Off-Topic Monkey Pox

You stated it in your first sentence, it is being spread in the *** male community (for the most part). It can be terminal though. There have been 114 deaths from it this year, but only 7 outside of Africa. Of the 7 deaths outside of Africa, 2 were in Europe and none in North America (so far).

Meanwhile, a couple of people in NYC contracted West Nile virus which has a 4% death rate, much higher than monkey pox and Covid. It is already out of the news cycle.
Thanks. I read most infections lasted 2-4 weeks, and there is medical care.

By ‘not terminal’, I meant not a death sentence like HIV once was.

Advertisement
Actually I'm not all in and wish the Dems wasn't all in on this LAGBQ thing, but like the Repubs can't afford to cast out extremist, they can afford to turn their backs on sexuality issues. I also think Dems should run a younger White Male like Gavin Newsome instead of trotting out Ole Joe again. I say all that to demonstrate I'm not an all in Comrade. The Crime Boss is a better Comrade than any of us with his support Putin and their gov system.
Russia! Russia! Russia! Comrade*

*Which even the highest ranking Dems now must admit was a Clinton attempt to win an election. But, carry on.

Russia! Russia! Russia! Comrade*

*Which even the highest ranking Dems now must admit was a Clinton attempt to win an election. But, carry on.
I'm no fan of Hillary if that calms your nerves. She did some questionable things, using home server, but we saw clear evidence that Russia did interfered with the election, bots, fake web accounts and disinformation. Even so your guy won, lost popular vote, but won electoral college. Both sides need to do a better job of governing for "ALL" the peoples, stop scheming and lying and do what's best for the Sovereignty and Economic prosperity of the Country.

I'm not qualified to answer that since I'm not a Doctor, Scientist or Epidemiologist. I do know I wouldn't have scrapped the team and Body that was put in place to monitor and develop quick response strategies to deal with viruses. I also would not have pulled us out of the WHO. Lastly, I wouldn't have denied its existence. I would have listened to the experts and been better prepared.
Who were the experts tho? Trump had Fauci (who is liberal as has been evident) and he was wrong from the jump and flip flopped dozens of times. Also he was involved with NIH gain of function research which was what they were doing in Wuhan and tried to suppress it early as evident in the released emails.

You knew this stuff right?

Also, did u know that Dr Birx also admitted that she either lied or kept things to herself (such as the vaccines not preventing infection).

This is what trump was dealing with. Also trump never wanted to shut things down cause the economy was the best it’s ever been right up til Covid. In hindsight he knows he should have went the Sweden route. Florida ended up doing that and both proved it was the right answer

But I do have to say… trump had some bad actors giving him advise for sure

Actually I'm not all in and wish the Dems wasn't all in on this LAGBQ thing, but like the Repubs can't afford to cast out extremist, they can afford to turn their backs on sexuality issues. I also think Dems should run a younger White Male like Gavin Newsome instead of trotting out Ole Joe again. I say all that to demonstrate I'm not an all in Comrade. The Crime Boss is a better Comrade than any of us with his support Putin and their gov system.
Newsome is full on comrade lmfao.

Advertisement
I'm not qualified to answer that since I'm not a Doctor, Scientist or Epidemiologist. I do know I wouldn't have scrapped the team and Body that was put in place to monitor and develop quick response strategies to deal with viruses. I also would not have pulled us out of the WHO. Lastly, I wouldn't have denied its existence. I would have listened to the experts and been better prepared.
You could argue that the only truly effective response would have been a complete air and sea quarantine of North and South America put into effect in the first week of January 2020 - essentially New Zealand's initial response but executed on a far, far wider scale. And absent that (as it would likely be objected to by other countries in that quarantine zone), a complete quarantine of the United States itself - sealing of the borders with Mexico and Canada. Somewhat like the comic book Undiscovered Country.

And even then, these actions only work as long as a complete quarantine was maintained.

Advertisement
I have concluded some of you must be in the closet because there is a lot of talk about something here that simply will not impact you. You seem to have concluded monkey pox is only being transmitted via male anal ***. You have dismissed other ways to transmit it. Perhaps you could spend your time talking about how to reform our current judicial system so people are treated fairly. No? What about fixing voter suppression? Too much? How about actually fixing how law enforcement is conducted so people of color do not have to be afraid when seeing an officer. Crazy talk right? What about banning assault rifles for civilians, those deer aren't fighting back. I know I just crossed the line. What about arming teachers . . . teachers too liberal to do anything but brainwash children getting guns do not in fact seem to be a good idea.
This isn't the thread for any of that.

All I saw was your post just stating that MSM was not talking about it period. If you had said it regarding pride month only, I apologize.

Again, I don't see how they "lied" to anyone. It was a brand new outbreak at the time and didn't affect too many people. Are you more upset that there was a pride month after 2 years of being shut down for Covid or are you really concerned about the health of *** people?
Contrast that to how unvaxxed 'plague rats' were treated.

Contrast that to how unvaxxed 'plague rats' were treated.
So much projection going on in this thread. Covid didn’t affect me, but they still tried to fire me for not going along with it. Now all of the sudden it’s, “ you must be *** if you’re worried about monkey pox or what the government and media does to deal with it.”

I hope they’re well rested from that 3 year nap they just woke up from.

Last edited:
Advertisement
So much projection going on in this thread. Covid didn’t affect me, but they still tried to fire me for not going along with it. Now all of the sudden it’s, “ you must be *** if you’re worried about monkey pox or what the government and media does to deal with it.”

I hope they’re well rested from that 3 year nap they just woke up from.
What projection are you talking about? Monkey pox was first found outside of Africa in Britain in May 2022 and posters on here now are saying the US should have shut down in June 2022. Covid was discovered in December 2019, did the US shutdown in January 2022? No it didn't.

Each day in the US there are still an average of 387 deaths from Covid. In 3 MONTHS of the monkey pox outbreak, there have been 14 deaths in the ENTIRE world. Now, you want the US to shutdown because you were mistreated by your employer?

What projection are you talking about? Monkey pox was first found outside of Africa in Britain in May 2022 and posters on here now are saying the US should have shut down in June 2022. Covid was discovered in December 2019, did the US shutdown in January 2022? No it didn't.

Each day in the US there are still an average of 387 deaths from Covid. In 3 MONTHS of the monkey pox outbreak, there have been 14 deaths in the ENTIRE world. Now, you want the US to shutdown because you were mistreated by your employer?
1661363583552.gif

@CaneinBroward to be clear Idc if a virus has a 90% death rate, you never stop an economy. My post was referring to the clown show saying monkey pox is a health emergency, when they can’t even admit out loud, how it spreads, for fear of alienation. But the government tried to have me fired bc I didn’t care about a fake vaccine for a virus that had no effect on my life.

Advertisement

Nobody said to shut down America.

Shut down pride month and parades absolutely.

Advertisement
Back