More Likely Than Not Scenario - Defensive Staff

Advertisement
I just came to see how all these ace athletic directors and program managers on the board who are always batching about who we need to hire are going to FORCE anyone to take the job of any vacancy.

If you guys are dreaming or even yearning of/for a day where BoT members and/or Fake James force coordinator changes then your energy and thought process are both misguided.

I don't want Fake or Carol Soffer's nephew's cousin demanding staff changes. I want a head coach that is fully cognizant that HE needs to decide what changes are made and that HE will be responsible alone in the end.

I don't need some superfans with a checkbook or a glorified ticket salesman from Maine making actual football decisIons beyond setting a bar for where the overall program should be and how long the head coach has to reach that spot. Take issue with THAT standard being too soft for TOO effing long and not hoping Fake or a Soffer or the Tomato King say "The D sucks but everything else is fine. Find a new coordinator now!".

If Rumph is Reed's boy that may have something to do with it.
Reed can’t be happy with his boy! But this is the nee Miami. Coaches making decisions based on some bull crap. Players leaving for pros based on some bull crap. Players transferring out....

Look, nothing personal, but this kind of guesswork is what makes this site an absolute mess.

1. Subject line that promises more certainty than it delivers ("more likely than not scenario").
2. DIsclaimer that original porster is "not an insider" (as if that fixes the rest of the porst).
3. Immediate citation of "insiders" to support the conclusion of an avowed non-insider.
4. Entire porst based on "lack of smoke" and "lack of leaks", not to mention illogical conclusions based on the absence of evidence, not actual evidence.
5. Final hedging conclusion that undercuts the initial "more likely than not scenario".

Look, everyone's entitled to their opinions, but that doesn't mean that dozens of guessers have to start a bunch of threads to discuss the wild ideas bouncing around inside of their heads.

Here's some "more likely than not" guesswork. Perhaps Manny has learned a thing or two from information leaking (see, generally, Jason Marshall recruitment) and wants to keep the information close to the vest. After all, that is just as likely, if not more, than some of the guesses that people keep posting.

Again, this is nothing personal. It's just exhausting to see so many people posting wild speculation based on ridiculous things, such as what Beta Blake did or did not say in an interview, or inventing stuff about Manny's friendships and loyalty.

Let's settle down for 24 hours and let stuff happen. There will be plenty of time to overanalyze things later.
4. Entire porst based on "lack of smoke" and "lack of leaks", not to mention illogical conclusions based on the absence of evidence, not actual evidence.
That sounds vaguely familiar and topical...

Advertisement
This is manny last season facts ain't no way you end both seasons on losing streaks.. and still be a head coach this season 3 to be determined!!!

Did the BOT or Blake give pressure to get rid of Enos?

Exactly.

I've not been a fan of what Manny has done the past two years, outside of his off-season efforts—but he cut bait with Enos knowing he needed to take this offense into the modern era with Lashlee and the spread.

For the sake of his career and future as Miami's head coach, the next logical step is to bring in a defense coordinator worth his weight—ending this lame-*** process of having a guy underneath him who needs to be coached-up or bailed out to succeed.

Manny needs to focus on being this program's CEO and to run the program—not this hybrid head coach / co-defensive coordinator role he has going on.

If he doesn't fire Baker it's the second nail in his coffin—as 6-7 and losing to FIU last year was the first.

How is a db unit going to get better with the d-co calling scared man coverages. Most in here have amnesia, Manny was the d-co, the secondary wasnt the problem, baker becomes the d-co, now all of a sudden coach rumph and banda can't coach, lol, y'all are clowns. The people who saying rumph can't coach were the same ones who couldn't say that before baker got here so the only other thing they could complain about was why didn't the two db's he coached in highschool didn't come here, in the meantime and at the same time we had the #1 pass defense in the nation, the morons will be morons, coach rumph is not the problem, the scheme is what is keeping cb's and linebackers away.
Naa what happened was Al Golden players left. Al Golden had 9 players go 3rd round or higher, including 3 first round picks. Since Diaz and Richt came in its 2 3rd round or higher, and it was Chad and Njoku.

In any case, the JR class we have now had a bunch of DBs, and almost all of them are scrubs, Frierson, decent at LB, Blades, going down hill weekly, Hall, can't make a play, Ivey cant cover in space. Not sure which other DB came in off the top of my head but there is your problem, bad recruiting and bad development, not scheme. I don't pretend to think those players are all bad, there is something in the coaching that of 3 4 stars, not one of them is a top college player. Saban fought hard to get Hall. These players have talent. The grey matter development is not being added

Naa what happened was Al Golden players left. Al Golden had 9 players go 3rd round or higher, including 3 first round picks. Since Diaz and Richt came in its 2 3rd round or higher, and it was Chad and Njoku.

In any case, the JR class we have now had a bunch of DBs, and almost all of them are scrubs, Frierson, decent at LB, Blades, going down hill weekly, Hall, can't make a play, Ivey cant cover in space. Not sure which other DB came in off the top of my head but there is your problem, bad recruiting and bad development, not scheme. I don't pretend to think those players are all bad, there is something in the coaching that of 3 4 stars, not one of them is a top college player. Saban fought hard to get Hall. These players have talent. The grey matter development is not being added
You really need to pay attention to what's going on, it all starts and ends with the defensive scheme and the defensive play-calling. This scheme is not complicated at all, it's built around the d-linemen and the safeties. It's not a coincidence that since coach diaz has gotten here, a safety is normally leading the team in tackles. It's not a coincidence that the 2 strongest area's in recruiting has been d-linemen and safeties flocking here. Under the penn disgrace moron regime it was damyum near the exact opposite, linebackers and corners consistently came in, d-linemen saw that bullshat *** scheme and said I'll pass.

pickney got worst and quarterman stayed solid for 4 years but nothing special. One things for certain, coach diaz hired a guy who worst than him as a d-co, who primarily is an obviously zone-blitz guy that's consistently getting torched. To have UNC rush for over 500 yards in one game, and still keep a job, must be deeper than football. I could careless if coach diaz decides to keep baker, they'll both be outta here soon.

To much pressure and this level is to much for em, this is why he has our db's playing off coverage, because he/baker is trying to buy time to see what the other team is doing, by that time, we down 21!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Banda leaving for Utah State, and taking DVD and two analysts with him, is probably the extent of the changes we’ll get with the defensive staff. I'm not an insider by any means, but it seems highly unlikely that Baker and the remaining coaches are let go. There's 0 pressure from the BOT and Blake James has never put pressure on any coach to make changes. Seems like the only pressure to shake up that side of the ball is from the fans. For what it’s worth, “insiders” (for what it’s worth) on the other sites have also reported that Baker, Patke, and Rumph are coming back. Also, right now feels a lot like 2013. Fans wanting D’Onofrio gone, but no pressure ever developing (or even smoke rising) on Golden even considering it. Seems like the same scenario is unfolding now.

I’ve said for the past two years that Manny working out here was TBD. However, if the above scenario plays out, it’s a matter of when, not if, he’s dismissed as HC. There’s no reason to believe that this defensive staff, as is, can turn the defense around, or make good evals in recruiting.

Only other scenario I can see, where Baker doesn’t leave but maybe it works out, is if Rumph jumps to the NFL and we hire a top of the line DB-coach, while also giving him Co-DC responsibilities (obviously demoting Baker).

Overall, could Baker be dismissed and the d-staff get a shake up? Sure, I hope for the program’s sake he is. I just don’t think anyone would be willing to bet that most of this d-staff is not here next year. With Enos last year there was smoke at the end of the season on a potential dismissal. There’s nothing now.
I don't understand your logic here. You're not an insider, and have no information, but conclude the probabilities based on ... what?

Whether there's any pressure or not ... you don't even know ... so that can't be it.

But why would pressure from others be the only reason for a shake up? Did it ever occur to you that manny isn't a complete idiot, and might apply the pressure himself because he can see it's not working well enough right now?

I have no idea what manny will do. But pressure from the outside or lack thereof is irrelevant to me. If manny only makes changes when pressured by others, then he's certainly going to fail. The only hope for Manny is to think maybe he cane learn and self-improve on his own. If he can, he's got to be wondering what he's going to do without banda, with a DC who sucks, with Stroud likely retiring, and with a CB coach who hasn't recruited well enough in his 5 years here.

My guess is more changes are coming. Not because I have inside info. But because it's hard to process how stupid manny would be to stand on the status quo minus his only decent assistant coach on D.

Exactly.

I've not been a fan of what Manny has done the past two years, outside of his off-season efforts—but he cut bait with Enos knowing he needed to take this offense into the modern era with Lashlee and the spread.

For the sake of his career and future as Miami's head coach, the next logical step is to bring in a defense coordinator worth his weight—ending this lame-*** process of having a guy underneath him who needs to be coached-up or bailed out to succeed.

Manny needs to focus on being this program's CEO and to run the program—not this hybrid head coach / co-defensive coordinator role he has going on.

If he doesn't fire Baker it's the second nail in his coffin—as 6-7 and losing to FIU last year was the first.
Don’t you think current current players and prospective recruits do their homework as to who is gonna be their position coach, and who can beat help them get to the league??? Personality and communication also factor in, see Banda who overcame a weak resume.

it makes perfect sense why LB and CB recruiting have sucked

I just came to see how all these ace athletic directors and program managers on the board who are always batching about who we need to hire are going to FORCE anyone to take the job of any vacancy.

Are implying that no one wants to work at UM?

Advertisement
Banda leaving for Utah State, and taking DVD and two analysts with him, is probably the extent of the changes we’ll get with the defensive staff. I'm not an insider by any means, but it seems highly unlikely that Baker and the remaining coaches are let go. There's 0 pressure from the BOT and Blake James has never put pressure on any coach to make changes. Seems like the only pressure to shake up that side of the ball is from the fans. For what it’s worth, “insiders” (for what it’s worth) on the other sites have also reported that Baker, Patke, and Rumph are coming back. Also, right now feels a lot like 2013. Fans wanting D’Onofrio gone, but no pressure ever developing (or even smoke rising) on Golden even considering it. Seems like the same scenario is unfolding now.

I’ve said for the past two years that Manny working out here was TBD. However, if the above scenario plays out, it’s a matter of when, not if, he’s dismissed as HC. There’s no reason to believe that this defensive staff, as is, can turn the defense around, or make good evals in recruiting.

Only other scenario I can see, where Baker doesn’t leave but maybe it works out, is if Rumph jumps to the NFL and we hire a top of the line DB-coach, while also giving him Co-DC responsibilities (obviously demoting Baker).

Overall, could Baker be dismissed and the d-staff get a shake up? Sure, I hope for the program’s sake he is. I just don’t think anyone would be willing to bet that most of this d-staff is not here next year. With Enos last year there was smoke at the end of the season on a potential dismissal. There’s nothing now.

this is worse than who wants to be a millionaire. Bunch of NOBs thinking they know something but just guessing out their ****s.

Banda leaving for Utah State, and taking DVD and two analysts with him, is probably the extent of the changes we’ll get with the defensive staff. I'm not an insider by any means, but it seems highly unlikely that Baker and the remaining coaches are let go. There's 0 pressure from the BOT and Blake James has never put pressure on any coach to make changes. Seems like the only pressure to shake up that side of the ball is from the fans. For what it’s worth, “insiders” (for what it’s worth) on the other sites have also reported that Baker, Patke, and Rumph are coming back. Also, right now feels a lot like 2013. Fans wanting D’Onofrio gone, but
Loop Trump GIF

Advertisement
Back