****My New CB Coach - Pat Surtain

Just understand that this is purely a fan site for entertainment purposes only and keep your expectations low.
Then you’ll be ok with this. This is just another example of some nitwit with a puerile knowledge of ball on this level.
1608391298335.gif

Advertisement
Just understand that this is purely a fan site for entertainment purposes only and keep your expectations low.
Then you’ll be ok with this. This is just another example of some nitwit with a puerile knowledge of ball on this level.
View attachment 138317
Actually he knows what he's talking about, one of the few on this board

Unlike Rumph, Surtain played at a high level in the NFL. He would actually teach our corners proper technique. Recruiting? He can't be any worse than Rumph.

Advertisement
Take your emotion and think. Those other 2 guys are too expensive and our cheap university won’t pay. If u think Surtain and Rumph are the same coach just because they come from Highschool then that’s u.They are complete opposites. In the nfl Pat was one of the best during his time. Was a natural leader, extremely smart.

Miami paid Richt 5mil a year. They paid Temple 4mil for Diaz.

They can afford 400k for a DB Coach.

I know but I seriously hate Alabama and, more specifically, Saban more than anything else in football. I hate how people say he's the GOAT when he's the biggest piece of **** cheater of all time. He basically created the over the top SEC bag culture bull**** which is ruining the sport and I can't wait until he retires/dies.
How so?

Advertisement
Imo our next cb coach is going to be Pat Surtain. He just won another State Championship and it’s time for him to take his next step. He was very close to joining Saban a couple of years ago. There’s nothing left for him to do in Highschool. Let Rumph go back to AH.
Surtain will be a dog recruiter and make sure our cbs are technicians in practicing their craft.
Pat was not only very gifted but extremely smart. He would be a 360 degree improvement to Rumph. Thoughts?
I have missed feeling about Pat. I’m still salty about them destroying my alma mater Rickards HS. And we don’t get a lot of kids from AH normally.

Advertisement
At this stage I want all experienced coaches. In recent seasons we have had most success with experienced coaches

UM, bit on Rumph with no coaching/recruiting experience that was a mistake that we're still paying for. Plus, a lot of these kids are not loyal to anything but the bag. Don't think kids are going to flood to UM because he coached them on the prep level, we have proof that suggests otherwise. UM is not the appropriate destination for first-time coaches at this level.
Does Surtain have college coaching/recruiting experience?

Advertisement
Imo our next cb coach is going to be Pat Surtain. He just won another State Championship and it’s time for him to take his next step. He was very close to joining Saban a couple of years ago. There’s nothing left for him to do in Highschool. Let Rumph go back to AH.
Surtain will be a dog recruiter and make sure our cbs are technicians in practicing their craft.
Pat was not only very gifted but extremely smart. He would be a 360 degree improvement to Rumph. Thoughts?

Fuc&k him

Would rather give DVD a shot over Pat Surtain Sr. Meh.

Why don't we actually pay for a proven, solid, defensive back coach? ...and linebacker coach? ... and defensive coordinator? ...we ain't a poverty school. We can afford this ****.

I know but I seriously hate Alabama and, more specifically, Saban more than anything else in football. I hate how people say he's the GOAT when he's the biggest piece of **** cheater of all time. He basically created the over the top SEC bag culture bull**** which is ruining the sport and I can't wait until he retires/dies.
Sorry to say but Bama won't stop playing the bag game when saban finally steps down. Just SEC now, we need to bag up or be ok being mediocre

Surtain and Rumph are totally different personalities. Rumph is a little cold and abrasive towards recruits, and Surtain is more affable. Surtain is a family man who has raised good kids. I think he coached under Rumph at AH, so no one knew how good Surtain was.

His defense this year at AH was really good this season, and I saw the impressive development of all his players. I think Surtain can flat out coach. Private high school coaches in South Florida do recruit players (make no mistake about it), and Surtain has been good at it. IMHO, Surtain will be a much better recruiter than Rumph

Advertisement
Back