MSN Sports Midseason CFB Playoff and Bowl Picks

Advertisement
I wouldn't trade our starters for Bama's.

The important difference is quality depth. Ol' Saban is gray-shirting four-stars.

C'mon guys.

If we do play Bama it's gonna be a massacre. We're not at that level yet. Two more years.

Texas a&m lost by 8

Are you claiming we suck like Vanderbilt?

BC that sort of suggests you think Vandy would be 5-0 w our schedule right now.

Were on the right trajectory, are we at the same level of Bama. No we are not, Bama has an edge on starters on offense and defense, but we are not on their level of depth. Most logical fans should agree on that
If we go out in that game and have a slow start on offense, in all likelihood we are having to play catch up against one of the best defenses in CFB. Not a very good position to be in.

Before we caught up in who we face in the CFP, maybe we should concentrate more on upcoming games Va Tech 5-1, ND 5-1 and UVA 5-1

I don't care if we beat 'Cuse, UNC, and VT by 3 points total. No one wants to play a cold-blooded, battle-tested team. Not even Bama. JUST WIN.

Advertisement
The fear is sad.

What fear? Do you realistically think a team with Robert Knowles on the field is ready for that kind of stage?

Lol, seriously. Don’t even waste your time.
But yes, people on this board and probably several other Cane boards do. The same ones who were screaming for murder after a slow start these past two weeks to FSU and GT, it’s amazing. Can we win the **** Coastal first before everyone begins to talk about going toe to toe with Alabama lol.
We are not even a year away from that and you are lying to yourself if you believe otherwise.

The crying and worrying about a projected game more than 2 months from now is fear. Alabama is very good. We are good. I've also watched multiple games the last few weeks where good or average teams beat very good teams.

I don't see a path to us getting the 4 seed. Maybe if we lost to Va Tech or ND and wound up beating NC State for the ACC title. But most likely we're either undefeated and a #2 or #3 , or we're 1 loss and we're out (no media respect).

I am amazed at the bama fluffing going on here. You’d think they were the 85 bears. If we end up In the playoffs, you better believe we’d give them a game

Advertisement
Already the U "fans" are lining up waiting their turn to worship satan's nut sack. Saban Sucks and there is no way any one from S Fla should be even suggesting that jacka$$ wins any thing. :officemoon:

We would lose by 1-2 td to Bama but not 4. It would be a 27-19 type game going into the 4th IMO and then Bama would wear us down and win 37-to 22 or something. But as I said earlier I am totally fine with year 2 being either a loss to Clemson in the ACCTG or a loss in the playoffs to a team like Bama as again it is year 2 of the rebuild. Clemson and Bama are better programs and teams then us at this point.

I love my canes and I think we can realistically get to the playoff this year with some luck.

We are not on Bamas level yet though and those who think we can beat them right now are in for lots of pain.

Advertisement
The fear is sad.

What fear? Do you realistically think a team with Robert Knowles on the field is ready for that kind of stage?

Lol, seriously. Don’t even waste your time.
But yes, people on this board and probably several other Cane boards do. The same ones who were screaming for murder after a slow start these past two weeks to FSU and GT, it’s amazing. Can we win the **** Coastal first before everyone begins to talk about going toe to toe with Alabama lol.
We are not even a year away from that and you are lying to yourself if you believe otherwise.

The crying and worrying about a projected game more than 2 months from now is fear. Alabama is very good. We are good. I've also watched multiple games the last few weeks where good or average teams beat very good teams.

Didn't see anybody "crying or worrying." I've actually seen a lot of comments saying that'd be awesome. We are better than we have been but if you give it the ol' eye test and you look at our games and then you watch Bama play and think they are the same then you need new eyes. Rolling through VT, ND and Clemson would be an incredible step in the right direction.

But we aren't there yet. That's not fear that's logic.

Gotta say, best thing CMR did for himself and for us Caniacs is come back to the Canes. He's revitalized not only himself he has also instilled the Canes against the world spirit. I was not overly thrilled with the hire at first but it's clear now the team has bought in. I expect we will continue to improve, even through the injuries and current lack of depth because he has the team believing they can do it. We are ahead of schedule right now and are blessed with a favorable home field advantage this year which can only help our immediate chances to go deep into the post season.

Combine that with strong recruiting classes, indoor facility and stadium improvements and We're on the way back. Not there yet but on the right road.

Stomp Cuse this weekend and the traffic on that road will diminish.

GO CANES!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Would be nice. I'd be ****ing elated if we just keep getting better as we approach VTech. I hate VT, they're solid, and I'd love to beat them senseless.

Pretty much sums up how I feel. The way we've played the last two first halves? Yeah. That team can't hang with Bama. But that team probably can't hang with ND, VaTech, or Clemson either. IF...if we get our **** together and start playing 4 quarter football, the kind of football it's going to take to bring the above scenario to fruition, beating Va Tech, ND, AND the defending National Champion in the ACCCG...are you going to sit here and tell me that the team that accomplishes that feat loses by 4 TD's? **** that.

You get to that final game and ANYTHING can happen. I remember Penn State vs Miami back in 83 or 84. Dont even want to talk about that...

Would be nice. I'd be ****ing elated if we just keep getting better as we approach VTech. I hate VT, they're solid, and I'd love to beat them senseless.

Pretty much sums up how I feel. The way we've played the last two first halves? Yeah. That team can't hang with Bama. But that team probably can't hang with ND, VaTech, or Clemson either. IF...if we get our **** together and start playing 4 quarter football, the kind of football it's going to take to bring the above scenario to fruition, beating Va Tech, ND, AND the defending National Champion in the ACCCG...are you going to sit here and tell me that the team that accomplishes that feat loses by 4 TD's? **** that.

Assuming we start playing the full four quarters, it would be a good game. However, if we keep playing inconsistent and showing up for one half of football then we can keep winning in the regular season but that gets you blown out in the playoffs. Until further notice, we're fun to watch but we're not ready for the big stage

Slow down children. I know you guys like to project what might happen in the future but "one game at a time." We have 6 games left to the regular season. Based on our performance so far this year, games against decent teams are a challenge for us. I believe only games against unc and Pitt are definite wins. Games against Syracuse and Virginia are not givens but we should definitely win. Va tech and N Dame games are toss ups. Way too early to get excited at who we play post season. Relax and let us see how things develop.

Advertisement
Back