Moves are being made

Bottom line is this guys. We all know it here because of our interest but the admin is realizing how bad things are finally. From my understanding it’s a combination of financials, perception, and people deep inside the athletic department and outsiders pressing on how bad it is. And yes the athletic department culture, not all but a large part is toxic. It’s unfortunate it has to come this far but I’m optimistic based on what I’m hearing. It is VERY different from what I’ve been privy to and I’ve unfortunately seen and heard lots of troubling stuff going back to 05-06’ after leaving school.

Undoubtedly I’ll hear more as time goes on and will update accordingly. Above all keep supporting the kids who represent the university with everything they got. Unfortunately, because of the lack of try leadership at the coaching level, that’s not the case with some but is with many. Keep beating the war drums respectfully yet firmly with the admin and hope this ball continues to roll down the hill it is.

Thank you for providing great info!

Advertisement
And I think I told @nycane recently I’ve heard someone wants Jeff Hafley and was the ‘favorite’ of a prominent member of a big hitter on the BOT… at least I thought it was Hafley because they kept alluding to Boston College… until I just realized Chud is at Boston College right now lmao.

Won’t follow the program under Chud. Just won’t do it
I think we know the first two calls.
Chud always had supporters but I doubt that he gets it

This is certainly not a premier job as it stands right now. But, get a quality AD and administration in place plus make it known that the school is changing coarse and getting serious about providing infrastructure / resources to finally build athletics back up..... Yeah there would be serious interest to sign up for that.

Advertisement
I’ve heard little specifics when it comes to AD other than the hiring of an outside source to search. As for people’s reluctance with Chud. Understand Chud is an alpha who is comfortable enough in himself to put other respectable pieces around him in place, a la the opposite of what we have now. I think that’s vital. For anyone who played any reasonably high level athletics you know your interactions with the HC on a large team is minimal while the majority is with your position coach. Chud has more than enough experience and clout to put those pieces in place unlike the BS we’ve seen with AG and Manny. THERE WILL NOT be any Patke’s or bartenders in charge of the various units.

@SouthParkCane you are correct. This is not a prestigious job right now. And to be quite frank we do not have top level personnel either. Yes there are pieces, very good ones at QB, RB, and S. But let’s face it, when Jimmy Gaines looks like LT compared to what we’ve run out now we’ve got a problem. The bottom line is half measures WILL NOT work.

And as far as information goes it’s as solid as can be. Whether or not things change I can’t tell you. I can say the prez does notice and is not content on where things are.
People in the football community have a lot of respect for Chud. They say is the alpha of all alpha's type and would be a huge hire for us. What are your thoughts on him? Could he be a pleasant surprise should things fall through with Mario?

Advertisement
I still don't understand why you don't get rid of Blake now and then spend the rest of the season trying to get the new AD hired and in place. Then, you can sack Manny and conduct your coaching search with a better field of candidates who see a new regime and a new commitment to rebuilding the program. What are we waiting on?!?! I don't understand.

People in the football community have a lot of respect for Chud. They say is the alpha of all alpha's type and would be a huge hire for us. What are your thoughts on him? Could he be a pleasant surprise should things fall through with Mario?
You guys have REALLY got to stop throwing around the word alpha.

He was run out of Cleveland after 1 season as the HC - when has that ever happened before?! He hasn't coached since 2017 and had a 3 year gap in his resume before resurfacing with a made up title in Boston.

My resume isn't much worse than that.

Advertisement
Bro if Chud happens, I will literally put thousands of dollars worth of UM gear, shoes...every last thing I own in a trash bag on my lawn.

Whoever wants it, can take it.

I will then retire as a fan of CFB.
Care to explain why? Where is this Chud hating coming from? Are you a Browns fan? Just curious!

Advertisement
First let me say I don’t blame Manny. He was handed the keys to a super car which needed some work but by all accounts was on the mend. It’s not his fault he’s over his head. We’d all take the job as well. The understanding and promise of what was relayed by BJ and others who supported and facilitated the hire was contingent on conditions, first and foremost, the hiring and advising of someone who would walk Manny along in the journey of running the program. Performance will get both Manny and BJ canned yes. However, the failure to follow through with what was just mentioned will ultimately be the downfall. The failure to follow through in that guarantee provided by both of them has rubbed the university admin very wrong, including JF. Especially considering that Manny and BJ didn’t follow through with the promise out of fear of being exposed for who they are, i.e. being way over their heads. Ed was brought in post that promise not being honored as window dressing to cover this. My respect for Ed is beyond words. Again I will say firsthand he was not who those who received that promise had in mind. I’m not saying he’s done nothing, far from it. But the questions being raised on here of “where’s Ed”? “What’s Ed’s role” are completely a product of the window dressing of the position.
I always felt that Manny was in over his head. This explains a lot. Blake James should be booted out today.

Advertisement
Back