More Poor Planning by Richt with Garbers Offer

Advertisement
LOL call me stupid. Especially once after this year 2 out of 3 of our QBs on scholly transfer. Williams won’t stick if Perry is starter. Perry won’t stay if it’s Williams. Weldon will leave to go play at a lesser school. Its a numbers game.

That’s why you spread scholarship QBs out over years. So they don’t get bunched up. They don’t want to compete and u see transfers happening all the time. You people stuck in the past if you think people get beat out and then stick around to try and “win the job” or show loyalty to a program.

By Richt offering Garbers shows he’s making same mistakes. Don’t expect any OC coming in. This guy is a clown

So let me get this straight. We go all in on a QB from Oregon in Michael Johnson Jr who we had no shot with. When he commits elsewhere, Jon comes out and says they won't be recruiting a QB this cycle. Flash forward a couple months and they are scrambling to find a QB down the stretch and we've just offered 2020 Cali QB Ethan Garbers even though one of the nation's top rated QB Max Johnson, who is ex-NFL QB Brad Johnson's and Mark Richt's nephew, is also in the 2020 class.

Seems completely disorganized. Old Man Richt continues to show that he is confused and lost.

First, we are looking to take 2 QBs in the 2020 class. Second, Max Johnson is absolutely terrible.

Advertisement
LOL call me stupid. Especially once after this year 2 out of 3 of our QBs on scholly transfer. Williams won’t stick if Perry is starter. Perry won’t stay if it’s Williams. Weldon will leave to go play at a lesser school. Its a numbers game.

That’s why you spread scholarship QBs out over years. So they don’t get bunched up. They don’t want to compete and u see transfers happening all the time. You people stuck in the past if you think people get beat out and then stick around to try and “win the job” or show loyalty to a program.

By Richt offering Garbers shows he’s making same mistakes. Don’t expect any OC coming in. This guy is a clown

I'm not sure why you seem so upset.

Yes there currently isn't a 2019 QB commited and one might not sign. I think the majority of the board doesn't agree with this. Always take one QB a year even if It's a Sheiriffs (not sure if spelled correctly).

Even if one does sign they are going after 2 QB's in 2020 because there will most likely be attrition like you pointed out.

Every program does this every 2-3 years it's not something uncommon at all when guys leave.

So let me get this straight. We go all in on a QB from Oregon in Michael Johnson Jr who we had no shot with. When he commits elsewhere, Jon comes out and says they won't be recruiting a QB this cycle. Flash forward a couple months and they are scrambling to find a QB down the stretch and we've just offered 2020 Cali QB Ethan Garbers even though one of the nation's top rated QB Max Johnson, who is ex-NFL QB Brad Johnson's and Mark Richt's nephew, is also in the 2020 class.

Seems completely disorganized. Old Man Richt continues to show that he is confused and lost.

It’s a 2020 kid, I think our problem as a staff is they don’t recruit enough players at positions so I’m all for what they are doing.

I think you u are way wrong on this one.

Advertisement
I’m not losing sleep on the max Johnson kid, he’s not good as far as I’m concerned. Sitowski 2.0 and more nepotism

Last edited:
It's a total mob mentality. It's weird, I usually find that educated people tend to remain somewhat quiet when they're not sure about a situation. It's almost a pride thing....well ****, I'm not sure, so I'm not going to just spout off and sound like an *******.

But when you get a large contingent of people who have a room temperature IQ, it's just a piling on effect -- people somehow need validation that they're actually intelligent, so they regurgitate what others have said. It's mostly subconscious, actually.

But like this guy for example...he has ZERO clue what he's talking about, but it's in vogue right now to make fun of Richt and call him names, so we get threads that end with "Old Man Richt". It's sad, but if you want to talk ball with people who have a clue, you really have to have a filter for your brain so you can weed out the clueless and not let useless drivel upset you. But it's tough.

I'd pay $50 a month with ZERO hesitation for a board/forum that was by invite only and there was somehow a competency exam required to gain access. Unfortunately that doesn't exist, so the best we can get is to try to talk shop with the few and far between who do have a semblance of a clue while trying to avoid ripping my face off at the endless posts saying the same things over and over and over by people who really have no idea what they're saying, but someone else did so I need to make sure I do the same.

Amen Brother!

Your post tells me you haven’t seen Johnson live or his film. He’s an average qb. He’s not the answer for 2020 imo.
Now Richt figured out he needs to offer a minimum of 3 qbs. You always needs 4 scholarship qbs on the roster. Plus if Kosi balls out next year how do we know if Weldon or Jarren don’t transfer

Dude, there are currently 6 scholarship offers for 2020. If do not take one this year, have to get 2 in 2020.

Advertisement
The mob mentality promotes every thread, regardless of topic, having several porsters regurgitate the same theme over and over, Richt sucks, Jon sucks, Dugans sucks, our OL sucks, our offense sucks, we need an OC, blah, blah, blah. It's beating a dead horse. I'm just as frustrated as the next guy but its soooooo boring to hear the same complaints, over and over and over. It's refreshing when a thread pops up where intelligent discussion and insight takes place. Maybe we need a MOB Forum Board.

We had a great shot with Michael Johnson.
Didn’t work out in the end. And I get that Richt is doing poorly on many fronts right now but everything else you said was pretty inaccurate.

It's a total mob mentality. It's weird, I usually find that educated people tend to remain somewhat quiet when they're not sure about a situation. It's almost a pride thing....well ****, I'm not sure, so I'm not going to just spout off and sound like an *******.

But when you get a large contingent of people who have a room temperature IQ, it's just a piling on effect -- people somehow need validation that they're actually intelligent, so they regurgitate what others have said. It's mostly subconscious, actually.

But like this guy for example...he has ZERO clue what he's talking about, but it's in vogue right now to make fun of Richt and call him names, so we get threads that end with "Old Man Richt". It's sad, but if you want to talk ball with people who have a clue, you really have to have a filter for your brain so you can weed out the clueless and not let useless drivel upset you. But it's tough.

I'd pay $50 a month with ZERO hesitation for a board/forum that was by invite only and there was somehow a competency exam required to gain access. Unfortunately that doesn't exist, so the best we can get is to try to talk shop with the few and far between who do have a semblance of a clue while trying to avoid ripping my face off at the endless posts saying the same things over and over and over by people who really have no idea what they're saying, but someone else did so I need to make sure I do the same.
True for every board, going way back to Shadow's board. The more people that get on, the less good football talk you get.

Advertisement
OP is mad about us going all in on one QB for 2019. But is also mad about us offering more than one QB for 2020. Are you trying to mind **** me?

The mob mentality promotes every thread, regardless of topic, having several porsters regurgitate the same theme over and over, Richt sucks, Jon sucks, Dugans sucks, our OL sucks, our offense sucks, we need an OC, blah, blah, blah. It's beating a dead horse. I'm just as frustrated as the next guy but its soooooo boring to hear the same complaints, over and over and over. It's refreshing when a thread pops up where intelligent discussion and insight takes place. Maybe we need a MOB Forum Board.

Title should be MOPE-FREE discussion.

Advertisement
Back