More portaling — Nigel Bethel

Advertisement
He is a heck of an athlete. But like I said in previous threads about the CBs, he was part of a lot of camp highlight films in the bad way (i.e., WRs smoking him). He just wasn't ready to play prime-time top Power 5 defense. To me, it was a no-brainer that Couch would leap-frog him and probably Williams too.

He has to be leaving to a lesser P5 or Group of 5 team. I can see him becoming a quality CB two years from now after developing under a Butch or Charlie Strong. Just sad he isn't willing to put in the work and the reps to get there as a Cane.

Advertisement
We are one injury away from moving Dee Wiggins to cornerback.... he can’t catch anyway so why not 🤷‍♂️
giphy.gif

Agreed that’s the issue. Special teams is a vital part of a game and we are losing ST guys right now which means we have to put our starters out there and risk injury/rest. These kids quitting a week before game 1 are complete losers.
There the diseases, weed em all out!

Advertisement
Another fcking loser quitter. That portal is currently clogged with **** like this looking for a spot to flop until the going gets tough there. Never gave a fck about this guy. Just a straight line speed guy who showed his straight line speed out the door.

It would be interesting to know how many guys are currently languishing in the portal with no home. Tom Rinaldi will be doing a sob story piece soon on these disillusioned tattered losers.

Me watching that piece:
PrestigiousBlindKissingbug-small.gif

This is the way the portal should work and to me it's a win win.. The player gets to go to a college like FIU or FAU that's more suited to their talents and we get to move on from a player that's not good enough and add another scholarship player

Advertisement
Welcome to the future boys. Portal use going to grow like a weed as guys figure out where they stand near the end of fall camp.

Bethel destined to be a special teams guy. When you see your peer class ahead of you and the class behind you passing you, its time to move on if you want to see the field as a cb.

Thing is I’m interested to see where he lands, but my guess not a power 5

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back