Most explosive Miami rb ever?

Advertisement
Shipman would Roast all of them...

When I would go to Palm Beach Lakes on Wednesdays to practice (they had an open track night when I was in high school), Shipman would come out there. He's not in that kind of shape anymore, but neither are most.

When I would go to Palm Beach Lakes on Wednesdays to practice (they had an open track night when I was in high school), Shipman would come out there. He's not in that kind of shape anymore, but neither are most.
Maybe not now...but not only was he roasting peeps at UM while playing there...but even after he left, he'd come back and Spank them again....Froggy took everyones $$$$....Santana...Kevin Williams...Hester...etc...

Advertisement
Hesters came in bigger games against more legit opponents than Duke....

Definitely - Hester's returns vs Florida & Louisville were legendary.

Not trying to say Duke was as good as Hester. Just reminding people that Duke was also an explosive kick returner - the best since Hester by far.

Hester also had the benefit of playing on much better Miami teams. Big plays are always going to feel bigger when we actually win the game.

Example - 2012 vs UVA. Duke has 16 carries for 150 yds. Has a 52 yd run. Passes for a TD. Has 95 yd TD on a kick return. Has another 59 yd return.

But we lose 41-40, so Duke's monster game just gets forgotten. But he had 22 touches for 380 yds & 2 TD's.

In a 40 Froggy would roast him...Stop it...you have no idea what your talking about....He roasted Hester...Kevin Williams...Santana and a Host of others...ask @dsddcane if thats not a Fact...
Miller is faster than Hester. Moss ran a 4.31 40 at 180 pounds, Miller Ran a 4.34 40 at 212 pounds at the combine..

like I said Miller wouldn’t get dusted, can’t see that happening

Miller is faster than Hester. Moss ran a 4.31 40 at 180 pounds, Miller Ran a 4.34 40 at 212 pounds at the combine..

like I said Miller wouldn’t get dusted, can’t see that happening
CaneinOrlando gives Absolutely No Fs about Track times....Im talking on turf....If you can smoke Hester and Santana back to back the same day...thats all that needs to be said...and this was 8yrs after Froggy left UM...

Advertisement
I KNOW HIS BROTHER.

I'm from Punta Gorda, played against his Uncle Walter James (Who had a shot with the Dallas Cowboys when my HS teammate Burton Lawless was with them), and two of my kids played against nephews in HS, my youngest in Pop Warner too. E was here at a game in Tarpon Stadium posing for pics with people, signing autographs - everybody loved him. That family has the RB gene.

Remember...Froggy was a DB at UM in 92....then in 93 became a RB...(Actually a FB at 5'9 175lbs).....I never saw any UM player, regardless of position, Hit the Edge Faster....

I'm from Punta Gorda, played against his Uncle Walter James (Who had a shot with the Dallas Cowboys when my HS teammate Burton Lawless was with them), and two of my kids played against nephews in HS, my youngest in Pop Warner too. E was here at a game in Tarpon Stadium posing for pics with people, signing autographs - everybody loved him. That family has the RB gene.
I think we’re talking about James Jackson the RB from the Muck but that’s pretty call. I remember Burton Lawless. I was a kid when he played.

Advertisement
To not put OJ on the Explosive UM RB list is a complete joke....he'd have been the Most Explosive if he had the luxury of playing on later UM teams...Watch his UM Highlights, and then tell me he shouldn't be on the list...
Did you actually read the final line of my post which acknowledges that I lack the ability to tae Anderson from never having seen him play at UM? Cleary not.
And watching highlights is not the same as actually watching a person play in a game where you also see the little things. I don't rank anyone from watching highlights.
So rather than create an argument between us that does not need to exist, since you saw Anderson play at UM, you rank hm and place him where he needs to be. And I will defer to your judgement

Did you actually read the final line of my post which acknowledges that I lack the ability to tae Anderson from never having seen him play at UM? Cleary not.
And watching highlights is not the same as actually watching a person play in a game where you also see the little things. I don't rank anyone from watching highlights.
So rather than create an argument between us that does not need to exist, since you saw Anderson play at UM, you rank hm and place him where he needs to be. And I will defer to your judgement
I saw him play live as a young kid. He was a heck of a back.

To think what OJ was able to do on some Garbage *** UM teams makes it more Astounding....He didn't have the Luxury of running behind anything like any of the others had....out of all the Elite RBs in UM History....OJ was the recipient of having the worst OLs....

Advertisement
(This from 2014)...Gore of course has more....but look what OJ did in the NFL...including a SB MVP Award...and a Offensive Rookie of the yr Award....He also had a terrible injury, that if he didn't have...he'd of had atleast another 1,000yds
14715054_1305937092771816_7034497504637706652_o.jpg

To think what OJ was able to do on some Garbage *** UM teams makes it more Astounding....He didn't have the Luxury of running behind anything like any of the others had....out of all the Elite RBs in UM History....OJ was the recipient of having the worst OLs....

My first year at UM I saw him take 2 KO's to the house.
One of the few bright spots on that '78 team.

The following year in his first game as a pro he lit up Dallas for 193 yards, and almost single-handedly won that game.

How are we defining explosive?

If we're saying fastest, it's probably Miller.

I don't consider him explosive though - to me that's a combination of speed and power. Miller was brought down by arm tackles all the time.

How are we defining explosive?

If we're saying fastest, it's probably Miller.

I don't consider him explosive though - to me that's a combination of speed and power. Miller was brought down by arm tackles all the time.
Doesn’t speed and acceleration factor in more in the discussion of explosiveness than power?

Advertisement
Back