Most Anticipated Game in Awhile

wherrera8

Senior
Banned
First off it has nothing to do with the opponent. They are another irrelevant school that should be thankful to take the field with us. I'm not scared of them and neither should you.

Besides any FSU game this is the most anticipated game for me in awhile. We have spent the last 2 weeks in disarray down here and have had to watch all the other teams play and start to identify themselves. I mean, even VT is making a name for themselves now. We've had to just sit back and wait. Add to the fact that we didn't perform to our expectations in the Bethune game, and it's become one large concoction of great anticipation.

We really need this Saturday. I think it's a great game for us. A respected offense that will can at least allow used as a barometer for our D. I don't wanna give up more than 10. I think it's feasible. I'd like to see a more efficient d with press coverage, allowing the athletes to play aggressive and a DL that establishes a permanent residence in the backfield.

On O we are gonna dominate but I wanna see efficiency. Malik's hitting the throws he should hit, and the entire O using this as a tune up to get ready for the remaining 9 real games.

I don't know about you all but I can't wait to get it on. I never thought I'd say this about this game but given the circumstances I think we are all at the same point. Time to reintroduce ourselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
First off it has nothing to do with the opponent. They are another irrelevant school that should be thankful to take the field with us. I'm not scared of them and neither should you.

Besides any FSU game this is the most anticipated game for me in awhile. We have spent the last 2 weeks in disarray down here and have had to watch all the other teams play and start to identify themselves. I mean, even VT is making a name for themselves now. We've had to just sit back and wait. Add to the fact that we didn't perform to our expectations in the Bethune game, and it's become one large concoction of great anticipation.

We really need this Saturday. I think it's a great game for us. A respected offense that will can at least allow used as a barometer for our D. I don't wanna give up more than 10. I think it's feasible. I'd like to see a more efficient d with press coverage, allowing the athletes to play aggressive and a DL that establishes a permanent residence in the backfield.

On O we are gonna dominate but I wanna see efficiency. Malik's hitting the throws he should hit, and the entire O using this as a tune up to get ready for the remaining 9 real games.

I don't know about you all but I can't wait to get it on. I never thought I'd say this about this game but given the circumstances I think we are all at the same point. Time to reintroduce ourselves.

Couldn't agree with you more Willie. All things considered and combined, this will be a grueling 3 weeks. I was especially looking forward to going to Tallahassee but hopefully more games will prepare us better. I will be there and I will be at Hard Rock in my box ready to shoot the rockets down crashing!

While I am excited to finally see the Canes take the field again this game really doesn't do anything for me. It's basically just another warm up game, which is fine.

Can't wait for the ACC portion of our schedule to begin.

While I am excited to finally see the Canes take the field again this game really doesn't do anything for me. It's basically just another warm up game, which is fine.

Can't wait for the ACC portion of our schedule to begin.

Agreed but I think it's what you want at this point. A team vastly better than Bethune but not a real danger at the end of the day. If we come out of it injury free and looking fairly sharp then the season is ready to start for real.

Advertisement
the one good thing that came out of irma:

no bye weeks for miami hurricanes or dolphins. from here on out fellas we have football every weekend

the one good thing that came out of irma:

no bye weeks for miami hurricanes or dolphins. from here on out fellas we have football every weekend

Fake news. We'll have multiple bye weeks between the ACCCG and the Playoff.

Miami vs Clemson in the ACCG is the most anticipated game for me. I want us to knock Clemson out of a CFP spot.

Advertisement
Wake me up when next season is here.. and oh ******* original cane.. just wanted to get that out the way

OP is spot on.

I must be one of those crazy fans because I get stoked for Every. Single. Miami. Game. It does not matter who the opponent is for the week. Friday's during the fall are like Christmas Eve for me.

I don't understand how people can spend so much time during the week on message boards, Twitter, and any other forum, talking about The U, and then on game day, say "Nah I'm good. It's just Toledo." *** that!!! Its all about The U baby!!!

Advertisement
OP wants us to us to hold them to 10. That will be hard. Hold them under their average by a couple touchdowns is enough for me. False expectations give folks a reason to complain. We win by a large margin. The may score more than 10 tho.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP wants us to us to hold them to 10. That will be hard. Hold them under their average by a couple touchdowns is enough for me. False expectations give folks a reason to . We win ba a large margin. The may score more than 10 tho

We held App State to 10 last year and that app state team beat Toledo last year which had Kareem Hunt. I think it's doable if we play the way we can play on D. Pressure all day, and stifle them early.

Advertisement
OP wants us to us to hold them to 10. That will be hard. Hold them under their average by a couple touchdowns is enough for me. False expectations give folks a reason to . We win ba a large margin. The may score more than 10 tho

We held App State to 10 last year and that app state team beat Toledo last year which had Kareem Hunt. I think it's doable if we play the way we can play on D. Pressure all day, and stifle them early.

Transative theory, between one year and the next, clearly doesn't work in cfb. Win by a lot and look good doing it is what we should root for. 10 is a fan made number so that they can complain.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T817A using Tapatalk

We'll be fortunate to hold them to 10 in the first quarter if Manny and the defense perform the same way they did vs Bethune.

Let's hope they come ready to play this time.

We better come out with our hair on fire against this team. We cannot sleep on Toledo, they can light it up through the air. Our D backfield better be ready for some bombs early and often. I think we will come out a little rusty and it will be close the first half, but come the second half, we will start to get back in the groove and begin to dominate. We have to hold on the first half and get our legs under us and then just get back into doing what we do. Scoring shouldn't be a problem, we must pressure their QB early and often.
Let's go Canes!

Advertisement
Back