MSU Corner Julian Barnett enters portal

Delaney had a pick against FSU, that alone puts you in plus mark. I think guys like him and T hill if they contribute are in completely different boxes than a Kennedy or Nnoruka.. Portal has been good to us for awhile..

A pick? Come on bruh.

I stand by what I said; 50% hit ratio thus far.

Advertisement
The portal has been a home run for us, especially since Manny has been HC. For every miss, we’ve got at least 3 hits. And this most recent portal class was flawless.

We will get our fair share but the key is going after guys that weren’t beaten out at their previous spot. Those are the ones to shy away from IMO.

We can afford to be very picky, the portal is going to be loaded this offseason and we’ve got to be seen as a top option for pretty much anyone we’d want.

Nnoruka was ***, so was Delaney & Kennedy. T Hill might have been one of the more overrated talkers we’ve ever had. Tate has been.....well.......

Osborn, Colbert, & now Phillips, Bolden, King and Rochè have been good.

We’re hitting about 50% on the portal due to this past group. I’m still iffy on getting kids who leave b/c they get passed up on.

Nnoruka came to provide depth because we were thin behind the starters and he did , he was a good backup that ate up a bunch of stats. He’s a win for what he was brought in for. Delaney struggled early but played somewhat well before injury. I wouldn’t call him a success but not ***. But we’d been ****ed without him because .....well....you know. No cb’s.

Advertisement
Against fsu.. I ever run into him, I would buy him a beer.. He good wit me, lol

FSU beat us 7 straight and that game went down to wire, any play made was a big impact! shout out to Delaney!

Lol; make sure u buy Langham & Rosier a beer too. I’m sure their play had a little something to do w us breaking the streak. Lol

Nnoruka came to provide depth because we were thin behind the starters and he did , he was a good backup that ate up a bunch of stats. He’s a win for what he was brought in for. Delaney struggled early but played somewhat well before injury. I wouldn’t call him a success but not ***. But we’d been ****ed without him because .....well....you know. No cb’s.

How many games did Nnoruka actually play in?

Advertisement
Played , he saw action in every one . He did what he was brought in for. That’s why I would call it a success.

To each it’s own. I wouldn’t call it a success. Not sure how u can say he was brought in for “depth” when the DL is something we are not low in depth.

Silvera
Miller
Harrison-Hunte
Ford
Bethel
Holley
Martin

That’s the interior alone. The guy had a solid Jr year at UCLA. He wasn’t just brought in for depth. Just like Kennedy, George Brown, Boulware or any other transfer is not brought in for “just depth.” He was pedestrian. U may be my bro; but I stand by what I said. 50% on the portal/transfer hit, and Nnoruka was ***.

To each it’s own. I wouldn’t call it a success. Not sure how u can say he was brought in for “depth” when the DL is something we are not low in depth.

Silvera
Miller
Harrison-Hunte
Ford
Bethel
Holley
Martin

That’s the interior alone. The guy had a solid Jr year at UCLA. He wasn’t just brought in for depth. Just like Kennedy, George Brown, Boulware or any other transfer is not brought in for “just depth.” He was pedestrian. U may be my bro; but I stand by what I said. 50% on the portal/transfer hit, and Nnoruka was ***.
Hunte Fr
Holley Fr
Martin? You put that ? Lol, calm on dude.

There’s only four guys there that can play , no way you role into a season with those four and Fr.

We had no depth , that’s awful lol. He was brought in to eat snaps and give the starters rest , which he did. He was never starting.

Advertisement
Hunte Fr
Holley Fr
Martin? You put that ? Lol, calm on dude.

There’s only four guys there that can play , no way you role into a season with those four and Fr.

We had no depth , that’s awful lol. He was brought in to eat snaps and give the starters rest , which he did. He was never starting.

***, Cribby.

LMAO.

Y

Silvera
Miller
Harrison-Hunte
Ford
Bethel
Holley
Martin

Btw plenty of guys are used in the portal for depth or to be rotational guys , we did it with the Illinois kid too at dt.

Did you think we brought him in to start? Honest question. I don’t think anyone expected that. We needed a veteran big body in here to help with depth.

Martin was a non factor and 2 of those guys were true freshmen. We needed him to provide depth and snaps as a 4th/5th and that is what he did.
Kennedy, Martell, George Brown were ***. I dont put him in that category. JMO.

The DT that we brought in from Illinois the year before him, same thing except I think he did a little more for us IMO.

Advertisement
Did you think we brought him in to start? Honest question. I don’t think anyone expected that. We needed a veteran big body in here to help with depth.

Martin was a non factor and 2 of those guys were true freshmen. We needed him to provide depth and snaps as a 4th/5th and that is what he did.
Kennedy, Martell, George Brown were ***. I dont put him in that category. JMO.

The DT that we brought in from Illinois the year before him, same thing except I think he did a little more for us IMO.
Exactly. The Illinois kid knew the real too, he was told he’d be in the rotation. Which was enough.

People think portal kids are brought it to start , that’s not true. Just like every free agent isn’t a starter. The dl is one area where you need bodies in the 2-3 deep especially at Miami.

So you think he came here to start? He knew that wasn’t happening we he signed.

@htownkidd

Allow me to take u to the portal of yesteryear.

Here’s the beautiful chit about The Portal:

If u bring a guy in, and he succeeds: You’re a genius

If u bring a guy in, and he sucks: He added depth, and ur a genius.

Whatever narrative u wanna spin, got dammit it works!

Advertisement
Back