Mope Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.
While none of us were pleased with the UNC game, Manny has the program headed in the right direction...as long he continues to make the right adjustments in the offseason AND recruiting gets stronger.

We had a severe talent deficit at quite a few positions this year (CB, young LB, OL & WR). I support every player on the team but the reality is that none of our current players at any of those positions (with a couple of exceptions) would have even been on the roster on the great teams from '00-03 or '86-91. Truth: Manny has the team trending up with fairly average players at many positions. The talent gap to our greatest teams is still huge.

The current recruiting class looks very solid at most positions and will bring a good infusion of talent. For Miami to be back (and truly compete for MNCs and win the Coastal routinely), we need to recruit more ELITE players. I don't see a Sean Taylor, a Michael Irvin or a Ray Lewis (greatness) at the CB, LB, WR, or S positions. Manny is still building and will only satisfy the fans if he can get back to routinely bringing game-changing talents to Miami (future NFL HOFers and Pro Bowlers). We have some good talent currently (such as Jaelan, GR15, Brevin, Mallory, Chaney, Borre-g & others) but for one reason or another they didn't play much together such as injuries & opting out...and it was mostly concentrated at the DL and TE positions -- we need more elite talent at other positions as well. We still have a ways to go on the talent front.

Defensive coaching adjustments: this decision may well determine the outcome of the Manny Diaz era (together with recruiting). I personally feel some adjustments are needed. I don't think Baker is as good a DC as Manny was. I think Baker needs to show more fire & toughness and hold his players accountable for dumb penalties, selfish penalties and loafing. I don't think Baker is a particularly great motivator and there's no question the D looks different when Manny is calling the shots & firing up the troops. Our LB play was poor this year. Part of that is youth & a learning curve and part of that is that ZM just isn't the most heady player (great Cane). Our strikers have played decent. We need much better recruiting at LB and they need to be coached up. Rumph is a good coach but needs to step up his recruiting game. We need to get back to have stud DBs (fast, strong, aggressive Miami DBs with a nose for the ball). Our DBs were so good they played Offense on Defense and thought they would score more points themselves than the Opponent's offense. We are a looong way from that right now. Rumph needs to figure it out on the recruiting trail. We want greatness not JAGs.

Manny could have a great run as Head Coach of the Canes if his recruiting game gets even stronger and he makes good decisions about the coaches on D. If not, he has likely hit his ceiling.
Manny's defense never shows up in big games. He needs to hire a legitimate Defensive Coordinator. His defensive scheme was exposed in a horrible way against UNC. He needs to put his little ego aside and hire someone that will produce a competitive defense against teams like Clemson and UNC.

Advertisement
I'll make this short and sweet (edit, didn't end up as short as intended). Manny needs to be fired. Rolling Pope and Wiggins out no matter what is such an egregious error that Manny needs to go. I don't even care if it was his call or not, he's the head coach and can overrule any coach dumb enough to think that's a good idea.

Roster mismanagement is an even BIGGER issue than our defensive philosophy (which obviously ******* sucks, but everyone else can hit on that). Today, Wiggins and Pope literally lost Miami the game. It probably wouldn't have been close if they even caught half of the balls they dropped tonight. The issue isnt just that they weren't pulled tonight, it's that they were even playing at all. We've all said they sucked since the first game of the season. Coaching isn't that hard, there's nothing behind the scenes that we're missing, the coaches just ******* suck.

Keyshawn should have been starting all year, he jumps off the tape every time he's in yet these ******* MORONS refuse to play him. They put him in one play and he made a ridiculous catch that was almost a td, then I didn't see him again. If this is Likens' call, call Dr. Kavorkian and euthanize his old ***. If it's Lashlee, tell that ginger to pack his ****, it's NOT THAT HARD.

The same **** happens on the o-line (Rivers should be playing guard, not that pile of **** Clark or ******* Scaife). That cost us a td today too, don't forget that

It also happens at linebacker obviously. McCloud is the worst football player I've ever seen but he's been starting ALL YEAR in front of young talent who is already better than him.

This all results in a **** culture as the best players don't play. This will hurt recruiting, might lead to transfers, hurts recruiting, slows development, and most importantly, ends up COSTING MIAMI GAMES!!!! There's literally NOT a single good reason to do this and many, many reasons to not just play older players.

I'm so sick of these ******* morons coaching who can't get out of their own way. This is rocket science. ****.

At the end of the day it's a 3 point loss to a ranked team, when Miami lost it's starting QB early and the DC and CB coach sealed their own fates with their first quarter corching. I'm not that mad right now, but I'll be really angry if Baker is still here next week. I'd welcome Charlie Strong to kick this defense in the a$$ and T-ROB to recruit some DBs. Diaz isn't going anywhere this offseason so no point in wishing any differently. At least the team showed heart, I was convinced they'd quit on him again.

Advertisement
While the WRs are a problem, that is not as bad as the defense has been. Manny is the king of the off-season. Get rid of Baker, Rumph and let them take Patke with them. If Banda wants to leave to Utah bullsht U, fine! He is a good recruiter but Bolden should have lit that kid up on the goal line instead of pulling up. We need to erase this soft attitude on D especially if Diaz wants to run an aggressive D like he has. But give the man a shot at righting the wrong. Baker screwed us for many games this year that Lashlee helped overcome. NC State should never have been close. I can’t imagine what would have happened had we played GT. Manny made a good hire last year on the O side of the ball. Hopefully he does the same on D this year. And if he doesn’t, off with his head! Otherwise, I’m happy that these kids tried to finish. They didn’t quit. Now they need to have a fire lit under their asses from the coin toss. What is the clip peeps post on here with “I’m not afraid of you *****”. That is the way we have to think from now on to keep going in the right direction.

At the end of the day it's a 3 point loss to a ranked team, when Miami lost it's starting QB early and the DC and CB coach sealed their own fates with their first quarter corching. I'm not that mad right now, but I'll be really angry if Baker is still here next week. I'd welcome Charlie Strong to kick this defense in the a$$ and T-ROB to recruit some DBs. Diaz isn't going anywhere this offseason so no point in wishing any differently. At least the team showed heart, I was convinced they'd quit on him again.

Miami was down 21-0 when King was in the game, so his injury is no excuse for another epic FAILURE by Manny to have his team ready to compete in a big game.

Advertisement
I don't actually think Manny deserves to be fired, I'm being a bit dramatic. However, for supposedly being really smart, he does (or allows) some really dumb ****. Everyone says he's a fast learner but how long does it take to realize some players just straight suck ***? I was happy with the effort after the first quarter but I feel us being happy about that shows where the bar has fallen.

is the reason Miami lost this evening. Huh? dude panicked in opening quarter and went for it on 4th down!!! Simply too much time in game, to go for it! Especially on OWN side of field. Why not pin them inside their 15 yard line?? Diminutive Manny is too much of a gambler. Ouch.

I'll make this short and sweet (edit, didn't end up as short as intended). Manny needs to be fired. Rolling Pope and Wiggins out no matter what is such an egregious error that Manny needs to go. I don't even care if it was his call or not, he's the head coach and can overrule any coach dumb enough to think that's a good idea.

Roster mismanagement is an even BIGGER issue than our defensive philosophy (which obviously ******* sucks, but everyone else can hit on that). Today, Wiggins and Pope literally lost Miami the game. It probably wouldn't have been close if they even caught half of the balls they dropped tonight. The issue isnt just that they weren't pulled tonight, it's that they were even playing at all. We've all said they sucked since the first game of the season. Coaching isn't that hard, there's nothing behind the scenes that we're missing, the coaches just ******* suck.

Keyshawn should have been starting all year, he jumps off the tape every time he's in yet these ******* MORONS refuse to play him. They put him in one play and he made a ridiculous catch that was almost a td, then I didn't see him again. If this is Likens' call, call Dr. Kavorkian and euthanize his old ***. If it's Lashlee, tell that ginger to pack his ****, it's NOT THAT HARD.

The same **** happens on the o-line (Rivers should be playing guard, not that pile of **** Clark or ******* Scaife). That cost us a td today too, don't forget that

It also happens at linebacker obviously. McCloud is the worst football player I've ever seen but he's been starting ALL YEAR in front of young talent who is already better than him.

This all results in a **** culture as the best players don't play. This will hurt recruiting, might lead to transfers, hurts recruiting, slows development, and most importantly, ends up COSTING MIAMI GAMES!!!! There's literally NOT a single good reason to do this and many, many reasons to not just play older players.

I'm so sick of these ******* morons coaching who can't get out of their own way. This isn't rocket science. ****.
Pretty much spot on..........there is no accountability in this program. That’s a head coach issue, everything else is just desperate attempts to plug holes in a sinking ship.

Advertisement
is the reason Miami lost this evening. Huh? dude panicked in opening quarter and went for it on 4th down!!! Simply too much time in game, to go for it! Especially on OWN side of field. Why not pin them inside their 15 yard line?? Diminutive Manny is too much of a gambler. Ouch.
Did you watch the game? Defense? Drops? 2 turnovers? Penalties? Lashlee with a few **** play calls?

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back