame Coach Stroud, because when your DC is calling all these horrendous shìt Blitzes that require endless stunting at the line it's not really his fault that the DL gets gashed...

Baker is the LB's coach, look how out of place in the pre-snap alignment our LB's our, the DL's literally have no help at LB or on the backend in coverage.

Stroud & Banda are literally the only competent recruiters we have on Defense, they pull their weight.

But Faker, Dumph & Pastry are by far the worst coaches on staff, but you're right it all starts with Manuel.

Last edited:
I don’t wanna hear anything about we played ok or we did what we had to do. We played awful and got lucky. It’s time to get our heads outta our asses

Advertisement
Back