Mookie Cooper

Would love to have him but I don’t see him as a take unless Fleming bolts. Don’t see us taking 2/3 receivers under 6’. New staff I know but it just seems Fleming and Mookie satisfy the same purpose.

That's ridiculous. I'd take both Fleming and Mookie and a third similar type (Caziah Holmes?) if we were so lucky. What's the obsession with an inch or two? After Thomas leaves this year, we will have no one like that. You need gamebreakers like this if you want to contend for a NC.

And let's get some freaking OL!

Advertisement
Then why did we just offer fam? Lol

Same reason we’ve offer the other 250+ kids this cycle. I’m sure his offer is commitable but you don’t hear all these offers getting pushed for a commitment. Time will tell I just don’t see the logic with some of the bigger bodies on the market that we are chasing.

Zero chance bags are involved with him. None of the Trinity Catholic kids are interested in the bag game. I really hate when people automatically say this, for every recruit. Once you get outside the South (and lets face it, STL isnt the South), bags are not the norm. UGA actually tried to make a move on him and he had no interest.

As I said, he'll probably end up at Illinois with his teammates and former HS Coach. You dont go to Illinois for bags.

You ,raised eyebrow on last sentence good point , you expressed convincingly in reply.nice.

GOCANES

Advertisement
That's ridiculous. I'd take both Fleming and Mookie and a third similar type (Caziah Holmes?) if we were so lucky. What's the obsession with an inch or two? After Thomas leaves this year, we will have no one like that. You need gamebreakers like this if you want to contend for a NC.

And let's get some freaking OL!
100% agree.. that's like saying you don't take/want OBJ because you have Antonio brown already ... Doesn't make sense. You take the best players

Advertisement
Advertisement
As allaboutheu said, stop with the nonsense of only having a certain number of wrs under 6’. 5’11 or 6’2 who gives a crap? How many plays a season call for jump balls? What’s the “need” for 6’4 guys? I want speed, hands, route runners. Don’t care if they’re 5’10 or 6’4.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back