Tears Mountaineer tears

Advertisement
Advertisement
Think about this, Chris Anderson (who writes for a WVU website) is so angry about a kid transferring away from WVU football that he now sees fit to comment on a K-State basketball player transferring to UM.

Can't make this stuff up...

Not just that, but you would think a writer for 247 wouldn’t be so ignorant.

Every college has access or permission for NIL, whether they actually have someone that can fund it or not is another matter.

We’re not buying players anymore than anyone else is, we are using the same methodology and are sanctioned to do it.

What’s funny is where are the complaints about Alabama and Georgia and the other SEC/bag schools doing this when it was an actual violation.

Advertisement

Every college has access or permission for NIL, whether they actually have someone that can fund it or not is another matter.

We’re not buying players anymore than anyone else is, we are using the same methodology and are sanctioned to do it.

What’s funny is where are the complaints about Alabama and Georgia and the other SEC/bag schools doing this when it was an actual violation.

From a fan perspective, i can see the difference a little. Bama and Georgia were buying recruits. Everyone knew it but the NCAA did nothing about it. They weren't blatantly stealing players from other schools.....for the most part. That started a little with the portal but NIL has taken it to a whole other level with kids literally shopping themselves to the higher bidder, any school, leaving after 1 year even if they are starters at a P5 school. I'm not going to point fingers as a school like WVU and judge them bc many on this board were acting the same in the recruiting game for 10+ years. It's tough for a staff or fanbase to see coaches hit on an lesser recruiter kid and/or develop a kid, only to see him bounce.

I don't agree with what college athletics has become. It's taking a bit of the appeal away. I'm just glad Miami is on the winning side of it for once, after years of being scrutinized and punished for little **** while SEC, OSU and Clemson bankrolled player after player. How long that remains? We'll see. But i'll enjoy the ride while it's here.

And that's the core of his hypocrisy. He hasn't complained about Alabama or Georgia because...when has Alabama or Georgia taken a transfer from WVU?

But Miami is the bad guy here. All because Mesidor acted professionally and attended every practice and meeting up until he entered the Portal, and his demeanor never gave away the fact that he was considering leaving WVU.

WAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH...

Advertisement
Hey, @SportsTalk_304
B625A50B-9654-4429-829D-649786BFD4AD.gif

Don't forget the same school that threw batteries and cups of **** at Miami players in the Big East days

In the 96' game, they wouldn't let an ambulance take Danyell Ferguson to the hospital after He dislocated His hip, and they dropped a garbage can on Shannon's head.

When your state has a directional qualifier…. And no ocean view…

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back