More Poor Planning by Richt with Garbers Offer

BackToU

Recruit
So let me get this straight. We go all in on a QB from Oregon in Michael Johnson Jr who we had no shot with. When he commits elsewhere, Jon comes out and says they won't be recruiting a QB this cycle. Flash forward a couple months and they are scrambling to find a QB down the stretch and we've just offered 2020 Cali QB Ethan Garbers even though one of the nation's top rated QB Max Johnson, who is ex-NFL QB Brad Johnson's and Mark Richt's nephew, is also in the 2020 class.

Seems completely disorganized. Old Man Richt continues to show that he is confused and lost.

Advertisement
So let me get this straight. We go all in on a QB from Oregon in Michael Johnson Jr who we had no shot with. When he commits elsewhere, Jon comes out and says they won't be recruiting a QB this cycle. Flash forward a couple months and they are scrambling to find a QB down the stretch and we've just offered 2020 Cali QB Ethan Garbers even though one of the nation's top rated QB Max Johnson, who is ex-NFL QB Brad Johnson's and Mark Richt's nephew, is also in the 2020 class.

Seems completely disorganized. Old Man Richt continues to show that he is confused and lost.

Would rather them identify that Max is overrated now and offer guys who are putting up better numbers than the last 2 cycles we have had at QB. Go look at Max's stats from this year, he won't be "top rated" too much longer.

1543349452434.gif

Dude. Wtf.

Last edited:
Advertisement
It's always so fascinating to me how the average fan (and person, really) has no real thoughts of their own...and that humans just follow a total mob mentality.

"Hey, that guy is yelling! I need to yell, too!!"

Just complete, absolute sheep on this board.
This is my frustration on here too. People always jump on other ideas. “His plays suck” and don’t even know what an inside zone is.

This is my frustration on here too. People always jump on other ideas. “His plays suck” and don’t even know what an inside zone is.

It's a total mob mentality. It's weird, I usually find that educated people tend to remain somewhat quiet when they're not sure about a situation. It's almost a pride thing....well ****, I'm not sure, so I'm not going to just spout off and sound like an *******.

But when you get a large contingent of people who have a room temperature IQ, it's just a piling on effect -- people somehow need validation that they're actually intelligent, so they regurgitate what others have said. It's mostly subconscious, actually.

But like this guy for example...he has ZERO clue what he's talking about, but it's in vogue right now to make fun of Richt and call him names, so we get threads that end with "Old Man Richt". It's sad, but if you want to talk ball with people who have a clue, you really have to have a filter for your brain so you can weed out the clueless and not let useless drivel upset you. But it's tough.

I'd pay $50 a month with ZERO hesitation for a board/forum that was by invite only and there was somehow a competency exam required to gain access. Unfortunately that doesn't exist, so the best we can get is to try to talk shop with the few and far between who do have a semblance of a clue while trying to avoid ripping my face off at the endless posts saying the same things over and over and over by people who really have no idea what they're saying, but someone else did so I need to make sure I do the same.

Advertisement
It's a total mob mentality. It's weird, I usually find that educated people tend to remain somewhat quiet when they're not sure about a situation. It's almost a pride thing....well ****, I'm not sure, so I'm not going to just spout off and sound like an *******.

But when you get a large contingent of people who have a room temperature IQ, it's just a piling on effect -- people somehow need validation that they're actually intelligent, so they regurgitate what others have said. It's mostly subconscious, actually.

But like this guy for example...he has ZERO clue what he's talking about, but it's in vogue right now to make fun of Richt and call him names, so we get threads that end with "Old Man Richt". It's sad, but if you want to talk ball with people who have a clue, you really have to have a filter for your brain so you can weed out the clueless and not let useless drivel upset you. But it's tough.

I'd pay $50 a month with ZERO hesitation for a board/forum that was by invite only and there was somehow a competency exam required to gain access. Unfortunately that doesn't exist, so the best we can get is to try to talk shop with the few and far between who do have a semblance of a clue while trying to avoid ripping my face off at the endless posts saying the same things over and over and over by people who really have no idea what they're saying, but someone else did so I need to make sure I do the same.
Or people see the same thing others see. Most people here agree that willis should have been 1st team All-Acc, does that mean we’re all just being sheep and it’s not really true ? Is it just mob mentality when most people come on here saying our defense has been great this season ? Our QB recruiting this season has been a ****show and Max Johnson has Sitkowski type numbers. When most people came on here saying sitkowski was a bust because no way no how should a blue chip QB have that kind of trash numbers in high school, were they just being sheep ?

Am I allowed to say Feagles has been a disaster so far ? Or am I being a sheep since so many have already said it ?

its a run play. duh. next!

haha. i had to before someone else. but people will have their opinions no matter what

Advertisement
its a run play. duh. next!

haha. i had to before someone else. but people will have their opinions no matter what
I was arguing with a guy one time and brought up inside zone and this dude straight up told me “I’m talking about the offense not the defense idiot”. I couldn’t believe he actually called me an idiot after that statement. Took a lot of me not to smack his **** in.

It’s a sickness. The funny thing is that it doesn’t improve. Just a bunch of idiots shouting ignorant statements at each other all day.

Advertisement
I was arguing with a guy one time and brought up inside zone and this dude straight up told me “I’m talking about the offense not the defense idiot”. I couldn’t believe he actually called me an idiot after that statement. Took a lot of me not to smack his **** in.

Did he say "Your an idiot." ??

That's probably my favorite.

you're not bright

Advertisement
Back