****My New CB Coach - Pat Surtain

Imo our next cb coach is going to be Pat Surtain. He just won another State Championship and it’s time for him to take his next step. He was very close to joining Saban a couple of years ago. There’s nothing left for him to do in Highschool. Let Rumph go back to AH.
Surtain will be a dog recruiter and make sure our cbs are technicians in practicing their craft.
Pat was not only very gifted but extremely smart. He would be a 360 degree improvement to Rumph. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Imo our next cb coach is going to be Pat Surtain. He just won another State Championship and it’s time for him to take his next step. He was very close to joining Saban a couple of years ago. There’s nothing left for him to do in Highschool. Let Rumph go back to AH.
Surtain will be a dog recruiter and make sure our cbs are technicians in practicing their craft.
Pat was not only very gifted but extremely smart. He would be a 360 degree improvement to Rumph. Thoughts?
F U and your ****** title

Advertisement
Lol his son is about to be a first round pick. When's the last time we put a DB in the first round? Besides burns
I know but I seriously hate Alabama and, more specifically, Saban more than anything else in football. I hate how people say he's the GOAT when he's the biggest piece of **** cheater of all time. He basically created the over the top SEC bag culture bull**** which is ruining the sport and I can't wait until he retires/dies.

It would defy conventional wisdom to replace Rumph with another coach who has no proven experience recruiting at the college level. Optimally, the next coach will be someone with a documented success of recruiting 4 & 5-stars. Realistically, we'll likely need to get someone who develops 3-star kids from a G5 or low-level P5 program, as we did with Likens.

I know but I seriously hate Alabama and, more specifically, Saban more than anything else in football. I hate how people say he's the GOAT when he's the biggest piece of **** cheater of all time. He basically created the over the top SEC bag culture bull**** which is ruining the sport and I can't wait until he retires/dies.

Alabama has always recruited among the nations best when not on probation..The main problem was middling coaches post Bear Bryant save Stallings

Advertisement
We'd continue to never get a kid associated with Rumph, unfortunately.

Isn’t his resume similar to Rumph’s? I thought we were looking for someone with experience at the highest levels

Advertisement
Back