Most loaded miami team in the last decade

One thing I love about this team is, no matter who we lose after the season, our team next year will be just as nasty if not better. Our title hopes don't hinge on this year. Under Richt, we won't ever have to rebuild, it will always be about reloading. We can win this year, next year, then next year, then....

Advertisement
Let me translate: “I have my own definition of top 10 team so I will argue that Miami, which is ranked 8th in the preason polls and spent a large portion of last season ranked in the top 10, isn’t a top 10 team.”

Or there's something called common sense and objectivity and using your brain rather than looking at numbers on a piece of paper.

Florida was ranked for almost half the season last year. Think they fell out in Week 7. So were they a Top 25 team? They weren't a Top 60 team. The fact that people think the little number next to your name in Monday's paper is how good you are is hilarious.

If I'm not mistaken MJ was given a terrible grade by the NFL, late rounds to UFA. How will this change so drastically from last year to this?

They only give out 2 grades 1st or 2nd round so I doubt That. Regardless I’ve seen him on several first round mocks this week along in addition to the previous ones

Advertisement
We have the best back 7 in the nation on D and we have to be top 3 in offensive skill positions (sans QB)

Yeah. We are probably the most loaded we've been in a decade. It'll even be more loaded next year too.

Scary thought.

Excited for the season man...
Potentially looking at 2-4 1st rounders on defense, 1 on offense in richards and then all the guys after that who will get drafted but probably not in the first 2 rounds. Loaded freshman class with talented upperclassmen and underclassmen. Man it feels good

Im 24 and I can Say I haven’t seen Miami be in this good of shape as a program since 03-04 season.
I really like our defense, but there are no AJ Highsmith, Fentress, Kacy Rogers type guys on this roster

We aren't better than last year's team. We don't have the same DL depth and we have OL issues to go along with no TE to speak of outside of two kids that we are depending on. Oh yeah, and Rosier completes about 50% of his passes and he's going to start. I think we over achieved/got lucky last year and won 2 games (FSU and GT) that we shouldn't have and what should have been an 8 or 9 win team turned into a 10 win team. I also don't think we are going to generate 31 turnovers on defense and we will give up more than last year and score much less. Probably 8 or 9 wins

Obviously not the popular opinion, but I agree with most of this. My one disagreement is mainly with the wording on part of it. We should've best FSU and GT, in fact we did, bit it shouldn't have been close. The way that game ended though, we we're lucky to win. Perhaps that's what you meant.

Either way, we do have talent, untested, but with potential. Day one, I think we aren't as talented, but as the season progresses, quite possibly more talented this year. We have a lot of holes to fill.

Advertisement
last few seasons Miami has had its fair share of draft picks(most of whom have made rosters) but I think the difference is now starting with this senior class is that you'll see more guys get drafted in the 1st and early rounds, as opposed to the last day

There really has been an upgrade of talent across the board in Coral Gables since Richt took over

Advertisement
I'll smoke sumptin witcha!
You got it dude!
aqw.gif

There is a good amount of talent on this team no doubt. We also had a ton of talent Duke Johnson’s junior year and we a had an OL with NFLers.

I’d say that team and this current team have the most talent in quite some time. But I don’t see the 2-4 1st rounders in D. I’m assuming you are referring to JJ, JJ4, MJ, and Quarterman?

I agree that team had a lot of talent , a very underachieving team but talent wise it was pretty good.
Think the biggest difference now is overall leadership, mentality, and competition. this is The U we’ve had talent .. but Im cautiously optimistic this team Is truly different, and ready to takeover.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back