Multiple NFL teams inquired about Kuligowski

It is good for both parties involved. Miami keeps a great coach and Kool gets his choice of some of the best DL's in Florida to work with.

Advertisement
We can definitely use that on the recruiting trail though. That he's being pursued by the NFL but happy staying here, to give blue chip DL the opportunity to be coached up and prepared by an XML caliber DL coach.

Seems like the kind of guy who doesn't want to move around a lot. NFL would probably be a lot more volatile of a job. As long as we treat him right that should factor into him wanting to not leave. Also having full decision making on his players probably helps a lot.

Future DC if Diaz earns his own gig?

He's been a position coach for the last twenty-four years. He's been a DL coach for almost the last twenty. When Diaz leaves it'll be twenty plus. He either hasn't been asked to call plays anywhere, or if he has he's said no every time.

With the amount of talent being stockpiled on the defensive side of the ball I would be very hesitant to potentially squander that by offering the DC job to someone who has never called plays before. If Richt feels he has to do it to keep him on staff I suppose you do what you have to do. But it shouldn't be an either or proposition where we can only have one. There is no reason that Miami couldn't have both an excellent DC and excellent DL coach.

Advertisement
What is very clear is that Shalala refused to spend the necessary money on sports. That has changed, so its highly unlikely that we will lose a coach for a LATERAL move.

I think college is way more stable than the NFL. He can stay at Miami with Richt a long time and not have to move around. NFL stands for not for long remember. I think the title and raise will help keep him here a long time.

I know in today's football we r used to seeing coaches bolt but who is to say that Diaz wants to be a head coach, maybe this job in Miami is his dream job, see VT defensive coordinator bud foster, some people aren't really cut out for the head man, see Randy Shannon and to an extent Charlie strong even lane kiffin.

Some people just are position coaches or coordinators, and the way richt is running this thing everyone seems happy, enthusiastic and feel somethings happening in Miami. I'm just saying maybe Kool is a college d line coach, and a great one just like Saban wont coach the nfl maybe he's happy being a great coach at a great school with a great leader in richt, maybe they are all along for richts ride and in 7 years maybe it's Diaz team, just maybe we can expect the best circumstances now instead of the worst.

JUST PLAYING DEVILS ADVOCATE to most opinions on here!

Advertisement
When, if ever, did we have an administration that held onto a coach that the NFL wanted? Man, times are changing in a big, big way.

Diaz isn't leaving, he's waiting for cmr to retire to become hc imo

We probably have 2 at the most if that good years left with Diaz. He'll be the first coach to go I'm sure. Coach Kool being a bit older is content at staying to replace Diaz as DC imo. I personally see Coach Dugans also leaving around the time that Diaz does with the relationships he's built down here during his time would definitely be a plus to his salary that's offered when I would only assume FSU, UF, Bama or UGA come calling.

Diaz loves Miami. It's his dream place to work. Fertile recruiting ground. Family here. It's Paradise. It's not all about money. Some people want to play their position and be paid well enough to keep them happy and feel like they are appreciated. Not everybody desires to be a head coach. It removes you away from direct contact with players. Richt found that out at Georgia. That's why he's back to calling plays. Being a head coach, you basically are managing all the coaches and dealing with a bunch of other issues. Diaz is good. He ain't going anywhere.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Hes meant fir this job. Well get to a point where were sending 1st round d linemen to the league every year

I know in today's football we r used to seeing coaches bolt but who is to say that Diaz wants to be a head coach, maybe this job in Miami is his dream job, see VT defensive coordinator bud foster, some people aren't really cut out for the head man, see Randy Shannon and to an extent Charlie strong even lane kiffin.

Some people just are position coaches or coordinators, and the way richt is running this thing everyone seems happy, enthusiastic and feel somethings happening in Miami. I'm just saying maybe Kool is a college d line coach, and a great one just like Saban wont coach the nfl maybe he's happy being a great coach at a great school with a great leader in richt, maybe they are all along for richts ride and in 7 years maybe it's Diaz team, just maybe we can expect the best circumstances now instead of the worst.

JUST PLAYING DEVILS ADVOCATE to most opinions on here!

It seems like CMR runs the team by specialization and only puts hands where help is needed. For example the defense is ran and recruited by the players Diaz likes and fits his system. Even the Defensive line is hand picked by Coach kool because they have the confidence in him. To get paid nicely live in paradise and really have control of your performance as a coach and the players you get to coach, it does not get better than that.

Diaz isn't leaving, he's waiting for cmr to retire to become hc imo

That would be an awful long time to wait (5 years imo). Diaz gets big time offers long before that.

What's your definition of big time? Honest question. We've seen what Coordinators go thru to get a big time gig. Be the best of the best at a power 5 school for a couple years, land non P5 HC for a couple years & then move on. (Herman, Fuente, Strong, etc).
With those 5 years included, that basically ends him back up at Miami.
Just playing devils advocate as I agree schools will start coming, but unless it's a favorable HC gig why leave?

Advertisement
Back