More Likely Than Not Scenario - Defensive Staff

FL Cane

Senior
Banda leaving for Utah State, and taking DVD and two analysts with him, is probably the extent of the changes we’ll get with the defensive staff. I'm not an insider by any means, but it seems highly unlikely that Baker and the remaining coaches are let go. There's 0 pressure from the BOT and Blake James has never put pressure on any coach to make changes. Seems like the only pressure to shake up that side of the ball is from the fans. For what it’s worth, “insiders” (for what it’s worth) on the other sites have also reported that Baker, Patke, and Rumph are coming back. Also, right now feels a lot like 2013. Fans wanting D’Onofrio gone, but no pressure ever developing (or even smoke rising) on Golden even considering it. Seems like the same scenario is unfolding now.

I’ve said for the past two years that Manny working out here was TBD. However, if the above scenario plays out, it’s a matter of when, not if, he’s dismissed as HC. There’s no reason to believe that this defensive staff, as is, can turn the defense around, or make good evals in recruiting.

Only other scenario I can see, where Baker doesn’t leave but maybe it works out, is if Rumph jumps to the NFL and we hire a top of the line DB-coach, while also giving him Co-DC responsibilities (obviously demoting Baker).

Overall, could Baker be dismissed and the d-staff get a shake up? Sure, I hope for the program’s sake he is. I just don’t think anyone would be willing to bet that most of this d-staff is not here next year. With Enos last year there was smoke at the end of the season on a potential dismissal. There’s nothing now.

Advertisement
Did the BOT or Blake give pressure to get rid of Enos?
Honestly don’t know. I’m not an insider, but my view is that there’d be some leaks/reporting on it by now if Baker was in danger. Just like there was reporting that a handful of big donors and people on the BOT wanted to bring in Alonzo Highsmith. It’s well known that only a handful of people on the BOT really care about the Football program. Rest aren’t as invested.

Advertisement
If someone wants to interview Rumph I'll drive him to the airport.

If someone wants to interview Rumph I'll drive him to the airport.
That’s the one that really confuses me. Apparently he’s been on the verge of getting fired the past two seasons, but now he isn’t? Not like that DB unit got any better.

Advertisement
No offense here to the OP, but you’re literally throwing **** out without a clue. Don’t we already have this thread going somewhere else. I’m all for discussion of relevant topics, but this is literally just throwing **** out there for no reason

How is a db unit going to get better with the d-co calling scared man coverages. Most in here have amnesia, Manny was the d-co, the secondary wasnt the problem, baker becomes the d-co, now all of a sudden coach rumph and banda can't coach, lol, y'all are clowns. The people who saying rumph can't coach were the same ones who couldn't say that before baker got here so the only other thing they could complain about was why didn't the two db's he coached in highschool didn't come here, in the meantime and at the same time we had the #1 pass defense in the nation, the morons will be morons, coach rumph is not the problem, the scheme is what is keeping cb's and linebackers away.

If Rumph is Reed's boy that may have something to do with it.

Advertisement
No offense here to the OP, but you’re literally throwing **** out without a clue. Don’t we already have this thread going somewhere else. I’m all for discussion of relevant topics, but this is literally just throwing **** out there for no reason

I'd say exactly this, but with offense to OP.

This thread is garbage.

Honestly don’t know. I’m not an insider, but my view is that there’d be some leaks/reporting on it by now if Baker was in danger. Just like there was reporting that a handful of big donors and people on the BOT wanted to bring in Alonzo Highsmith. It’s well known that only a handful of people on the BOT really care about the Football program. Rest aren’t as invested.
He's not in danger of losing his job, only to the fans, and we're not Texas

Banda leaving for Utah State, and taking DVD and two analysts with him, is probably the extent of the changes we’ll get with the defensive staff. I'm not an insider by any means, but it seems highly unlikely that Baker and the remaining coaches are let go. There's 0 pressure from the BOT and Blake James has never put pressure on any coach to make changes. Seems like the only pressure to shake up that side of the ball is from the fans. For what it’s worth, “insiders” (for what it’s worth) on the other sites have also reported that Baker, Patke, and Rumph are coming back. Also, right now feels a lot like 2013. Fans wanting D’Onofrio gone, but no pressure ever developing (or even smoke rising) on Golden even considering it. Seems like the same scenario is unfolding now.

I’ve said for the past two years that Manny working out here was TBD. However, if the above scenario plays out, it’s a matter of when, not if, he’s dismissed as HC. There’s no reason to believe that this defensive staff, as is, can turn the defense around, or make good evals in recruiting.

Only other scenario I can see, where Baker doesn’t leave but maybe it works out, is if Rumph jumps to the NFL and we hire a top of the line DB-coach, while also giving him Co-DC responsibilities (obviously demoting Baker).

Overall, could Baker be dismissed and the d-staff get a shake up? Sure, I hope for the program’s sake he is. I just don’t think anyone would be willing to bet that most of this d-staff is not here next year. With Enos last year there was smoke at the end of the season on a potential dismissal. There’s nothing now.

Look, nothing personal, but this kind of guesswork is what makes this site an absolute mess.

1. Subject line that promises more certainty than it delivers ("more likely than not scenario").
2. DIsclaimer that original porster is "not an insider" (as if that fixes the rest of the porst).
3. Immediate citation of "insiders" to support the conclusion of an avowed non-insider.
4. Entire porst based on "lack of smoke" and "lack of leaks", not to mention illogical conclusions based on the absence of evidence, not actual evidence.
5. Final hedging conclusion that undercuts the initial "more likely than not scenario".

Look, everyone's entitled to their opinions, but that doesn't mean that dozens of guessers have to start a bunch of threads to discuss the wild ideas bouncing around inside of their heads.

Here's some "more likely than not" guesswork. Perhaps Manny has learned a thing or two from information leaking (see, generally, Jason Marshall recruitment) and wants to keep the information close to the vest. After all, that is just as likely, if not more, than some of the guesses that people keep posting.

Again, this is nothing personal. It's just exhausting to see so many people posting wild speculation based on ridiculous things, such as what Beta Blake did or did not say in an interview, or inventing stuff about Manny's friendships and loyalty.

Let's settle down for 24 hours and let stuff happen. There will be plenty of time to overanalyze things later.

Advertisement
1609725944717.gif

I doubt Reed has anything to do with Rump. The admin are very ecstatic just collecting a check and Manure or his dad has a bag in this game.

Suntan U is back!! Good Riddance.

Advertisement
Back