Mope Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes you did. You said I was not “predestined because I don’t MEET THE REQUIRED CRITERIA” (caps for emphasis). Meeting the required criteria would be the same as human ability ie I don’t have the ability to meet the criteria. God’s predestination/election isn’t based on a human meeting a certain criteria. According to the Scripture, election/predestination was done before the foundation of the world which would exclude human ability/works/meeting certain criteria. Don’t fall down the trail of semantics, we both know what you mean, and you are incorrect.
Nice try. Take off your Calvinist glasses and stop putting words in my mouth.

Biblically speaking, predestination means God set the criteria (Eph 1; Rom. 8, etc.). You will notice the predetermined criteria in passages like Rom. 10:9-10; Acts 2:38; 3:19; etc.

In my previous illustration, the UM athletic dept has set the criteria for the DC position (such as coaching experience, willingness to recruit, refusal to run a read and react 3-4 scheme, etc.). Thus, the point I made via the illustration. You don’t meet the predetermined criteria and therefore, you will not be hired.

Advertisement
Nice try. Take off your Calvinist glasses and stop putting words in my mouth.

Biblically speaking, predestination means God set the criteria (Eph 1; Rom. 8, etc.). You will notice the predetermined criteria in passages like Rom. 10:9-10; Acts 2:38; 3:19; etc.

In my previous illustration, the UM athletic dept has set the criteria for the DC position (such as coaching experience, willingness to recruit, refusal to run a read and react 3-4 scheme, etc.). Thus, the point I made via the illustration. You don’t meet the predetermined criteria and therefore, you will not be hired.
Biblically speaking, predestination is a work of God (not a criteria). “In love God predestined is to adoption” (Ephesians 1:4, 5). Here, Paul treats the act of predestination as a WORK, an ACTION that God DOES not a criteria).

Biblically speaking, predestination is a work of God (not a criteria). “In love God predestined is to adoption” (Ephesians 1:4, 5). Here, Paul treats the act of predestination as a WORK, an ACTION that God DOES not a criteria).
Again, that’s not what I said.

I said God SET the criteria. That is His prerogative. I did not say predestination IS “a criteria.”

Take off the Calvinist glasses. It will help with reading comprehension, among other things.

Again, that’s not what I said.

I said God SET the criteria. That is His prerogative. I did not say predestination IS “a criteria.”

Take off the Calvinist glasses. It will help with reading comprehension, among other things
You haven’t explained what “setting the criteria is”. What is it? I’m not familiar with that phrase because I CAN read and the authors of Scripture do not use that phrase to define/describe presestination. So instead of being a jerk, engage in a healthy conversation about the faith of you care to. If not, don’t waste my time and don’t respond to my posts. If you can’t do that, I’ll put you on ignore and be done with it. So, biblically speaking, define predestination/election.

Advertisement
You haven’t explained what “setting the criteria is”. What is it? I’m not familiar with that phrase because I CAN read and the authors of Scripture do not use that phrase to define/describe presestination. So instead of being a jerk, engage in a healthy conversation about the faith of you care to. If not, don’t waste my time and don’t respond to my posts. If you can’t do that, I’ll put you on ignore and be done with it. So, biblically speaking, define predestination/election.
Resorting to name calling? That’s not a good look. It just shows that your position is bankrupt when you repeatedly misquote and misread what I say and call me “a jerk.”

Resorting to name calling? That’s not a good look. It just shows that your position is bankrupt when you repeatedly misquote and misread what I say and call me “a jerk.”
Okay dude. You were being a jerk. Instead of having a healthy dialogue you insulted me FIRST and I’m doing so you were being a jerk. You clearly don’t want to have a dialogue about this topic for whatever reason. I won’t be responding to you anymore. Have a good Lord’s Day.

Okay dude. You were being a jerk. Instead of having a healthy dialogue you insulted me FIRST and I’m doing so you were being a jerk. You clearly don’t want to have a dialogue about this topic for whatever reason. I won’t be responding to you anymore. Have a good Lord’s Day.
Not true. I would be interested in having a reasonable discussion with you. I expect fairness and civility, though.

Not true. I would be interested in having a reasonable discussion with you. I expect fairness and civility, though.
So, “take off the Calvinist glasses, it will help with your reading comprehension among other things” is practicing civility? And while you’re answering that, I’m still waiting on your definition. Of predestination/election (using Scripture as the standard).

Advertisement
It’s been said at countless times, but our school continues to miss on key players and we settle for developmental guys who never seem to develop and the base pumps them up on to tear them down.
2018 people argued Holloway was better than Devonta Smith in this forum because people wanted Holloway more and we see how that turned out. Other stated pope was just as good as Smith and we saw how that unfolded.

Our staff missed on Surtain/Campbell and people argued that Ivey/Frierson were just as good long term. (PFF newest mock has Pat at #15 overall/Campbell at #21). While our guys will be lucky to get picked (yet it still doesn’t stop them from taking bad advice and leaving at times).

We then miss on the Lewis kid today who no matter what ANYONE says, barring unforeseen circumstances is gonna be a elite player at UM and he is better than every LB on our roster at the moment.
It’s all toxic analysis coupled with delusion while our staff horrific development of players continues to be highlight. We are a pit stop program at the moment. You come, hang, and then leave. Mack brown straight from the announcers booth already has developed a potential 1-2nd round QB in Howell, and ran circles on us upward of 60.

We need to reassess everything.

NUke.gif

Advertisement
Don't matter... Baker still on staff. The end. Delete thread.
Well it’s the truth but op had to start this thread that says the same thing as the other 8 merged into the Mope Megathread so this will go the way of the others and OP gets more coal in his elf stockings.

Advertisement
Exactly what I’ve said for over a week now. But I’ll add that I’m 99% confident that Mike Rumph will not be here.

There will be a new co-dc to bring some new input to the table, tweak a few things, and that’s it.

We’ll go 8-4 or 9-3 if we’re lucky and it’ll continue for another few years.
This makes sense. Welcome to another decade of irrelevance.

I’d love to know who is going to come be a “co-dc” under a head coach and his yes men where his voice will have no audience. It’s window dressing the same way hiring Ed Reed was.
This.

Lol if the outcome is bringing in a co-DC to run manny’s scheme and canning Rumph after Banda leaves with DVD to take the Utah State job. What a failure that would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back