MSU Corner Julian Barnett enters portal

@htownkidd

Allow me to take u to the portal of yesteryear.

Everyone literally compares him to Tito “who was a backup” , he was “ much needed DEPTH”. The dl was in atrocious shape that year and he gave us a two deep. Not sure if you remember how thin we were.

Advertisement
I can’t call you a portal bust if you play every game if you were brought in as a rotation guy. I can’t call you a portal bust if you’re brought in to play cb and you play majority of every game unless injured.

The only busts are Tate and the butler kid.

The rest were either rotational guys , starters , or were studs. The portal has been very good to Miami. You might have expected better from some but we got our money’s worse out of all but two. A crapshoot is hitting on half as good players and half are bad . We’re far from that.

Last edited:
He's played just 4 games in 2 years at Mich St.

For a local Detroit kid to leave Mich St because he can't get on the field is a red flag IMO, HS ranking be damned.

I don't think we'd take a flyer on a kid like this, the Portal usually doesn't yield very good quality corners, but I'd still wait until next month & see who enters their name, I'm certain some better candidates will be available.

Advertisement

For a local Detroit kid to leave Mich St because he can't get on the field is a red flag IMO, HS ranking be damned.

I don't think we'd take a flyer on a kid like this, the Portal usually doesn't yield very good quality corners, but I'd still wait until next month & see who enters their name, I'm certain some better candidates will be available.
He's big and fast but something's off with him. I'm from Michigan and he seems like someone who ends up at CMU

He's big and fast but something's off with him. I'm from Michigan and he seems like someone who ends up at CMU
He’s not that fast and plays soft.

Advertisement

Doesn’t like tackling or hitting

He’s not that fast and plays soft.
He ran 4.5 in the 40 in his with a 4.2 shuttle and 38 inch vertical at one of the opening camps. He's plenty fast. That's not his issue. He wants to play wr. The new staff didn't like him for some reason. He's probably a coaster who who won't put the work in

He ran 4.5 in the 40 in his with a 4.2 shuttle and 38 inch vertical at one of the opening camps. He's plenty fast. That's not his issue. He wants to play wr. The new staff didn't like him for some reason. He's probably a coaster who who won't put the work in
I know his times. I know his coaches. I’m saying he doesn’t play fast. It’s why he looks so half *** at db.

Just because you put up good numbers testing doesn’t make you a good football player.

Advertisement
Just because you put up good numbers testing doesn’t make you a good football player.
Never said he was. Said he's probably gonna end up at cmu. Just said physical talent isn't his issue. He's been a bust who's bounced between wr and cb and hasn't done anything.

Looked him up and sounds like he got passed by a true freshman for starting spot....not sure that's encouraging.
I believe you, and my argument is not in favor of this young man whoI have never seen play, but with a new coach, MSU seems to be playing a lot of freshmen in what is either a true effort to change a culture or a built in excuse for why they suck this year. In either scenario its possible that talent and effort weren’t the deciding factors in who is getting playing time.

Advertisement
You can’t overlook the MSU staff change. Kick the tires here.

Advertisement
Back