Monday Recruiting Chatter - 12/3

Advertisement
What do you mean "stepping up"? They should have been recruiting at an intense, high level throughout.

I get the feeling they"re too laid back, especially Richt and country boy Searles.

Stepping up meaning using unique tricks of the trade to get these kids, like Neal and his brother for example

What do you mean "stepping up"? They should have been recruiting at an intense, high level throughout.

I get the feeling they"re too laid back, especially Richt and country boy Searles.
This is how I feel too, Richt is so ******* passive

Lol last year doesn't count recruiting wise all coaches get that bump. This was the first year where they can't pitch the we don't have all our guys. Kids see the paint on the walls. Can't fake it anymore and that's why it's going to get a whole lot worse before the first signing day. If you haven't followed recruiting before this year you should absolutely take a break and start next year because it's going to get ugly.

Advertisement
The truth is, although painful it may be necessary for our class to fall apart on the offensive side of the ball. It may be the only way to get through to Richt.

The kids who are on the team can't stand up to Richt or they get shown the door (I realize I'm oversimplifying things). But kids who are deciding where they will spend the next 4 years decommitting and saying they have a better chance to develop elsewhere or a kid like Sam Howell not even giving us a courtesy visit is exactly what this staff needs to hear. We have only 2 recruits currently willing to play in this system... That's CRAZY.

Searels is taking the brunt of the criticism and I agree he deserves a share of the blame, But this falls on Richt and his system. Every group on O took a MAJOR step backward (except maybe at RB but I personally expected more).

Need an OC hired as soon as possible, but I think the damage is too great now to salvage this class regardless.

Of course he would. It's really a no brainer...Mark Richt would be hired a lot of places
A two-time loser who looks like he’s 85 years old and has the energy of a sloth. You guys are dead *** wrong on this. He’s got no juice at all anywhere other than in the minds of some deluded UM fans.

On top of failing at UM, any potential employers would look at how much better Spermy Fart has made UbaGA in almost no time. A lot of people thought he did a good job there, but in light of Fart’s results, his run at UbaGA is completely diminished.

A two-time loser who looks like he’s 85 years old and has the energy of a sloth. You guys are dead *** wrong on this. He’s got no juice at all anywhere other than in the minds of some deluded UM fans.

On top of failing at UM, any potential employers would look at how much better Spermy Fart has made UbaGA in almost no time. A lot of people thought he did a good job there, but in light of Fart’s results, his run at UbaGA is completely diminished.

He hasn't failed at UM yet...The man and his accomplishments deserve a pass and a chance to right the ship next season.

And what has Smart done (and i agree with you Smart is a good coach and possibly better than Richt) that Richt hasn't? He went to a playoff (richt would have made 2 or 3 playoffs, can't remember which if the current format was available) with Richt's players. Again I'm not comparing Richt to an all-time great or anything, but his accomplishments at Georgia in the toughest conference in the land are nothing to scoff at.

You angry mob types couldn't be more wrong. Mark Richt, if he wanted to...Would be hired at many, many schools instantly if available. And honestly at this point I couldn't care if he's fired tomorrow. I liked him before UM, I like and respect him now, AND I'm disappointed about 2018. But we know he's not getting fired, so why not support the man and squad.

And I agree with you his energy and stubbornness worry me as well. But I'm willing to get on board with him for one more season.

Last edited:

Yeah. UNC just hired Mack Brown, but Mark Richt would be unemployable. Nailed it.

Advertisement
This is getting beyond al Golden bad especially if he doesn’t close... I’m dismayed...

C9ABE0F9-101E-4DC3-8C7F-43BBFEDBD4F2.jpeg

He hasn't failed at UM yet...The man and his accomplishments deserve a pass and a chance to right the ship next season.

And what has Smart done (and i agree with you Smart is a good coach and possibly better than Richt) that Richt hasn't? He went to a playoff (richt would have made 2 or 3 playoffs, can't remember which if the current format was available) with Richt's players. Again I'm not comparing Richt to an all-time great or anything, but his accomplishments at Georgia in the toughest conference in the land are nothing to scoff at.

You angry mob types couldn't be more wrong. Mark Richt, if he wanted to...Would be hired at many, many schools instantly if available. And honestly at this point I couldn't care if he's fired tomorrow. I liked him before UM, I like and respect him now, AND I'm disappointed about 2018. But we know he's not getting fired, so why not support the man and squad.

And I agree with you his energy and stubbornness worry me as well. But I'm willing to get on board with him for one more season.

I look at Rick’s final years as evidence that he just lost his edge. The last successful year under Rick was 2012 with Bobo as OC. Look at his work with QBs and also Georgia’s special teams were atrocious for his last 3 years. You think it’s just a coincidence that we are seeing the exact same results here?

Advertisement
I look at Rick’s final years as evidence that he just lost his edge. The last successful year under Rick was 2012 with Bobo as OC. Look at his work with QBs and also Georgia’s special teams were atrocious for his last 3 years. You think it’s just a coincidence that we are seeing the exact same results here?

Fair points...But he still went 10-3 two of those years and 12-2 in 2012. I'd have to look more into specials his last 3 years, but I do know that during his time there they had some excellent special teams units too.

Again there is a lot that worries me as well...I'm just not ready to give up on him, I know he's not going to get fired (so I'd be wasting my breath, some of you seem to not mind just spewing venom and getting it all out ad nausea) , I respect a lot about the way he does things, and in response to this thread in specific...I know he would be hired at many places immediately if he were fired.

Last edited:

Huh? You pick out one season...

Do the names Blair Walsh, Marshall Morgan, Isaiah Mckenzie, Brandon Boykin, etc, etc mean anything to you people? Drew Butler, a Ray Guy award winner? The current kicker Blankenship is very good too, recruited by Richt.

Come on my guys, you are reaching for every little thing...I remember Bama having one or two awful years with Saban. It happens. But for a long part of his career Richt had very solid special teams. I agree punting needs to improve IMMEDIATELY

Advertisement
Huh? You pick out one season...

Do the names Blair Walsh, Marshall Morgan, Isaiah Mckenzie, Brandon Boykin, etc, etc mean anything to you people? Drew Butler, a Ray Guy award winner? The current kicker Blankenship is very good too, recruited by Richt.

Come on my guys, you are reaching for every little thing...I remember Bama having one or two awful years with Saban. It happens. But for a long part of his career Richt had very solid special teams. I agree punting needs to improve IMMEDIATELY

Blankenship was a PWO too wasn't he? I think he was put on Scholly last year by Kirby

Advertisement
Back