Multiple NFL teams inquired about Kuligowski

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Last week, Miami announced that defensive line coach Craig Kuligowski would be elevated to Assistant Head Coach along with his position duties. CanesInSight has learned that multiple NFL teams had inquired about hiring Kuligowski over the past month, but the D-Line guru opted to stay in Miami.

A source said that both the New Orleans Saints and New York Jets were interested in bringing Kuligowski on staff, but that him and his family are extremely happy with the situation at Miami and moving forward.

Kuligowski helped transform Miami's defensive line into one of the best units in the country this past season and has made a program-wide impact in just over a year on staff.

Advertisement
Awesome to hear Peter!

This program needs all these coaches to stay for a few years for stability alone. I of course know that it could only last so long because money is a very important factor but with Coach Kool staying, it also speaks volume about Coach Richt!

Go Canes !

Well-deserved promotion. Happy to hear that he is enjoying his time here. We have to be happy that this guy is on staff, there's going to be quite a few 1st round picks under Kool in the future.

Give him everything allowed by NCAA Rules...Pros are always gonna knock at this door when you're as talented as Coach Kool is...

Advertisement
Last week, Miami announced that defensive line coach Craig Kuligowski would be elevated to Assistant Head Coach along with his position duties. CanesInSight has learned that multiple NFL teams had inquired about hiring Kuligowski over the past month, but the D-Line guru opted to stay in Miami.

A source said that both the New Orleans Saints and New York Jets were interested in bringing Kuligowski on staff, but that him and his family are extremely happy with the situation at Miami and moving forward.

Kuligowski helped transform Miami's defensive line into one of the best units in the country this past season and has made a program-wide impact in just over a year on staff.

This news is down right heavenly!!!
L98Dv_s-200x150.gif

He strikes me as someone who would rather teach kids in order for them to get to the next level rather than take grown men who were mostly taught already and try to get them to do it his way... with that said I'm sure if an NFL team drops some MAJOR bags and we, for whatever dumb reason, can't field a national contender consistently then he will move on. So just like in recruiting kids.. win and he should stay imo lol

Last edited:
Advertisement
Imagine what this is going to do for recruiting D-Linemen to The U for the next several years. They already know about his coaching ability and his ability to pump out players to the NFL. This news also shows his love and passion towards The U!

Advertisement
It would be great if we could somehow keep this staff together for 3+ years so we can make a run at the playoff before they start looking to bounce to other promotions.

Advertisement
Do whatever it takes to hang into Kool. Best in the biz

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Future DC if Diaz earns his own gig?

Diaz isn't leaving, he's waiting for cmr to retire to become hc imo

We probably have 2 at the most if that good years left with Diaz. He'll be the first coach to go I'm sure. Coach Kool being a bit older is content at staying to replace Diaz as DC imo. I personally see Coach Dugans also leaving around the time that Diaz does with the relationships he's built down here during his time would definitely be a plus to his salary that's offered when I would only assume FSU, UF, Bama or UGA come calling.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back