My Post Game Recap - NC State

Advertisement
Great analysis. One thing you forgot to mention is the horrible play at linebacker. We need new linebackers. They are garbage. Unfortunately as for Baker, coach won't get rid of him. He has a relationship with him unlike when he hired Enos. Easier to fire Enos than it would be Baker. He really needs to think about spending more time on that side of the ball cuz VT and NC will handle us. They will run the ball down our throat seeing how we can't stop the run and VT's D is much better than what we saw tonight. ****, Wake Forest by get them some too if we don't clean up this D. It was quite pathetic tonight.
They are bad but I really do think they are ****ed from snap. We are so badly aligned and out leveraged we would need 4.4 linebackers to scrape and get to the edge. There is something fundamentally wrong with what we are asking them to do

Advertisement
D’onofrio is Bakers inspiration. He needs to just be a positi

Lashlee can be better also.

Our starting WR. when challenged are awful with the ball in the air. If the WR doesn’t drop it or the QB overthrow it, it’s going to be a catch every time

Lmao at any one going to the draft that isn’t out of eligibility on this team

Advertisement
@Liberty City El you are one of the best X and O guys here. And you know personnel. I’m decent so I want to get an honest take cuz I really have no idea: what are we actually trying to accomplish defensively? I see nothing we try to take away. We are beat by almost everything Pre snap! I don’t understand our coverage scheme, our gap assignments, our anchor points... nothing. Help me
The goal theoretically is to cause havoc upfront & get the offense behind schedule & disrupt rhythm, they want to creat 2nd/3rd down & long situations, the problem is we give up like **** near 6-8 yards on first down so all the hyperactive Blitzing backfires because offense can see from a mile away where our telegraphed Blitzes are coming from & because we do know pre-snap audibles, all the offense has to do is hard count get a read on how fast we're timing the snap & run motion to check to whether or not we're in Man or Zone & then literally audible & signal a Hot route to the exact spot where the Blitz is coming from.

We basically tell Offenses, this is where we're coming from before the play & this is how many we're sending & because Blake Faker is an idiot he gives them a tell on exactly where to go with the ball where a Defender would be except they're not because they're too busy Blitzing unsuccessfully.

We do no disguised looks pre/post snap, we do nothing at all besides put our Defense at a disadvantage on every ****** play. Baker is a pure shìt play caller & doesn't understand how to properly run this Defense.

Advertisement
That unsportsmanlike penalty on Roche when that fat O lineman was sitting on him was bull**** too. Even their expert said so.
It was 100%.

But Roche's a 5th year Senior & has be smart enough not to take the bait, that prick Center of there's Grant Gibson was doing some NBA/European futból style flopping on that play, all Roche had to do was not touch him & they wouldn't have been able to call anything.

I do agree though that this officiating crew was HORRID! And it was clear they were trying to Ohio State us at every turn.

The goal theoretically is to cause havoc upfront & get the offense behind schedule & disrupt rhythm, they want to creat 2nd/3rd down & long situations, the problem is we give up like **** near 6-8 yards on first down so all the hyperactive Blitzing backfires because offense can see from a mile away where our telegraphed Blitzes are coming from & because we do know pre-snap audibles, all the offense has to do is hard count get a read on how fast we're timing the snap & run motion to check to whether or not we're in Man or Zone & then literally audible & signal a Hot route to the exact spot where the Blitz is coming from.

We basically tell Offenses, this is where we're coming from before the play & this is how many we're sending & because Blake Faker is an idiot he gives them a tell on exactly where to go with the ball where a Defender would be except they're not because they're too busy Blitzing unsuccessfully.

We do no disguised looks pre/post snap, we do nothing at all besides put our Defense at a disadvantage on every ****** play. Baker is a pure shìt play caller & doesn't understand how to properly run this Defense.

Ive never seen a dcoordinator give away his game plan as much as he does. I’ve never seen a defense get out leveraged as much as we do. We stunt and slant so much it’s like a free for all up front. **** blows my mind

I sincerely appreciate the fact that you’re willing to take a holistic view of the team and game rather than simply drop a “6-1 bro” like so many others on here. This is a forum for dialogue, a little nuance never hurt anyone...so thank you.

Yeah, the offense balled out tonight and it was spectacular...but I wish that more of you had higher standards than being okay with eking out wins vs average teams and allowing 40+ points to backup QBs. Like El said, half the defensive staff needs to be given their walking papers after the season and if it weren’t for King and Lash, Manny would probably be on the hot seat also. He simply doesn’t command respect or a healthy amount of fear from this team and it’s evident in our lack of discipline and demeanor.

Quality win but there is tons of work left to do if we want to finish the season strong. A 2-2 finish should be expected if we continue to play defense like this, real talk.

Advertisement

was he this bad at La Tech? I remember excitement because of they guy he had that was a sack machine. I guess what I’m asking was is this his MO or is this manny?

Jesus you can tell that Baker rant has been building up for quite a while.
I've tried to be as fair as I can, but the gloves are off now...

You know what I'm most ****ed at him about, it's not even necessarily his God awful play calling (even though that's more than enough), it's the fact he's from Houston & can't a recruit an incredibly talent rich region like Houston. Houston alone has 24 players in the NFL, that's just as much as Miami, actually more. Miami, Broward, PB, Tampa etc combined obviously have more, but Houston, Dallas & the East Texas region in general produce great talent annually & this ****head Corch has no access to any of them despite literally being from there & coaching there throughout his career.

Get him outta my face!

Last edited:
They are bad but I really do think they are ****ed from snap. We are so badly aligned and out leveraged we would need 4.4 linebackers to scrape and get to the edge. There is something fundamentally wrong with what we are asking them to do
I agree with you on that

Advertisement
Back