****My New CB Coach - Pat Surtain

Advertisement
Imo our next cb coach is going to be Pat Surtain. He just won another State Championship and it’s time for him to take his next step. He was very close to joining Saban a couple of years ago. There’s nothing left for him to do in Highschool. Let Rumph go back to AH.
Surtain will be a dog recruiter and make sure our cbs are technicians in practicing their craft.
Pat was not only very gifted but extremely smart. He would be a 360 degree improvement to Rumph. Thoughts?
**** him

Surtain and Rumph are totally different personalities. Rumph is a little cold and abrasive towards recruits, and Surtain is more affable. Surtain is a family man who has raised good kids. I think he coached under Rumph at AH, so no one knew how good Surtain was.

His defense this year at AH was really good this season, and I saw the impressive development of all his players. I think Surtain can flat out coach. Private high school coaches in South Florida do recruit players (make no mistake about it), and Surtain has been good at it. IMHO, Surtain will be a much better recruiter than Rumph
A huge upgrade. When playing Surtain was a student of the game. He’s breakdown film as good as anyone.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back