Most Under Appreciated Star in a Canes’ Uni

-Tremain Mack was the second best special teams guy we’ve ever had behind Hester. He led one year in KOR average and was a demon on blocked kicks. Solid safety, too.

-KC Jones is definitely a candidate. Absolute stud. Just undersized.

-Richard Mercier needs to be there, too. Undersized interior ol stud and the start of that Canadian pipeline

-Bernard Clark was a monster in some games but I think he gets overlooked.

-I always thought James Jackson was great (hey brother!) but he also got overshadowed by all the eventual studs

Advertisement
Ok. I got another one, James Jackson (21). He started at RB of the 2000 squad. He’s never really talked about around here, but he was a workhorse. Great athlete, as he was a 1st Rd draft pick in baseball (outta High School) IIRC, but chose football instead. We somehow forget about him and always show more love to the great backs that came after him. But he’s one of the best “all around” RBs to come through CG. 3rd round pick in 2001.
HIS BROTHER WILL BE PLEASED

serious note, good call.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
-People may not agree but I think Deejay Dallas was underrrated. He had trash for OC here but was always productive and an upbeat guy.

-also despite his weight problems i thought Tyrone Moss was also an underrated back here.

-finally I really liked how Colin McCarthy developed here. He was really good his last year here and unfortunately played on some crap teams.

Advertisement
Back