2024 Moritz "Schmo" Schmoranzer 3* OL from Roanoke, VA

Advertisement
Seems like he really likes us but other teams had a heart start. Probably won't be a kid who decommits.

@DMoney from the 6/26 Bank (Text Edition)

- OT Moritz “Big Schmo” Schmoranzer (Roanake, VA from Germany) has rocketed to the top of Miami’s tackle board after they saw him up close on his visit. Big, athletic frame with a lot of personality. I like where Miami sits here.

Advertisement
Rocketed to the top of the tackle list.

Interesting choice of words. This was the most interesting update in the 6/26 Bank, IMHO. He's another late riser that we've picked up on (the other two being Jacory “C2” Barney and Romanas "OJ" Frederique JR). Staff isn't afraid to offer late risers with high ceilings.

I knew when I saw this dude nearly run down the CB after the pick there was something unique here.

Advertisement
We were very late on this kid, not shocking. Even though most have been lowere rated players, its been notable misses on that OL. Im not even feeling good about the chap from Jacksonville. NC St is really hot on his trail. I would expect developmental players to be easier to commit but alot of then we are in late on and relationships still matter. Also terrible that two cycle in a row, not even one OL that can play at Miami is in So FL.

Advertisement
Disappointing, but we are a real hard sell at tackle rn. We just had a great class + we already have another developmental tackle in this class. Interior is the more interesting position to watch across the line.

Advertisement
Disappointing, but we are a real hard sell at tackle rn. We just had a great class + we already have another developmental tackle in this class. Interior is the more interesting position to watch across the line.
Respectfully disagree that may be a reason you miss out on a Brandon Baker type but not this dude who just started playing the position. Neither of those guys should be here by the time this kid is ready to play

Advertisement
Back