MSN Sports Midseason CFB Playoff and Bowl Picks

[]_[]nique

Redshirt Freshman
For what it's worth, somebody thinks favorably of us. Can't say we wouldn't love to be in that position.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nc...l-picks/ar-AAtFwEW?li=BBgET5V&ocid=spartandhp

3. ACC

Undefeated: Miami

One loss: Clemson, N.C. State, Virginia, Virginia Tech

After last-minute heroics each of the past two games against Florida State and Georgia Tech, 5-0 Miami stands alone as the ACC's only undefeated team. In its quest for its first-ever ACC Coastal title, Miami has some tough games left -- headlined by Virginia Tech and Notre Dame -- but it's only road trips are to UNC and Pitt. The schedule sets up favorably, and the Hurricanes rank eighth in yards per play on offense and 22nd on defense. The ACC's other obvious contender is defending national champion Clemson. Yes, the Tigers lost to Syracuse, but they're talented enough to bounce back and run the table, although their remaining schedule includes tricky games against Georgia Tech, N.C. State, Florida State and South Carolina.
N.C. State would have to beat Notre Dame and Clemson in back-to-back weeks coming up, Virginia Tech would have to beat Miami and Georgia Tech on the road in back-to-back weeks and, well, Virginia isn't a realistic contender. Both N.C. State and Virginia Tech are clear contenders in their respective divisions, but it's also not hard to envision a scenario in which Miami and Clemson meet in the ACC title game in what amounts to a playoff play-in game.

Sugar Bowl (Jan. 1): No. 1 Alabama vs. No. 4 Miami

The Crimson Tide and Hurricanes haven't met since the 1993 Sugar Bowl, which decided the national championship. Alabama won 34-13. The prediction here is that Alabama runs the table and enters the playoff with a perfect 13-0 record, the No. 1 ranking and an SEC championship. The other prediction is murkier: Miami is awfully close to being 3-2 rather than 5-0, and although its remaining schedule is favorable, there are several potential losses. Still, this is a talented defense with enough weapons on offense, and if it can get to the ACC title game, neither Clemson nor N.C. State is unbeatable.
Of course, if Miami did get here, Alabama would probably win by four touchdowns, because that's what Alabama does.

Advertisement
Predict us to go undefeated just to lose by 4 Tds to Bama? **** no.

If we make it that far were taking that game to the 4th.

I'm gonna be nice. We'd get stomped by Alabama 42-0 with the problems we have right now, BUT it would be HUGE progress considering we probably shouldn't even be there with golden special like Knowles roaming around our practice field.

Advertisement
C'mon guys.

If we do play Bama it's gonna be a massacre. We're not at that level yet. Two more years.

We won’t get that far.

Clemson will bounce back big time and edge us in the ACCCG. Don’t be deceived by that Syracuse game.

I'll happily take an *** kicking in the national championship game this year. We get that far, best believe we own the state of FL in recruiting going forward and make the CFP AT LEAST three times in next five years.

Advertisement
Our fans are so dumb lol "Were not on that level". Wake the **** up. Yes we are. Who outside of Bama has more NFL talent then we do?

Advertisement
I'm gonna be nice. We'd get stomped by Alabama 42-0 with the problems we have right now, BUT it would be HUGE progress considering we probably shouldn't even be there with golden special like Knowles roaming around our practice field.

Yea I would 100 percent take an undefeated season, an ACC championship and playoff berth even if we lost to Alabama 100-0 in the Sugar Bowl

The fear is sad.

What fear? Do you realistically think a team with Robert Knowles on the field is ready for that kind of stage?

Lol, seriously. Don’t even waste your time.
But yes, people on this board and probably several other Cane boards do. The same ones who were screaming for murder after a slow start these past two weeks to FSU and GT, it’s amazing. Can we win the **** Coastal first before everyone begins to talk about going toe to toe with Alabama lol.
We are not even a year away from that and you are lying to yourself if you believe otherwise.

Would be nice. I'd be ******* elated if we just keep getting better as we approach VTech. I hate VT, they're solid, and I'd love to beat them senseless.

Advertisement
[]_[]nique;3039405 said:
... Miami is awfully close to being 3-2 rather than 5-0 ...

Everyone keeps saying how lucky we are, but we've actually been really unlucky, and still managed to get those wins. Most of what I'm about to say has been said before, but even Jimbo said in his postgame that that fumble McIntosh got probably shouldn't have been whistled dead, and as everyone has said the horrible cut block call, 5 starters out, and the freebie against GT. If we can correct a few mistakes, I can easily see us going 12-0 and heading to the cfb playoff.

I'll happily take an *** kicking in the national championship game this year. We get that far, best believe we own the state of FL in recruiting going forward and make the CFP AT LEAST three times in next five years.

Well, technically, that would be the national semis but still a step in the right direction if we were there.

Well, technically, that would be the national semis but still a step in the right direction if we were there.

Advertisement
Back