Most explosive Miami rb ever?

Slow Mo.gif

I also wanted to add that I am extremely explosive myself. Ask my bathroom.

Advertisement
To think what OJ was able to do on some Garbage *** UM teams makes it more Astounding....He didn't have the Luxury of running behind anything like any of the others had....out of all the Elite RBs in UM History....OJ was the recipient of having the worst OLs....
So what’s a fair place to rank him? I saw him play for the NY Giants but by then he was powerful but not breaking off any long runs. So from that memory it’s easy for me to see him as a predecessor to Edge’s powerful running style, but i can’t mentally compare the Anderson I saw play in the NFL to the McGahee or Gore I saw play at UM.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Last edited:
Miller ran 4.40 at the combine, not 4.34. FYI you shouldn't believe everything you read on 247

Every other player they posted on that list had their official nfl combine times listed correctly so weird mistake with miller’s time on their part. And FYI miller still is fast af 4.34 40 or not 🤷🏾‍♂️

Last edited:
Remember everyone was talking about how fast Rocket was??.....Randall Hill was Faster, and proved it at the Combine...

To be fair, Rocket didn't attend the combine. He did however run 4.28 at a pre-draft workout. I'm a Thrill HIll fan, but there's no way in **** he's faster than Rocket Ismail. He's also not faster than Kevin Williams who ran 4.28, and is one of the fastest WRs in program history.

Here's the Rocket makin a house call against HOF CB Champ Bailey, who ran 4.28 himself

Last edited:
Advertisement
While you can't go wrong with miller for sure, the most explosive in my opinion was frank gore pre-injuries, when I first saw him run I said way back when, he's the best runningback at UM of all time. After him, I got duke and an argument can be made for danyell ferguson, but miller is on the list!

Can’t forget Edge.

I forgot how **** fast he was.

I always remembered how he hit the hole hard, broke a million tackles, and NEVER got pushed backwards.

But he could FLY. Rewatched his highlights and he would outrun guys who had the angle on him. You underestimate just how explosive he was because his stride was so smooth and easy.

When it comes to explosion I have to say Duke. Kid would explode through a hole and then make 5 guys miss lol

Lamar Miller probably the fastest

Edge my favorite UM rb of all time though!

Advertisement
Miller is a great choice. But he was a little more hit a crease and he's gone. My choice is Portis. He's probably the best combination of shifty ability and knack for finding his way to the open field and then speed to finish it off. Watch these highlights, some of you might be surprised...dude was EXPLOSIVE. I don't think any of the other rbs have this many long explosive runs on their highlights.

I think Portis was our most patient RB in terms of following blocks and letting the crease develop. You don't see many backs with that ability because it requires elite acceleration, not to mention vision.

I think Portis was our most patient RB in terms of following blocks and letting the crease develop. You don't see many backs with that ability because it requires elite acceleration, not to mention vision.
When you run behind an OL like that...you can afford to be patient....OJ...and others like Foreman (who @dsddcane pointed out) had No patience to be patient....Lol

Advertisement
Can’t forget Edge.

I forgot how **** fast he was.

I always remembered how he hit the hole hard, broke a million tackles, and NEVER got pushed backwards.

But he could FLY. Rewatched his highlights and he would outrun guys who had the angle on him. You underestimate just how explosive he was because his stride was so smooth and easy.

Truth spoken, another part of the beauty and Greatness of UM, edge definitely blowed past people with ease, it seemed like he had almost perfect upper body track form, not much wasted movement but his feet was moving like ducks gliding on water. Talking bout not getting pushed back, I use to luv watching Indianapolis play Pittsburgh and watch edge consistently dish rag troy polamalu, was consistently a mismatch, lol!

Advertisement
Back