Mostly OT: Believe it or not, the OC situation could have been worse (Iowa)

Shogungts

Junior
Premium
Mods move it if you need to, but Iowa was probably the only team this year that truly had a worse offense than us (relative to what is expected) scoring 17.7 pts a game vs our 23.3 and a good chunk of those points is from their D scoring touchdowns.

Their situation is hopeless as their OC is the head coach's son and for those of you that haven't been following, they just gave him a performance improvement plan that only calls for the team (not the offense) to average 25 pts a game next year and he will get a raise and extended 2 more years. This video sums it up in amusing fashion and reminds us that it could have actually been worse!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Mods move it if you need to, but Iowa was probably the only team this year that truly had a worse offense than (relative to what is expected) scoring 17.7 pts a game vs our 23.3 and a good chunk of those points is from their D scoring touchdowns.

Their situation is hopeless as their OC is the head coaches son and for those of you that haven't been following, they just game him a performance improvement plan that only calls for the team (not the offense) to average 25 pts a game next year and he will get a raise and extended 2 more years. This video sums it up in amusing fashion and reminds us that it could have actually been worse!

The situation at Iowa is akin to when Richt Jr was on staff…

Advertisement
Ferentz seems like one of the biggest pieces of **** ever
Gattis:

Watch This Hold Up GIF by Apple TV+

Advertisement
Mods move it if you need to, but Iowa was probably the only team this year that truly had a worse offense than us (relative to what is expected) scoring 17.7 pts a game vs our 23.3 and a good chunk of those points is from their D scoring touchdowns.

Their situation is hopeless as their OC is the head coach's son and for those of you that haven't been following, they just game him a performance improvement plan that only calls for the team (not the offense) to average 25 pts a game next year and he will get a raise and extended 2 more years. This video sums it up in amusing fashion and reminds us that it could have actually been worse!

Comparing offensive futility between Iowa and Miami is thematically the same as determining who is the taller midget.

Their situation is hopeless as their OC is the head coach's son and for those of you that haven't been following, they just game him a performance improvement plan that only calls for the team (not the offense) to average 25 pts a game next year and he will get a raise and extended 2 more years. This video sums it up in amusing fashion and reminds us that it could have actually been worse!

That chick is really annoying. I know all about this Iowa situation because I have a neighbor that is an alum. So what she is saying is correct, she just has an annoying sort of Midwest/valley girl type voice that grates.

Advertisement
AD should have a performance clause to fire him if he doesn’t produce so his daddy doesn’t have to pull the plug.

Great post. Iowa boosters agreed to this?

Pathetic

Advertisement

I thought Iowa got a new OC, Jim Svoboda

I'd coordinate some half back dives for her. To be clear, these would be very long and slow to develop.

There are no minute plays in The Empirical One's playbook.
I think I coined this name like I coined LCE. Can I get some kind of award or even a cookie for it?

Advertisement
Back