My buddy from ToS

Advertisement
Remember this:

"I drove by slowly and can tell that the Hard Rock isn't going to be ready on time"

Or several of these classics: "my buddy works as a contractor, or I know one of the project managers, and they're saying the Hard Rock won't be ready"

We are going to have to play in Orlando.

Remember those? There were dozens of them.

To be fair I think they did almost ***** that situation up. They were definitely behind schedule. Dolphins had to move a game to Orlando. Also OP is probably my favorite poster on this site outside of Dan Sileo.

To be fair, it was ready on time.

To be fair, every alarmist post last year, and there were dozens and dozens, many with "inside" information were dead wrong.

To be fair, "almost ******** up" - which is some made-up bullshīt by you - doesn't count. It was ready for our first game.

To be fair, you have no idea whether they were behind schedule or not as far as the Miami Hurricanes. Another thing you just made up.

To be fair, my whole point is, unless there is a more reliable source of information with specific credible details, people shouldn't worry about it. And even if it's late, so the fūck what, it's going to get built, end of story

While I fully agree with you about the alarmist BS, I think you're making it a bit too black and white. They were definitely behind schedule on Hard Rock and the Dolphins had to move a game right?

Not too worried about the IPF, but there is always a lot of nonsense that happens behind the scenes we never hear about. Hopefully it doesn't end up similarly to Hard Rock where they had to start working around the clock late in the process to have it ready. **** contractors...

Advertisement
And you're quoting a made up story by Cam Underwood.

Guess who's looking stupid.

Cam Underwood. I just spit out my coffee.

Great news. I forgot to take that article out and put the one I actually did quote..Matt Porter from Palm Beach Post. In the meantime try to comprehend Blake James bringing his entire staff with him to Orlando for a stadium tour 5 weeks before the opener. "Just in case"..

By the way..drinking coffee at 4:30 pm. Yikes. Proof you needed to wake up all along.

Miami Hurricanes focus on Orlando for stadium backup plan | Canes Watch

Wow!

Blake James wasn't even there. So you're wrong there. Also some of the people from the athletic department toured the facilities, not the entire staff. Wrong again. Finally, what they were doing was prudent, in case of unforseen circumstances, like a hurricane and the like.

There is no credible source, that said that they were behind schedule. Ever. Maybe they were in their internal timeline, but nobody has access to those, and you've never seen them, neither have I. So you're just guessing that they were behind schedule. Absolutely zero concrete proof of that.

So basically Matt Porter's article is just saying that a few people from the athletic department toured the stadium just in case the unforeseen happened and the first game had to be transferred. It didn't say that they were behind schedule. They were just being prudent.

So what exactly is your point?

Last edited:

Great news. I forgot to take that article out and put the one I actually did quote..Matt Porter from Palm Beach Post. In the meantime try to comprehend Blake James bringing his entire staff with him to Orlando for a stadium tour 5 weeks before the opener. "Just in case"..

By the way..drinking coffee at 4:30 pm. Yikes. Proof you needed to wake up all along.

Wow!

Blake James wasn't even there. So you're wrong there. Also some of the people from the athletic department toured the facilities, not the entire staff. Wrong again. Finally, what they were doing was prudent, in case of unforseen circumstances, like a hurricane and the like.

There is no credible source, that said that they were behind schedule. Ever. Maybe they were in their internal timeline, but nobody has access to those, and you've never seen them, neither have I. So you're just guessing that they were behind schedule. Absolutely zero concrete proof of that.

So basically Matt Porter's article is just saying that a few people from the athletic department toured the stadium just in case the unforeseen happened and the first game had to be transferred. It didn't say that they were behind schedule. They were just being prudent.

A hurricane might hit in September of this year...are they touring other stadiums just in case? NO? Not very prudent of them.

My point is..and amazing I have to explain it at this point, is that the deadline was very tight. Again, I am an adult. I have better things to do than come on a site full of strangers and say things just to say them. You suffer from severe trust issues. Divorced recently?

Almost time for your 4pm coffee break Dan!

What's the deadline on the IPF? Is there even an exact date? What happens if it's not completed by the exact date? Do we have to move games?

Advertisement
I heard they're going to practice in FIU's campus library if the IPF isn't finished on schedule. FIU president Mark Rosenberg was quoted "It's not like anybody at FIU is using the library. Might as well let Miami practice here".

I heard they're going to practice in FIU's campus library if the IPF isn't finished on schedule. FIU president Mark Rosenberg was quoted "It's not like anybody at FIU is using the library. Might as well let Miami practice here".

That's where Swasey watches the live stream from team workouts nowadays

Wow!

A hurricane might hit in September of this year...are they touring other stadiums just in case? NO? Not very prudent of them.

My point is..and amazing I have to explain it at this point, is that the deadline was very tight. Again, I am an adult. I have better things to do than come on a site full of strangers and say things just to say them. You suffer from severe trust issues. Divorced recently?

You've been humiliated, yet you keep coming back for more.

I know I'm stomping your dead corpse now, but you deserve it.

Yes, it was a tight schedule. You went from way behind schedule, to behind schedule, to tight schedule. Nice job of talking yourself down.

Reread your history of idiotic posts on this topic and feel the shame of being a clueless dolt.

Come better prepared with facts the next time.

Remember this:

"I drove by slowly and can tell that the Hard Rock isn't going to be ready on time"

Or several of these classics: "my buddy works as a contractor, or I know one of the project managers, and they're saying the Hard Rock won't be ready"

To be fair I think they did almost ***** that situation up. They were definitely behind schedule. Dolphins had to move a game to Orlando. Also OP is probably my favorite poster on this site outside of Dan Sileo.

To be fair, it was ready on time.

To be fair, every alarmist post last year, and there were dozens and dozens, many with "inside" information were dead wrong.

To be fair, "almost ******** up" - which is some made-up bullshīt by you - doesn't count. It was ready for our first game.

To be fair, you have no idea whether they were behind schedule or not as far as the Miami Hurricanes. Another thing you just made up.

To be fair, my whole point is, unless there is a more reliable source of information with specific credible details, people shouldn't worry about it. And even if it's late, so the fūck what, it's going to get built, end of story

While I fully agree with you about the alarmist BS, I think you're making it a bit too black and white. They were definitely behind schedule on Hard Rock and the Dolphins had to move a game right?

Not too worried about the IPF, but there is always a lot of nonsense that happens behind the scenes we never hear about. Hopefully it doesn't end up similarly to Hard Rock where they had to start working around the clock late in the process to have it ready. **** contractors...

There's a reason people don't hear about it, it's because we're on a need to know to basis. If there's a an issue we'll here about it 1-3 months before it was supposed be done because listening to fans about dumb **** like SFL construction delays for entire year is pointless.

Advertisement

Wow!

You've been humiliated, yet you keep coming back for more.

I know I'm stomping your dead corpse now, but you deserve it.

Yes, it was a tight schedule. You went from way behind schedule, to behind schedule, to tight schedule. Nice job of talking yourself down.

Reread your history of idiotic posts on this topic and feel the shame of being a clueless dolt.

Come better prepared with facts the next time.

I have been humiliated? LMAO. You seem to be the type of clown who takes this E-Cred message board thing very serious. Prayers sent your way.

IMG_2098.jpg

I work at the wellness center and the bridge next to the Schwartz center is closing Monday for construction. School expects football to be able to use the facility by June. Actual building won't take long to put up but offices and interior are where the main work will take time.

Advertisement
This building will go together in large pieces and once they get the slab poured and the plumbing and anything else that needs to go through it installed the progress will go a lot faster.

Site work and concrete work is the type of stuff where you don't notice much progress but once the building starts being erected it will go up quickly.Once that goes up you can have all the MEP people working at once .

Just because there's no building there or anything that looks like progress doesn't mean nothing is going on.

Now come October/November and you don't see a building either up or in the process of going up then you can begin to worry.

Remember this:

The hard rock not being ready on time was a real as they come threat at the time. Big money was paid to contractors to work overtime.

More bullshīt... prove it.

Show me how you know that "big money" was paid to have it ready on time. I want proof.

Otherwise every big scale construction project requires a certain amount of overtime. But only morons don't know that. Ask any contractor that's worked on a big project.

But I want proof of all this "big money" that was paid out. Otherwise you're just another clown pretending to be an expert that really knows nothing.

I love it when people come on here and spew shīt that they pull out of their asses. Just another opportunity to call out all the "experts".

When you converse with me, try and remember to not be a deuche next time around. My buddy's company was contracted out there and had electricians working day and night towards the end of it. Sorry I am not going to seek him out for papertrail proof so you may feel satisfied. Some more proof, and I am hoping that this will calm your deuche attitude down a tad, is that the Dolphins preseason game was MOVED TO ANOTHER CITY.

Idiot.

I agree to a point but most big construction jobs use the typical AIA Contract format which has liquidated damage provisions built in to them. ****, the AIA contract usually even allows for weather days so you cannot use the "it was raining" excuse on a consistent basis. A subcontractor can be charged anywhere between $500 and $1,500 per day (GC as much as $5000 per day) for every day they are late on the proposed work. Typically at crunch time, subs will pay their employees extra because if not, they will lose more $ in the long run via deductive change order.

Advertisement
Back