D'Eriq King - 31/41 430yds 5TD's at 75%cmp & 15att 105yds rushing
Mike Harley - 8rec 153yds & 2TD's
Mark Pope - 6rec 97yds & 1TD
Will Mallory - 6rec 78yds & 1TD
Dee Wiggins - 7rec 77yds & 1TD
Cam'ron Harris - 15att 62yds & 2rec 12yds
Jaylan Knighton - 5att 13yds
Don Chaney Jr - 3att 14yds

Gained 620yds (431 passing & 189 rushing) of total offense, ran 83 plays at 7.9 yards per play with 30 first downs, went 7-16 on 3rd down with 33:00 in time of possession.

Astronomical performance by the offense tonight!

Great job by King on pulling it from the Mesh point on that 4th down run on the first drive. King WAS ON FIRE!!! This was his best game of his career, he put the team on his back willed us to victory, this was the greatest single game performance by a Miami QB in decades. THIS IS WHAT I/WE MEANT WHEN WE WERE HYPING WHAT THIS KID WOULD BRING TO THIS TEAM IN THE OFFSEASON! King went straight GODMODE! And made a colossal effort to drag this team to another win.

Great teardrop throw by King to Harley for the TD, Harley also did a great job getting depth on his Corner route, he got the DB to overstep expecting an in route & broke him off something proper getting to the corner end zone pylon, great play call on 3rd down.

Mike Harley following up his great UVA performance with a game winning TD! He played his best game of his career tonight, his route running was crisp & precise, he caught every thrown to him & on the game winning TD had great balance staying on his feet & taking the quick slant to the house for 54yds! I was hard on him for his early struggles in the season but he deserves a ton of credit for stepping up & becoming our best playmaker in this WR corps.

Congrats to Pope getting his first TD on the season, he had a bad drop in 2nd quarter, but he made up for it in the 3rd with 2 very good catches. Just keep at it & keep working.

Thank God Dee Wiggins actually caught the TD on the Go route lol. He also had a bounce back game after not performing well for a majority of the season since FSU.

Will Mallory has done a terrific job filling in for Brevin Jordan, he's really stepped up & blossomed as the go to TE in this offense.

Chaney has a nice run early, Cam had a bounce back game with a couple nice runs late in the 3rd & 4th quarter

Lashlee showed up & called a masterful game, he kept us in this game without any help from the Defense whatsoever.

NC St got away with an illegal hold in the end zone on the drive to start the 2nd half on that 3rd down play in the red zone. Wiggins got clearly grabbed & spun around by Dunlap in the end zone.

The biggest difference between this year & last year is QB & OC that's why we're winning games.

The refs completely ****ed us on those goaline plays, they literally took 2 TD's away with a bullshìt "review" & called an awful false start. They also allowed NC St to get away with another blatant hold on Hodges.

This is probably the best offensive performance Miami has had since the 90's (I don't know that for a fact just guessing based of the production). For everybody that was doubting Lashlee & thinking he wasn't good, pay attention; HE LITERALLY TOOK OVER THIS GAME & WAS THE DE FACTO HEAD COACH, HE BASICALLY WON THIS GAME IN SPITE OF MANUELITO & BLAKE FAKER!

Legitimately the worst officiating crew I've ever seen in my life since the Ron Cherry days, they tried their damnedest to ***** us over.

Defense:

Jaelan Phillips - 10tcks 1.5TFL's & 1 sack
Amari Carter - 7tcks & 1PBU
Gilbert Frierson - 6tcks & 1TFL
Quincy Roche - 6tcks & 0.5TFL's
Nesta Silvera - 5tcks & 1TFL
Jared Harrison-Hunte - 5tcks & 0.5TFL's
Bradley Jennings Jr - 4tcks & 0.5TFL's
Sam Brooks - 4tcks
Te'Cory Couch - 1tck 1TFL & 1 sack
Al Blades Jr - 5tcks & 1PBU
DJ Ivey - 1tck & 1INT

Defense gave up a despicable 410yds total offense, but forced 1 critical turnover.

First drive was horrendous by the Defense, NC St just completely marched down the field & scored without any resistance. That would be the theme of the night, they moved the ball at will, literally up until the last 5min of the 4th quarter. Completely embarrassing performance by this Defense, they ought to be ashamed of themselves.

I literally identified in my NC St preview that they run WR Pass play with Thayer once they pass midfield & get into the 30. I knew they were going to call that play, Baker is a dumbass.

No exaggeration this is literally what I said word for word verbatim: Thayer Thomas 6'0 195lbs is their Slot WR, they throw to him a majority of the time on 1st downs, he's a short area Slot with good speed, he gets in & out of his breaks with quickness & an explosive player. He also can throw the ball well... Why does it matter if he can throw? Because they used him on multiple trick plays last year where he threw the ball on 5 WR pass plays for 2TD's (the QB throws him the ball on what looks like a Bubble screen, but then he throws it to another WR either streaking from the same Bunch stacked formation or a WR on the other side of the field running free after the Defense has bitten down on defending against the Slot screen). This season he's already thrown it twice. The Defense better be on alert for this trick play with Thayer, especially given Hockman being such a terrible passer himself, they'll be pulling out all the stops & 30-40yd WR pass play would be an easy TD if we're not prepared for it. Coach Baker, if I noticed this then you better have too!

Here's the link 👉🏾 https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/nc-state-preview.165186/

Bolden is really a subpar tackler, that's back to back weeks he's went in for a soft shoulder tackle & literally bounced off a WR. Plus the bad angle & missed tackle on the run by Person.

On the long run by Person in the 2nd quarter, that was just a flat out terrible play call, that side of the field was wide open because Blades was sent on an unnecessary Blitz & was ran completely out of the play leaving a **** near 20 yard chasm wide open for him to run through.

Secondary was awful tonight;
Blades on the pass to Emeka got worked on a post route on the first drive, then had an awful PI penalty & then in the 2nd half got worked again by Emezie on another Deep ball. This was his absolute worse game of the season.

DJ Ivey had no idea where the ball was on the TD to Devin Carter, he's a Boundary Corner that has no clue how to use the Boundary, the sideline is supposed to be an extra Defender for the Boundary Corner, but for Ivey WR's actually uses it against him somehow smh. Yes he got the INT late, but that doesn't excuse Blades & Ivey's play for the rest of the entire game.

Te'Cory Couch was the only DB that played good football tonight, he was the only one that had any fire in his belly & actually played like he got some **** sense. For the 21 class absolutely need a Portal CB.

Baker, Patke & Rumph gotta go! They weigh this team down both in their inability to coach their units consistently & their inability to recruit, they are net negative not a net positive & have done nothing but underperform their entire tenures at Miami. **** poor job by these coaches this season with their units.

What a completely idiotic penalty by Roche, that weak *** OL was clearly flopping like James Harden & he sold it to these overly litigious ACC refs that would throw a flag on every play if they could, but Roche has to be smarter than that & not fall for the obvious trolling by a soft OL, he goaded him to push him & it worked.

Defense looked lethargic & tired all game, they were completely sleepwalking & playing like they were uninterested. This was their worst performance since the Clemson game. Miami got cracked open & was pure Swiss cheese all game.

This team is still incredibly undisciplined, we had 8 God damned penalties in the first half & 12 penalties for 101yds on the game, that's as unacceptable as it gets. These players don't look at Manny as a disciplinarian figure that they have to respect, they just play recklessly & are plagued with constant mental errors, when they make a huge mistake he just brings them over to the sideline & coddles them. This team specifically on Defense are an overly chirpy bunch that plays unfocused & spends all game long talking shìt while getting slid up & down the field against teams that aren't phased by their trash talk at all. They think they're better than they actually are & don't realize they're not intimidating anybody with the constant yapping they do after every play. It's a sign of a team that has no authority figure at the top that can reinforce a standard & correct their immature behavior on the field.

Now let me get to the Baker man...

Baker called an absolute garbage game, again another player I identified in the my preview was their TE Angeline, they throw to him frequently in the Red Zone, so when NC St drives into the Red Zone, what does Baker do??? Sit back in soft Cover 3 Zone & leaves the TE unaccounted for, just like he does for every TE we play, Baker for some odd reason does not believe that the TE needs to be covered ever. He is a ****** horrendous Coordinator.

Baker has a wooden & laconic personality, he has no fire at all & he doesn't demand excellence from this Defense, his philosophy is just to barely survive while hanging onto a thread, this is worse than Bend but don't Break, it's give up as many yards & as many TD's as possible, aimlessly Blitz on every play & just hope something goes wrong.

He's a lazy *** nightshift security guard asleep in the surveillance room while the burglars are breaking in the building & stealing all the merchandise. He's a big ****** ZERO, a nothing, a poor excuse of a Corch & has entered into D'Noforio territory, he coaches Defense like he's an assistant manager at an Office Max, just Bland with no courageousness or tenacity at all. FIRE HIM.

On special teams, what are the odds that we would actually give up a ****** Kick Return for a TD, we usually literally boot the ball to the back of the end zone, but it was just pure dumb luck & ill-preparedness for us to give up a TD on Special Teams too. This team just figures out ways to shoot ourselves in the foot in those moments.

Overall, this was a spectacular offensive game, but we looked like a Big XII team out there, we looked like Texas Tech on Defense, that was a **** travesty. Thank God for D'Eriq King, Rhett Lashlee, Mike Harley, Will Mallory & the offense, they won this game for us despite having no Defense to assist them at all.

A win is a win & I'll take it, but it shouldn't have to require a Herculean record breaking effort by King in order to beat a team like NC St. This team needs to seriously pull their heads out of their own *** if they wanna survive on the road vs a good Va Tech offense, if the Defense doesn't fix the issues these last 4 games against teams that really have nothing to play for (except for UNC) are gonna be an arduous task to overcome.

Keep winning, but this shìt better be addressed ASAP!

Last edited:
Advertisement
View attachment 135104

Offense:

Gained 620yds (431 passing & 189 rushing) of total offense, ran 83 plays at 7.9 yards per play with 30 first downs, went 7-16 on 3rd down with 33:00 in time of possession.

Great job by King on pulling it from the Mesh point on that 4th down run on the first drive. King WAS ON FIRE!!! This was his best game of his career, he put the team on his back willed us to victory, this was the greatest single game performance by a Miami QB in decades. THIS IS WHAT I/WE MEANT WHEN WE WERE HYPING WHAT THIS KID WOULD BRING TO THIS TEAM IN THE OFFSEASON! King went straight GODMODE! An made a colossal effort to drag this team to another win.

Great teardrop throw by King to Harley for the TD, Harley also did a great job getting depth on his Corner route, he got the DB to overstep expecting an in route & broke him off something proper getting to the corner end zone pylon, great play call on 3rd down.

Mike Harley following up his great UVA performance with a game winning TD! He played his best game of his career tonight, his route running was crisp & precise, he caught every thrown to him & on the game winning TF had great balance staying on his feet & taking the quick slant to the house for 54yds! I was hard on him for his early struggles in the season but he deserves a ton of credit for stepping up & becoming our best playmaker in this WR corps.

Congrats to Pope getting his first TD on the season, he had a bad drop in 2nd quarter, but he made up for it in the 3rd with 2 very good catches. Just keep at it & keep working.

Thank God Dee Wiggins actually caught the TD on the Go route lol. He also had a bounce back game after not performing well for a majority of the season since FSU.

Will Mallory has done a terrific job filling in for Brevin Jordan, he's really stepped up & blossomed as the go to TE in this offense.

Chaney has a nice run early, Cam had a bounce back game with a couple nice runs late in the 3rd & 4th quarter

Lashlee showed up & called a masterful game, he kept us in this game without any help from the Defense whatsoever.

NC St got away with an illegal hold in the end zone on the drive to start the 2nd half on that 3rd down play in the red zone. Wiggins got clearly grabbed & spun around by Dunlap in the end zone.

The biggest difference between this year & last year is QB & OC that's why we're winning games.

The refs completely ****ed us on those goaline plays, they literally took 2 TD's away with a bullshìt "review" & called an awful false start. They also allowed NC St to get away with another blatant hold on Hodges.

This is probably the best offensive performance Miami has had since the 90's (I don't k ow that for a fact just guessing based of the production). For everybody that was doubting Lashlee & thinking he wasn't good, pay attention; HE LITERALLY TOOK OVER THIS GAME & WAS THE DE FACTO HEAD COACH, HE BASICALLY WON THIS GAME IN SPITE OF MANUELITO & BLAKE FAKER!

Legitimately the worst officiating crew I've ever seen in my life since the Ron Cherry days, they tried their damnedest to ***** us over.

Defense:

Sam Brooks - 4tcks
DJ Ivey - 1tck & 1INT

Defense gave up a despicable 410yds total offense, but forced 1 critical turnover.

First drive was horrendous by the Defense, NC St just completely marched down the field & scored without any resistance. That would be the theme of the night, they moved the ball at will, literally up until the last 5min of the 4th quarter. Completely embarrassing performance by this Defense, they ought to be ashamed of themselves.

I literally identified that they run WR Pass play Thayer once they pass midfield & get into the 30. I knew they were going to call that play, Baker is a dumbass.

No exaggeration this is literally what I said word for word verbatim: Thayer Thomas 6'0 195lbs is their Slot WR, they throw to him a majority of the time on 1st downs, he's a short area Slot with good speed, he gets in & out of his breaks with quickness & an explosive player. He also can throw the ball well... Why does it matter if he can throw? Because they used him on multiple trick plays last year where he threw the ball on 5 WR pass plays for 2TD's (the QB throws him the ball on what looks like a Bubble screen, but then he throws it to another WR either streaking from the same Bunch stacked formation or a WR on the other side of the field running free after the Defense has bitten down on defending against the Slot screen). This season he's already thrown it twice. The Defense better be on alert for this trick play with Thayer, especially given Hockman being such a terrible passer himself, they'll be pulling out all the stops & 30-40yd WR pass play would be an easy TD if we're not prepared for it. Coach Baker, if I noticed this then you better have too!

Here's the link 👉🏾 https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/nc-state-preview.165186/

Bolden is really a subpar tackler, that's back to back weeks he's went in for a soft shoulder tackle & literally bounced off a WR. Plus the bad angle & missed tackle on the run by Person.

On the long run by Person in the 2nd quarter, that was just a flat out terrible play call, that side of the field was wide open because Blades was sent on an unnecessary Blitz & was ran completely out of the play leaving a **** near 20 yard chasm wide open for him to run through.

Blades on the pass to Emeka got worked on a post route on the first drive, then had an awful PI penalty & then in the 2nd half got worked again by Emezie on another Deep ball. This was his absolute worse game of the season.

DJ Ivey had no idea where the ball was on the TD to Devin Carter, he's a Boundary Corner that has no clue how to use the Boundary, the sideline is supposed to be an extra Defender for the Boundary Corner, but for Ivey WR's actually uses it against him somehow smh. Yes he got the INT late, but that doesn't excuse Blades & Ivey's play for the rest of the entire game.

Te'Cory Couch was the only DB that played good football tonight, he was the only one that had any fire in his belly & actually played like he got some **** sense. For the 21 class absolutely need a Portal CB.

Baker, Patke & Rumph gotta go! They weigh this team down both in their inability to coach their units consistently & their inability to recruit, they are net negative not a net positive & have done nothing but underperform their entire tenures at Miami. **** poor job by these coaches this season with their units.

What a completely idiotic penalty by Roche, that weak *** OL was clearly flopping like James Harden & he sold it to these overly litigious ACC refs that would throw a flag on every play if they could, but Roche has to be smarter than that & not fall for the obvious trolling by a soft OL, he goaded him to push him & it worked.

Defense looked lethargic & tired all game, they were completely sleepwalking & playing like they were uninterested. This was their worst performance since the Clemson game. Miami got cracked open & was pure Swiss cheese all game.

This team is still incredibly undisciplined, we had 8 God damned penalties in the first half & 12 penalties for 101yds on the game, that's as unacceptable as it gets. These players don't look at Manny as a disciplinarian figure that they have to respect, they just play recklessly & are plagued with constant mental errors, when they make a huge mistake he just brings them over to the sideline & coddles them. This team specifically on Defense are an overly chirpy bunch that plays unfocused & spends all game long talking shìt while getting slid up & down the field against teams that aren't phased by their trash talk at all. They think they're better than they actually are & don't realize they're not intimidating anybody with the constant yapping they do after every play. It's a sign of a team that has no authority figure at the top that can reinforce a standard & correct their immature behavior on the field.

Baker called an absolute garbage game, again another player I identified in the my preview was their TE Angeline, they throw to him frequently in the Red Zone, so when NC St drives into the Red Zone, what does Baker do??? Sit back in soft Cover 3 Zone & leaves the TE unaccounted for, just like he does for every TE we play, Baker for some odd reason does not believe that the TE needs to be covered ever. He is a ****** horrendous Coordinator.

Baker has a wooden & laconic personality, he has no fire at all & he doesn't demand excellence from this Defense, his philosophy is just to barely survive while hanging onto a thread, this is worse than Bend but don't Break, it's give up as many yards & as many TD's as possible, aimlessly Blitz on every play & just hope something goes wrong.

He's a lazy *** nightshift security guard asleep in the surveillance room while the burglars are breaking in the building & stealing all the merchandise. He's a big ****** ZERO, a nothing, a poor excuse of a Corch & has entered into D'Noforio territory, he coaches Defense like he's an assistant manager at an Office Max, just Bland with no courageousness or tenacity at all. FIRE HIM.

On special teams, what are the odds that we would actually give up a ****** Kick Return for a TD, we usually literally boot the ball to the back of the end zone, but it was just pure dumb luck & ill-preparedness for us to give up a TD on Special Teams too. This team just figures out ways to shoot ourselves in the foot in those moments.

Overall, this was a spectacular offensive game, but we looked like a Big XII team out there, we looked like Texas Tech on Defense, that was a **** travesty. Thank God for D'Eriq King, Rhett Lashlee, Mike Harley, Will Mallory & the offense, they won this game for us despite having no Defense to assist them at all.

A win is a win & I'll take it, but it shouldn't have to require a Herculean record breaking effort by King in order to be a team like NC St. This team needs to seriously pull their heads out of their own *** if they wanna survive on the road vs a good Va Tech offense, if the Defense doesn't fix the issues these last 4 games against teams that really have nothing to play for (except for UNC) are gonna be an arduous task to overcome.

Great post LCE, any chance Diaz cans Baker before season ends? Probably not, but he deserves to be. The D is horrendous right now in all aspects. Kudos to King, and the O right now for stepping up.

Advertisement
View attachment 135104

Offense:

Great job by King on pulling it from the Mesh point on that 4th down run on the first drive. King WAS ON FIRE!!! This was his best game of his career, he put the team on his back willed us to victory, this was the greatest single game performance by a Miami QB in decades. THIS IS WHAT I/WE MEANT WHEN WE WERE HYPING WHAT THIS KID WOULD BRING TO THIS TEAM IN THE OFFSEASON! King went straight GODMODE! An made a colossal effort to drag this team to another win.

Mike Harley following up his great UVA performance with a game winning TD! He played his best game of his career tonight, his route running was crisp & precise, he caught every thrown to him & on the game winning TF had great balance staying on his feet & taking the quick slant to the house for 54yds! I was hard on him for his early struggles in the season but he deserves a ton of credit for stepping up & becoming our best playmaker in this WR corps.

This is probably the best offensive performance Miami has had since the 90's (I don't k ow that for a fact just guessing based of the production). For everybody that was doubting Lashlee & thinking he wasn't good, pay attention; HE LITERALLY TOOK OVER THIS GAME & WAS THE DE FACTO HEAD COACH, HE BASICALLY WON THIS GAME IN SPITE OF MANUELITO & BLAKE FAKER!

Defense:

Sam Brooks - 4tcks
DJ Ivey - 1tck & 1INT

I literally identified that they run WR Pass play Thayer once they pass midfield & get into the 30. I knew they were going to call that play, Baker is a dumbass.

A win is a win & I'll take it, but it shouldn't have to require a Herculean record breaking effort by King in order to be a team like NC St. This team needs to seriously pull their heads out of their own *** if they wanna survive on the road vs a good Va Tech offense, if the Defense doesn't fix the issues these last 4 games against teams that really have nothing to play for (except for UNC) are gonna be an arduous task to overcome.

All I can reply is “yep”. Great points.
Baker has to go if Manny wants to compete for Chips

@Liberty City El you are one of the best X and O guys here. And you know personnel. I’m decent so I want to get an honest take cuz I really have no idea: what are we actually trying to accomplish defensively? I see nothing we try to take away. We are beat by almost everything Pre snap! I don’t understand our coverage scheme, our gap assignments, our anchor points... nothing. Help me

Advertisement
View attachment 135104

Offense:

Defense:

Sam Brooks - 4tcks
DJ Ivey - 1tck & 1INT

you aint neva lied about Blake Baker!!

Advertisement
In all fairness, I can think of at least 3 penalties that should have NEVER been called. A couple more they didn't show a review of, but I can assume at least one of those was bogus as well.
Agreed but that brings the total down to 9 penalties which is way too many. No excuses the defense is too undisciplined.

Advertisement
at the end of the day it's manny's defense. his side of the ball, his scheme, his game planning, his coaching points etc. i assume blake baker isn't going anywhere but regardless it's on manny to fix.

a strength of manny as a head coach so far has been his attacking of problem areas. fired the whole offensive staff after richt and then basically did it again a second time. fixed the punting after the worst punting season we've ever seen. did the same thing w/ kicker. fixed QB this year too and finally got the OC right. i doubt we see such drastic moves on the defensive side of the ball because he has his guys there but all the same he needs to figure out how to attack it like he has everything else that was obviously broken.

View attachment 135104

Offense:

Defense:

Sam Brooks - 4tcks
DJ Ivey - 1tck & 1INT

I stopped reading at “GODMODE”...gave a like, and came down to to tell you you’ve been “GODMODE”.

Now let me remove your braciole from my mouth and read the rest of your post...

Great analysis. One thing you forgot to mention is the horrible play at linebacker. We need new linebackers. They are garbage. Unfortunately as for Baker, coach won't get rid of him. He has a relationship with him unlike when he hired Enos. Easier to fire Enos than it would be Baker. He really needs to think about spending more time on that side of the ball cuz VT and NC will handle us. They will run the ball down our throat seeing how we can't stop the run and VT's D is much better than what we saw tonight. ****, Wake Forest might get them some too if we don't clean up this D. It was quite pathetic tonight.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back