Most unappreciated Canes

No one mentions him because he didn't do anything in the league. Still, had a great year, Heisman finalist, 1st round draft pick knowing he'd have to sit a year. Very impressive.

When you say unappreciated I think of players like Quad Hill, Mo Sikes, ect.

Dude, are you forreal right now or just drunk or high??? I **** near fell out of my chair reading this.

McGahee gets spoken about in reverential tones. That guy was a weapon and by far the most dominant RB in America in 2002, and should’ve won the Heisman. He struck fear into opponents, because he great size, speed, quickness, vision and power. He was a prototype.

Many will argue for Gore, but I think he’s the best RB to ever play at Miami. He was special in 2002 - so special and spectacular he was STILL taken in the first round after shredding his knee.

He played in the NFL at about 75% of what he was before the injury, and still a long (10 years), productive (a couple pro bowls) and very good pro career.

Advertisement
Dude, are you forreal right now or just drunk or high??? I **** near fell out of my chair reading this.

McGahee gets spoken about in reverential tones. That guy was a weapon and by far the most dominant RB in America in 2002, and should’ve won the Heisman. He struck fear into opponents, because he great size, speed, quickness, vision and power. He was a prototype.

Many will argue for Gore, but I think he’s the best RB to ever play at Miami. He was special in 2002 - so special and spectacular he was STILL taken in the first round after shredding his knee.

He played in the NFL at about 75% of what he was before the injury, and still a long (10 years), productive (a couple pro bowls) and very good pro career.
Davenport was better than all of them..pre injury...His size and Speed was ridiculous...As far as McGahee the best RB at UM ever...Im not completely sold on that...Top 2-3??...Absolutely...better than Edge?? or OJ??....Mannnnn...I don't know...OJ played on some Horrific teams...If OJ would've played on some later UM teams 81-87...He would've been an AA....

Tremain Mack, a baller in every sense of the word. He was electric returning kicks and a playmaker.

Also Rusty Medearis before his injury was lights out. Dude was the truth!

Kevin Williams was a bullet. Dude had rockets on his feet. Great return man.

Last but not least, Scott Covington. That last year under Butch and company, kid put it all together. Especially in the 2nd half of the season. Wish that we could have had him and Edge for 1 more season.
Happened to be in Morgantown for “The Block” one of best plays ever. People were in shock, feared they’d burn down the town! Good call! Rusty was always recognized, tremendous motor and skills off the edge.

Advertisement
For holding Miami’s all time single season receiving record ... Allen Hurns doesn’t get a ton of love.

Liked the quad Hill and Chris Campbell answers.

The only true answer to this however is ... Dan Sileo

Rusty was always recognized, tremendous motor and skills off the edge.

He was an absolute animal.

The problem is that he gets forgotten by the older guys and never was known by the younger guys. He never got a chance to win awards or to have a stellar NFL career because of what happened to his knee. It's a dirty shame. But pre-injury, he was becoming a household name. In my mind, I can still hear Keith Jackson on a broadcast blurting out, "Rust-UH Muh-Dear-Us!!!"

Davenport was better than all of them..pre injury...His size and Speed was ridiculous...As far as McGahee the best RB at UM ever...Im not completely sold on that...Top 2-3??...Absolutely...better than Edge?? or OJ??....Mannnnn...I don't know...OJ played on some Horrific teams...If OJ would've played on some later UM teams 81-87...He would've been an AA....

OJ is #1 in my list. Played on terrible teams and still was 8th overall pick in the NFL draft. Outstanding NFL career.

Imagine if Edge started 2000-2002.

Advertisement
Richard Mercier and Ty Wise. Those two were the two that started the great lines at Miami in the late 90s, early 00s. Unreal work ethic. Mercier might have been the best pulling guard I have ever seen at UM. Dude was a mauler.

Fitz NT battle with All American center Dave Remington was a classic , boys it was a bloody battle of epic proportions, Fitz was told there are NO reinforcements coming you MUST HOLD at all costs.

Fitz wore Army battle fatigues in pregame , Dave knew it was on for 4 quarters with Fitz half the size of Dave mortal battle for the ages it was.

GOCANES
It wasnt Rimington...Rimington went Pro the yr before...it was Bill Lewis...and Mark Traynewitz...Rimington was a Rookie on the Bengals in 83...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Richard Mercier and Ty Wise. Those two were the two that started the great lines at Miami in the late 90s, early 00s. Unreal work ethic. Mercier might have been the best pulling guard I have ever seen at UM. Dude was a mauler.
My former wife and Myself were friends with the Wise's...(Ty from Pensacola...we lived in FWB) we used to bring him care packages on our trips to UM.

Advertisement
Yeah I recall that OL. Dorsey could’ve taken a vaca to Aruba and back and still have time to dance around a bit before throwing. Man, if we can get this year’s version to play 60-70% like that OL did we’ll be killing it on Saturdays

They put in a whole lot of extra work on their own time to excel..an unbelievable amount....they took tremendous pride in doing their jobs....and always came prepared to dominate

Seems blasphemous to put a Blades on here but, Al Blades as well. He helped change the culture and brought back the attitude that set up the dominance of the early 00's.

Advertisement
Back