Mopes and Slurpers

I identify as a...

• Total voters
This is me as well. We’re headed in the right direction, but a little slower than I had hoped. I still think we’ll get there. And I see the faults with Mario but still think he is the right guy for the moment in terms of marshaling the resources to keep us on the right side of the AAC/B1G line.

Would Lane have won more games early and be much more exciting to watch? Yes. Would he have gotten the football operation turned around, made the football facility a reality, and gotten our NIL and recruiting to where it is now? Doubt it. Mario does need to win and soon, but I think he will.

But is that on Lane or Miami? Miami.

And thats why some mope about some things more than others…

Advertisement
Generally cautiously optimistic, season ticket holder, excited to watch games, then:

- Mario coaches
- Slurpers have pre-Mario vs post-Mario sets of what is acceptable

I find Mopes to be less hypocritical:

if they’ve gone slurper to mope, it’s because of pain, suffering and paying attention…

if they’ve gone mope to slurper, it’s because they are friends with Mario or are otherwise irrationally biased toward Mario or vs. previous staffs…(with a few feeling this is simply the last chance we have so let’s make the best of it)

I’ll phone a friend, @Ispyin — soft mope or mope?

😎

Generally cautiously optimistic, season ticket holder, excited to watch games, then:

- Mario coaches
- Slurpers have pre-Mario vs post-Mario sets of what is acceptable

I find Mopes to be less hypocritical:

if they’ve gone slurper to mope, it’s because of pain, suffering and paying attention…

if they’ve gone mope to slurper, it’s because they are friends with Mario or are otherwise irrationally biased toward Mario or vs. previous staffs…(with a few feeling this is simply the last chance we have so let’s make the best of it)

I’ll phone a friend, @Ispyin — soft mope or mope?

😎
Me
- slurper on Mario da recruiter
- moper on Mario da GameDay coach
- meh on portal and coaching hire strategy

overall selfevaluation - meh with a chance of slurp or mope

i let facts lead me to 🤷‍♂️ my mehdom and reevaluate as new information comes in

Last edited:
Hardest slurper I ever remember was Ernest T. Bass followed by Jaromir Jagr. The last two on the Richt train that finally derailed

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm a soft slurp. We are entering the offseason, aka our time to shine! Who needs MFing wins when we get RECRUITING AND PORTAL DOMINANCE!!!!

Mario sucks on game day. Mario sucks with the media. He is like Saban/Belichik but less likable. His hires are fair at best - sure he did well (I think) with Guidry, but Gattis kinda trumps that out.

That said, worse than heading to Mopestown, I feel myself getting dragged into the black hole of don't care. Each year I watch less CFB and this year I watched the least ever. It has become to painful to fully engage and typically we've been erased from relevance come October of most seasons. I don't give a F if it's Mario, the University, Julio Frenk, Radakovich, Donna Shalala, the war in Ukraine or Lauren Boebert's hand (well I might make an exception). This team has been a real chore to get behind the last two decades.

Man that was the mopiest slurp post ever. I just want my dammm Canes to not suck anymore and it makes me sad when they do.

How about a realist? Mario is an elite HS recruiter, no question. Mario is a terrible gameday coach, no question (just think back to GT if in doubt). Mario has FAILED to address QB successfully, the most important position on the team. No one wants to return Miami back to the glory days more than Mario. All of these can be true...

How about a realist? Mario is an elite HS recruiter, no question. Mario is a terrible gameday coach, no question (just think back to GT if in doubt). Mario has FAILED to address QB successfully, the most important position on the team. No one wants to return Miami back to the glory days more than Mario. All of these can be true...
anotha one

@PIPO got some nominees for an award for next year

Funniest Poster That Doesn’t Intend It

Advertisement
1704310826078.jpeg

I’m all over the charts, 23 and Me will be getting back to me.

I'm not sold on him as a recruiter. He got Bain but Golden got a few good players too. He can't even replace Mannys 3 stars. He recruits for rankings, not for ballers.

That's called being a positive mope. I've moped in the most likely way I think I can be proven wrong. But Mario can fail at anything so who knows...

There is a board where all of these points can be made and you have access to insider info where it’s possible the term “Mope” and “Slurper” exists in limited fashion……….

Advertisement
The poll comes out and the peacocks are afraid to attach a label to their incessant struts...

If there's one slurper on this board, then Sydney Sweeney is pulling up to my place in 5 minutes.

I can rattle off at least 15 that haven't voted.

I'm not sold on him as a recruiter. He got Bain but Golden got a few good players too. He can't even replace Mannys 3 stars. He recruits for rankings, not for ballers.

That's called being a positive mope. I've moped in the most likely way I think I can be proven wrong. But Mario can fail at anything so who knows...
I've shared similar sentiments. The holes 3 years in leave a lot to be desired for ELITE.

Advertisement
Back