Most explosive Miami rb ever?

Advertisement
Gore had super speed and could get there in a mili second, saw him "house" a TD before knee issues ran away easily, have not seen anything close to that till i saw H.Ruggs from Bama this year

I didn't keep up with Bama this year, but I'll take your word for it, and the fact that frank gore was still ballin last year and this long after those injuries along with I think he's sitting at #3 all time in rushing yards, just goes to show how much talent he really had no still has!

I agree with everything you're saying but since majors JJ did learn. What Vinny did had nothing to do with JJ or the OC. Vinny was throwing to who HE was supposed to at those moments. I know to most that sounds a lil crazy. But Vinny was all about Vinny. He was a gambler if you can see the irony in that.
Lots of big time arm QBs are like that, so that is not crazy. Are you saying that JJ and OC were not calling the plays? QBs back did called more plays that today but hard for me to believe control beast like JJ would keep letting QB call pass plays in red zone when Highsmith was killing them with the run. I always assumed JJ or OC would call the plays at moments like that.

Advertisement
I didn't keep up with Bama this year, but I'll take your word for it, and the fact that frank gore was still ballin last year and this long after those injuries along with I think he's sitting at #3 all time in rushing yards, just goes to show how much talent he really had no still has!
no question, of all the UM backs liked Willis the best, had that ability to wait for the crease and boom!
Willis 8,400 rush yards Gore 15,347......

no question, of all the UM backs liked Willis the best, had that ability to wait for the crease and boom!
Willis 8,400 rush yards Gore 15,347......

Can't go wrong with willis, just another part of the Beauty of UM football!

Lots of big time arm QBs are like that, so that is not crazy. Are you saying that JJ and OC were not calling the plays? QBs back did called more plays that today but hard for me to believe control beast like JJ would keep letting QB call pass plays in red zone when Highsmith was killing them with the run. I always assumed JJ or OC would call the plays at moments like that.
Marino did the same Crap to JJ.....Change the plays that JJ sent in....That was common knowledge...Marino was a Shula guy....They never saw eye to eye...Marino wanted to Throw 70 times a game....JJ wanted to Establish a Run game.....

Advertisement
You are talking NFL combine. pro days are on campus
Pro Days they use Hand held stop watches...completely different than the combine times....Even with Hand held...Portis never ran a 4.2 40....Period...
If ANY UM RB ran a 4.2...it would have been Al Shipman....He would've left Portis in the Dust....That I promise you....Randall Hill ran a 4.28 Combine if irc....

There isn't a RB (Not WR) in UM History...that would beat Froggy in a 40.....E.N.D O.F S.T.O.R.Y......Not Portis...Mcgahee...or anyone else....

Advertisement
Nah. I'm not saying Vinny was calling the plays. I'm saying everyone didn't have the same plan. 2 people had their own agendas in that game.

I've been to 6 UM Pro Days...once with Devin Hester....NO Cane EVER ran a 4.2 at ANY Pro Day....Stop the Sheer Stupidity.....
Nah. At pro days we've had several dudes in 4.2 range. AC was one of them most recently. What we've only had once is a I'm dude run a 4.2 is during combine. At pro days we used to get some crazy times. Same dude that had one scout clock him at 4.31 had the scout next to him at a 4.5 very flawed system for them. But at the same point we get to understand it's not about the time in itself. It's more a measure of a visual assessment of if a kid has the kind of wheels being reported.

Nah. At pro days we've had several dudes in 4.2 range. AC was one of them most recently. What we've only had once is a I'm dude run a 4.2 is during combine. At pro days we used to get some crazy times. Same dude that had one scout clock him at 4.31 had the scout next to him at a 4.5 very flawed system for them. But at the same point we get to understand it's not about the time in itself. It's more a measure of a visual assessment of if a kid has the kind of wheels being reported.
Portis at a 4.2??....Hard to believe D....

Advertisement
@dsddcane....A perfect example why I scoff at Pro Day times...in comparison to Combine times....Big time discrepancy from a 4.3 to a 4.5......And I have never cared about Track times vs On the Field (Turf times)....I couldn't care less what a FB Player runs on a Track...I care about what he runs on Turf....Hence why I'm a Froggy Guy on Turf....and as you know better than anyone on this board...Froggy could Blaze on a Track as well....

Portis at a 4.2??....Hard to believe D....
You gotta remember it's handheld brother. I don't remember his pro day results myself cause I was busy with my own stuff. But I remember when we all got to the league he kept ragging us that he had the best times out of any of us. I forget if he said 4.24, 4.26 or 4.28. but I know he said one of those times. To this day that ****** won't let us forget it. So I wouldn't be surprised if he did put that up. Remember it's a very unreliable system. AC ran a 4.25 and he'll tell you his **** self his regular laser time is between 4.38 and 4.41
**** at pro day I ran a 4.41 and we both know **** well I wasn't putting that up if it was lasered.

Advertisement
Back